Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: D23 Special Camp Rock Preview - August 7, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by goofystitch View Post
    I think it's great that D23 is offering events that skew to a wider audience than what we're used to. The whole point of the club is that it's supposed to be for any Disney fan, regardless of age. They had a lot of success at the Expo when they presented the cast of Wizards of Waverly Place, so it makes perfect sense for them to offer this kind of event. And as several Mice Chatters have pointed out, a lot of members either have kids who are in Camp Rock 2's target audience or know someone who is and would love to go. If you're a fan of the film or its stars, this is a great opportunity. I'm surprised it hasn't sold out yet. I would expect that most tweens in the SoCal area would have $34.99 (plus the $5 processing fee) to get their early viewing and chance to meet the creative team behind it. And some of you act like it's a bad thing for D23 to try and bring in another audience to cater to. I think it would be amazing if D23 could continue to grow beyond it's current audience.

I don't doubt that you are right. And Disney should do more to reach out to the teens as they have done with the diehard park fans. However, they should consider doing it as a separate club and not part of D23. Mixing events with such a diverse audience will just result in making everyone unhappy. They might want to consider running the teen club out of the Disney Channel instead of out of the Archives.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

Dear D23,

(1) World premiere of a DC movie.

(2) With special guests.

(3) And the theater is pretty small.

(4) And tickets are free.

(5) But after one week, these free tickets are STILL available.

Hint, hint, D23. Dusty's idea of running a tween club out of the DC (not the archives) is an excellent one. I really think that the end result of D23 running "events" for the DC, consumer products, the DVC, etc., will be to dilute the D23 identity/brand and to diminish membership and endanger the club itself.

I don't know why people are complaining about another event! Just don't go!

Quote Originally Posted by cruisedude4 View Post
    I don't know why people are complaining about another event! Just don't go!
    Thank you for putting it so succinctly!

• Not a Minion

For those attending the event, just wanted to throw out this reminder:

Please note, no cameras of any kind will be permitted inside the theater. This includes still cameras, video cameras, and cell phones with built in cameras. We suggest you leave these in your car, or you will be asked to check them in the lobby of the theater.
    I was about to email and ask if I could bring in a camera for the Q&A session, but I guess that we can't.

• Not a Minion

For those that are curious, I'd say it was a great event. We got popcorn this time around and the gift was a camp rock 2 bag and folder, perfect for the teens (or daring college students like me) to use when returning to school.

No pictures or photos from the event since all recording equipment was checked in before entering the theater. The movie doesn't premiers in a month, so this makes perfect sense for them to do. Also, wanted to take note that they were serious about preventing any leaks of the movie. At one point, i saw a security guard sneak up front with some binoculars, which I'm assuming were night vision binoculars since the theater was too dark for regular ones and I'm pretty certain they were checking for any unauthorized recording.

As far as the movie, I loved it and surpassed expectations (no plot give aways unfortunately. we made a promise not to do so).

• Banned User

I forgot to check. but did this event ever even sell out? Or could you get free ($5) tickets pretty much up until the day before?

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandtour View Post
    I forgot to check. but did this event ever even sell out? Or could you get free ($5) tickets pretty much up until the day before?
    Never sold out, but ticket sales closed a few days before Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    For those that are curious, I'd say it was a great event. We got popcorn this time around and the gift was a camp rock 2 bag and folder, perfect for the teens (or daring college students like me) to use when returning to school.

No pictures or photos from the event since all recording equipment was checked in before entering the theater. The movie doesn't premiers in a month, so this makes perfect sense for them to do. Also, wanted to take note that they were serious about preventing any leaks of the movie. At one point, i saw a security guard sneak up front with some binoculars, which I'm assuming were night vision binoculars since the theater was too dark for regular ones and I'm pretty certain they were checking for any unauthorized recording.

As far as the movie, I loved it and surpassed expectations (no plot give aways unfortunately. we made a promise not to do so).
    Thanks for the report! How was the Q&A session after the movie?

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by girlfromtn View Post
    Thanks for the report! How was the Q&A session after the movie?
    It was fairly interesting. I will admit I liked the movie more, but it was nice to hear things from the creative team of the movie (I would've preferred the Jonas Brothers and Demi Lovato to be honest).

Somewhere beyond the walls of Disneyland in a land far, far away...

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    It was fairly interesting. I will admit I liked the movie more, but it was nice to hear things from the creative team of the movie (I would've preferred the Jonas Brothers and Demi Lovato to be honest).
    My husband and I did not see the first Camp Rock, but we both loved this movie and the music was great! We took our nieces as a surprise...and they were all right!
    Like ryanvalle said, we are not allowed to share anything about the plot, but I agree that the Q&A with the creative team was great, but too were kinda hoping for a special appearance...though I'm not sure if we would have been able to pry our nieces off the floor!
    Imagination ~ dream a fantastic dream ~ use your imagination

Please visit my store!
    http://www.zazzle.com/carouselofcolor*

My current blog - check it out!
    http://www.thishappyplace.wordpress.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123