2010 Magic and Merriment?

Has anyone heard any rumors about this event - when will info be released, will attendance be as limited as in 2009, events to be included, etc?
    I was not able to go last year so I didn't even try to get tickets, but the weekend sounded like a lot of fun.

Re: 2010 Magic and Merriment?

Well, considering that the Sip & Stroll event is less than 90 days away and D23 just had its first meeting with Epcot about the itinerary a few days ago, I think it'll be a while before we hear anything about Magic & Merriment...

•   

I was interested in the Sip and Stroll as well. Glad they don't get too far ahead in planning these events...
    Leonard
    "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. I REFUSE!"

Quote Originally Posted by disney_leonard View Post
    Glad they don't get too far ahead in planning these events...
    Last year at M&M, D23 only got one ride on Toy Story Mania, while the DISboard event was allowed unlimited rides on TSM. Of course, the DISboard had started their planning long before the D23 staff. Since the DISboard event is a DCL cruise this year, hopefully the D23 staff won't have any competition for facilities at Epcot or DHS.
    Mike L
    Premier Annual Passport
    D23 Charter Member

'09 - D23 Expo, Princess & the Frog preview, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '10 - 1st Anniversary Party, Roy Disney Tribute, Pollyanna screening, Toy Story Marathon, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Dateline Disneyland 1955, Secretariat preview, Destination D, Zorro screening, Tangled preview
    '11 - Love is Magical, 2nd Anniversary Mixer, Absent Minded Professor screening, Destination D, Studio Tour, Sci-Fi Academy, D23 Expo (premier), Babes in Toyland screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '12 - Newsies screening, Journey to Marceline tour, Sister Act screening, Brave preview, Brave artists meet/greet/screening, Treasures Exhibit - Reagan Library preview, Timothy Green premiere, Destination D (diamond), Treasure Island screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '13 - El Capitan Peter Pan Panel & Screening, Disney Video Game Unveiling, Fanniversary, OZ preview, Son of Flubber screening, Summer Magic screening, Tiki Room 50th anniversary, D23 Expo (sorcerer), Sword in the Stone screening, Hocus Pocus screening, Frozen preview, 20,000 Leagues screening
    '14 - Pirate Fairy screening, Rebel Rendezvous, Three Musketeers screening, Destination D

Quote Originally Posted by btowndude View Post
    Last year at M&M, D23 only got one ride on Toy Story Mania, while the DISboard event was allowed unlimited rides on TSM. Of course, the DISboard had started their planning long before the D23 staff. Since the DISboard event is a DCL cruise this year, hopefully the D23 staff won't have any competition for facilities at Epcot or DHS.
    I rode it three times that night!
    Jaxum- Disneyland Aficionado!
    Disneyland, WDW, and DLPR Annual Passholder
    D23 1st Day Charter Member
    My Disneyland and WDW videos and photos!
    http://youtube.com/tkfore21 .... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaxum_readis/sets/

Disney days for 2009:
    Disneyland:(27) / Tokyo Parks:(4) / WDW:(19)
    Total Days in the parks for 2009: 50!
    Disney days for 2010:
    Disneyland: (27) / WDW:(31) / DLRP: (6)
    Total Days so far in the parks for 2010: 63!
    D23 and Other events:
    Expo '09, Candlelight Spectacular '09, Magic and Merriment '09, D23 Anniversary DL/WDW, Studio Tour April '10, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Destination D: Disneyland 55, Disneyland Scavenger Hunt, Sip and Stroll '10, Tangled Screening, TRON Pop-up Shop, Magic & Merriment '10, Everest Challenge '09, Adventurer's Club Weekend '09, DL Candlelight '09, Gumball Rally '10, WDW Radio 24 Hour Live Show '10, Disneyland's 55th Anniversary, Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet '10, Mickey's Halloween 5k '10,WDW Radio Walkabout '10, ConGaloosh '10, DL Candlelight '10

•   

It is interesting the the Disneyana Fan Club (NFFC) is planning a holiday event at WDW Dec. 10-13. I just emailed the DFC to see if there will be overlap or duplication of events. I doubt the plans are firm enough at this point to know.
    Leonard

I'm a little worried that for this year, the price will either skyrocket, or they won't include park tickets with the event but keep the price the same (like they did with the Flowers and Fireworks event - it was $195, which was same price as the Magic and Merriment event last year, but it did not include park tickets or half as many extras as Magic and Merriment). They should either include tickets and keep the price around the same (I'm sure some increase is inevitable) or not include park tickets but drop the price accordingly.

If you include the park tickets, the passholders will complain, if you don't include tickets, everyone else will complain. Sheesh! No matter what they do, D23 can't win.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeychick62 View Post
    If you include the park tickets, the passholders will complain, if you don't include tickets, everyone else will complain. Sheesh! No matter what they do, D23 can't win.
    No, they just shouldn't keep the price the same while greatly reducing what is included with the event.

Who knows if it will change or not, but for all of the D23 events we've been to the tickets were comp'd, so taking them out would not make any meaningful difference in the price of the event.

We'll be at M&M 2010, wouldn't miss it...well unless we can't get tickets, or the price goes through the roof....

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

We ended our WDW trip last year with the 2 day Magic and Merriment event. It really was amazing. We got to tour the Dream Suite in the castle, eat in both the Diamond Horseshoe and on the set of Lights Motors Action. The tour of the Osborne Lights was phenomenal. I personally didn't enjoy Candlelight, but that is a personal thing. I'm sure that was the highlight for most folks. It was a real bargain of an event.

I do think that they need to have two prices (one with and one without park tickets).

Assuming that this year's event is similar to last year, I'd highly recommend it.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•   

I asked Jeffery from D23 while at the Studio Tour and he confirmed that Magic and Merriment will occur as scheduled Dec. 11-12. Details are still be worked out and will be announced "soon". The problem with these events is that the resorts don't want to confirm events for D23 until the last minute because it could impact other events that come up. I didn't go last year but I am already looking at airfares and hotel rooms.
    Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by disney_leonard View Post
    I asked Jeffery from D23 while at the Studio Tour and he confirmed that Magic and Merriment will occur as scheduled Dec. 11-12. Details are still be worked out and will be announced "soon". The problem with these events is that the resorts don't want to confirm events for D23 until the last minute because it could impact other events that come up. I didn't go last year but I am already looking at airfares and hotel rooms.
    I was glad to see the most recent Disney Geek video blog confirmed that Magic & Merriment will include the Candlelight Processional with Whoppi Goldberg as the narrator. And that more details will come "soon." -- Suzanne