Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

D23 merchandise sales at events

I have attended two events through D23 and was not lucky enough to have any D23 merchandise available at them. Seems like that might only be reserved for West Coast events?

I am really hoping to get a complete set of the Epcot patches if they are made available. If anyone attending the upcoming events or tours is able to pick up some extra sets, please let me know. In any case, I would be interested to know if they even make them available, although I really wish they could find a way to make the complete sets available without having to attend the events.

• Not a Minion

Re: D23 merchandise sales at events

I attended the Camp Rock 2 event and they did sell merchandise there. I don't have my order form anymore nor bought anything, but recall seeing the epcot patches (set) being sold for $45. I'm going off memory here, but if someone can confirm this, that'd be great.

I have noticed some people must have been able to purchase a ton of patch sets at the event and sold them on ebay for hundreds each. I saw one seller has sold 7 complete sets so far. That is fine, but if these were made directly to others, it would not be as profitable and more members would have a chance at getting them at a reasonable price.

I have tried to contact D23 regarding selling sets to us directly without having to attend an event. But you would think I have asked to have Disneyland to myself for a day.

Does anyone have a better contact than the [email protected] address?

• Refugee from a island

I'm going to the studio tour this Saturday and got a link in my confirmation reminder email to the merchandise pdf. The EPCOT patches are on there at $45 a set. I was planning on getting a set for my self. If I can get another one, I'll PM you when I return.

It seems there should be a better way of doing this.

Should one member be allowed to purchase 7-10 sets of Epcot patches at a West Coast only event, only to turn around and sell it to the highest bidder on eBay?

It seems they could make this merchandise available to all members online, not just those who can make it to the Cali events. However, as long as they are selling, I am sure that's all D23 cares about. No matter who's buying or how much. They are definitely getting profits from these merchandise sells at the events.

I, too, would love to be able to purchase a set of those patches for $45. Maybe even two, one to keep, and one to actually sew on to something. I think they'd look GREAT on those make your own Mickey ears!

Has anyone tried emailing them and asking if you can purchase them through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8Leigh View Post
    Has anyone tried emailing them and asking if you can purchase them through the mail?
    I did email them several times and made no progress. They were completely unopen to the idea of making these items available outside of the events and did not care that people were buying many sets and flipping them on ebay.

I found it pretty dissapointing that I did not get any kind of informative response. Pretty much just said NO, even after I pressed the issue and said I was reconsidering my membership. I tried to ask to have a response from someone else, but had no success.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by d43boy View Post
    It seems there should be a better way of doing this.

Should one member be allowed to purchase 7-10 sets of Epcot patches at a West Coast only event, only to turn around and sell it to the highest bidder on eBay?

It seems they could make this merchandise available to all members online, not just those who can make it to the Cali events. However, as long as they are selling, I am sure that's all D23 cares about. No matter who's buying or how much. They are definitely getting profits from these merchandise sells at the events.
    Exactly. All of this "exclusive" merchandise that they don't make available to every member, yet someone can buy it off ebay for an inflated price. And they don't care.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Exactly. All of this "exclusive" merchandise that they don't make available to every member, yet someone can buy it off ebay for an inflated price. And they don't care.
    I don't think it would be fair to say that they "Don't care." I'm quite sure that they'd love to sell those items online if it were possible.

Luckily, there are lots of MiceChatters who do attend these events and I'd bet that any of them would be happy to pick up the items you are looking for and send them to you.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    I don't think it would be fair to say that they "Don't care." I'm quite sure that they'd love to sell those items online if it were possible.

Luckily, there are lots of MiceChatters who do attend these events and I'd bet that any of them would be happy to pick up the items you are looking for and send them to you.
    Well I have to say the messages I got from D23 could have had a better tone other than that is their policy and they are not going to change it and have no plans to.

I think if they decided to sell stuff to members they could find a way. They were able to sell the magazine holders directly to members. And obviously they are able to sell countless pins and other items through the disneystore, I know that is a different entity all together, but it does not have to be. The parks always found a way to sell directly to fans before they even had the ability to do it online. I think they could figure out a way to do this if they cared to.

But you are right, I was lucky enough to find a micechatter to help me with this recent one. And I hope in turn I will be able to help someone out in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post

No offense here Dusty, but you make it sound like this would be totally out of the realm of possibility and could never happen. Sure it could. Sell them through disneystore.com, or my goodness, D23 has the ability and technology available to set up a special members store on a page on their website. I would imagine they have an entire team of people who create and maintain their website. It isn't an outrageous request.

This isn't that difficult. It would be very easy for them to do. They simply don't WANT to do it. And that's OK.

But I don't think we should kid ourselves and think they aren't doing it simply because it isn't at all possible. Anything is possible. I mean, it's the internet.

I just want to add I am not trying to bash D23 here.

Contrary to many D23 members, who seem to be disgruntled and angry at the club, I am so happy with D23.

We have attended five D23 events, and each one was better than the last! Couldn't be happier with our membership. And I truly believe D23 is trying to bring in the fans in a way that has never happened before.

I just wanted to make the point that there is a way they could sell all this surplus merchandise to a larger audience.

Perhaps there are logistics and barriers involved that we don't know anything about?

I would imagine they have an entire team of people who create and maintain their website. It isn't an outrageous request.
    Last I heard 'D23' was made up of something like 4 or 5 people and none of them are solely dedicated to doing D23 work, that may have changed recently. But D23 is not some big division at Disney, it's quite small.

Nothing they could do would make people happy, the merchandise at the events has typically sold out or been very close to selling out, so there wouldn't be much to add to the Disney Store, if they did put it on the Disney Store it would sell out so quickly people would be pissed. They could flood the market with the stuff, but that kind of defeats the purpose of having "limited edition" merchandise. Rock and a hard place.

I tend to agree with you on this.

I think you're right, when you say nothing they can do will please everyone, for sure.

It is a complicated situation, I was just thinking out loud about how it could be done better.

As far as 4-5 people running D23, that may be true, but unless one of them is a very skilled internet website designer, and the entire web site of D23 is built, handled and maintained by 1 person, I would think it's safe to say they have the Disney Corporation's web design team supporting them with taking care of their online presence.

I don't think only 4-5 people could run the entire operation of D23, that would be impossible. Between answering e-mails, the website, running and planning events, the publication, merchandise ideas and implementation, I think we would be surprised at the number of people that are actually behind the running of D23. There are many different aspects that would require the cooperation of many different departments.

Although 4-5 people may be the only one's on a 'D23 payroll' so to speak.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast