Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

D23 Special Camp Rock Preview - August 7, 2010

D23 and Disney Channel Present a Special Preview Screening of Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam

For those of you who enjoy spending time at the Walt Disney Studios Burbank lot, they are screening the Disney Channel's Camp Rock 2 on the 7th of August. Here's the info:
    DATE

• Saturday, August 7, 2010

• The Studio Theatre, The Walt Disney Studios, Burbank, California

TICKETS

• Available July 27, 2010, 10 a.m. PST. Please check this page for the ticket link.

COST

• FREE (There will be a $5 ticket processing fee.)
    Get ready to rock out at the Walt Disney Studios and be a hero to those tweens and teens in your life!!! Our friends at Disney Channel are offering D23 Members and their families an exclusive sneak peek at their new original film Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam, starring Demi Lovato and the Jonas Brothers!

Catch up with Mitchie (Demi) and her friends as they return to Camp Rock for another summer of music and fun. Fresh from a world tour, Shane, Jason and Nate of the rock band Connect 3 (Joe, Kevin and Nick Jonas) are hanging at their uncle's Camp Rock for the summer, too. But across the lake glistens the new big-money, state-of-the-art Camp Star and it has lured away many instructors and campers, putting the future of Camp Rock in jeopardy. Mitchie emerges as a leader determined to save the camp, gathering the group for an explosive Final Jam — an end-of-summer performance duel. May the best camp win!

Following the 90-minute screening, guests will get all the inside scoop on the film during a Q&A with some of the creative team behind the movie.

There will be a limited assortment of D23 merchandise available for purchase at the event. And everyone who joins us will receive a special Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam gift courtesy of Disney Channel!
    More info at to get tickets: D23 | The Official Community for Disney Fans
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Not a Minion

Re: D23 Special Camp Rock Preview - August 7, 2010

Wowsers. I expect this to sell out quick. People can reserve up to 3 tickets for people...

My favorite new D23 line:

FREE (There will be a $5 ticket processing fee.)

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I dunno... more and more I'm glad I didn't renew my membership when it expired. I thought it would be a cool club with some class but more and more it just looks like a way to get people to pay for the privilege of buying more Disney stuff. Its beginning to really seem like a paid marketing ploy, and this latest event nothing more than self promotion of a teen franchise for their TV channel.

If they do expo again I may join up... but only to get the discount on Expo tickets.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

March 10, 2009 Disney today announced the launch of D23, the first official community for Disney fans in the Company's 85-year history. Through D23, fans will go backstage and behind closed doors to get the inside scoop from every part of Disney, while experiencing the nostalgia, adventure and fantasy of Disney as never before.
    The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies - Corporate Press Releases - 090310
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

We've been to all of the "50 and Fabulous" screenings and enjoyed them. But I wouldn't go near this thing if it were screening in my backyard.

• Circle of Ancients

So they can use the traditional ticketing route for this but result to spam type emailing for the Star Tours event?

I think D23 needs to get their ducks in a row when it comes to scheduling their events.

Plus, is this was D23 has been reduced to? Promoting teen programming from the Disney Channel?

I have yet to see the value for my D23 membership other than an overpriced (yet very cool) calendar.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I am all about teen Disney shows (embarrassed face) but the first Camp Rock was sooooo bad (yes I even watched it opening night) that I have no desire to see number 2.... free in my own home. lol
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Banned User

Again, this is the exact type of event to which D23 needs to say "no".

What's the reason for this event? My guess: so that there can be the appearance of a splash preview and a photo shoot to create publicity stills and footage that will run in magazines and on the Disney Channel.

I really think that D23 needs to shy away from these type of events to focus on events that are more central to the D23 identity? If the fan community perceives that D23 = Camp Rock 2 Previews and such--well then, it will affect membership.

Again, the D23 fantasyland event was great, the studio tours were great, the 50 & Fabulous showings were great, the expo was mostly great. The problems, I think, are when D23 starts pimping products for other profit centers at Disney (the DVC Hawaii meetings, Camp Rock, etc.)

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandtour View Post
    Again, this is the exact type of event to which D23 needs to say "no".

What's the reason for this event? My guess: so that there can be the appearance of a splash preview and a photo shoot to create publicity stills and footage that will run in magazines and on the Disney Channel.

I really think that D23 needs to shy away from these type of events to focus on events that are more central to the D23 identity? If the fan community perceives that D23 = Camp Rock 2 Previews and such--well then, it will affect membership.

Again, the D23 fantasyland event was great, the studio tours were great, the 50 & Fabulous showings were great, the expo was mostly great. The problems, I think, are when D23 starts pimping products for other profit centers at Disney (the DVC Hawaii meetings, Camp Rock, etc.)
    On the other hand, there is an audience for Camp Rock - mostly kids and young ones - and I do applaud d23 for actually creating events that this niche of Disney fans would enjoy.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    On the other hand, there is an audience for Camp Rock - mostly kids and young ones - and I do applaud d23 for actually creating events that this niche of Disney fans would enjoy.
    Sure, there's an audience for this type of stuff. But is that audience shelling out $75 a year to join D23? Probably not. Will a bunch of these type of events (to pimp lesser products or expensive DVC memberships) alienate D23 members and possibly threaten the viability of the club? Yes they will. Word on the street: iger ain't too happy with the level of membership at D23. These type of events will only make things worse.

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandtour View Post
    Sure, there's an audience for this type of stuff. But is that audience shelling out $75 a year to join D23? Probably not. Will a bunch of these type of events (to pimp lesser products or expensive DVC memberships) alienate D23 members and possibly threaten the viability of the club? Yes they will. Word on the street: iger ain't too happy with the level of membership at D23. These type of events will only make things worse.
    Nope, but their parents might be and D23, I would assume, knows this being that they allow a member to bring up to 3 guests rather than the usual one.

I'd take my friend's 10-year-old daughter to this if we lived in the area. She'd love it. (She thinks Joe Jonas is cute. ) But we're in the midwest.

• The Study of Wumbo

Interesting, because they don't market D23 to the same audience they market Camp Rock to...

I also enjoy the "FREE if you pay $5."
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by wumbology View Post
    Interesting, because they don't market D23 to the same audience they market Camp Rock to...
    Bingo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast