Question Possible D23 movie events?

With Tangled opening on November 24th and Tron Legacy opening on December 17, has any one heard any rumors about possible D23 or El Capitan Theater special events on the evenings before the openings? I wouldn't expect them to be free, like last year's Up All Night event. It would be nice to see the original Tron movie on the big screen and then watch new Tron Legacy.
    Mike L
    Premier Annual Passport
    D23 Charter Member

'09 - D23 Expo, Princess & the Frog preview, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '10 - 1st Anniversary Party, Roy Disney Tribute, Pollyanna screening, Toy Story Marathon, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Dateline Disneyland 1955, Secretariat preview, Destination D, Zorro screening, Tangled preview
    '11 - Love is Magical, 2nd Anniversary Mixer, Absent Minded Professor screening, Destination D, Studio Tour, Sci-Fi Academy, D23 Expo (premier), Babes in Toyland screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '12 - Newsies screening, Journey to Marceline tour, Sister Act screening, Brave preview, Brave artists meet/greet/screening, Treasures Exhibit - Reagan Library preview, Timothy Green premiere, Destination D (diamond), Treasure Island screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '13 - El Capitan Peter Pan Panel & Screening, Disney Video Game Unveiling, Fanniversary, OZ preview, Son of Flubber screening, Summer Magic screening, Tiki Room 50th anniversary, D23 Expo (sorcerer), Sword in the Stone screening, Hocus Pocus screening, Frozen preview, 20,000 Leagues screening
    '14 - Pirate Fairy screening, Rebel Rendezvous, Three Musketeers screening, Destination D

• Not a Minion

Re: Possible D23 movie events?

Quote Originally Posted by btowndude View Post
    With Tangled opening on November 24th and Tron Legacy opening on December 17, has any one heard any rumors about possible D23 or El Capitan Theater special events on the evenings before the openings? I wouldn't expect them to be free, like last year's Up All Night event. It would be nice to see the original Tron movie on the big screen and then watch new Tron Legacy.
    I sure hope there's an event. With the next issue having a cover dedicated to Tangled, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a Tangled event brewing up in the "D23 event labs." However, D23 isn't the type to release rumors on the possibility of an event occurring. Rather, they'll announce something when there is 100% certainty in something happening.

With that said, D23 does read these boards and listens to their members so hopefully we will see one or both of these events happening .

Tangled is going to need all the help it can get and Tron is exactly the kind of thing that fits perfectly with D23. If Camp Rock can get the star treatment, I am pretty sure we will see something.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I really hope that they have events for Tangled across the U.S. Hit a few major cities for those of us who aren't in CA (or FL)
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Banned User

After watching the trailer for this movie, sadly, I think I'm going to pass on this movie entirely.