Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: Tickets for the d23 expo 2011 on sale aug 19

I didn't log on until the usual 10 am registration time and had no problem getting my Premiere Member Pass. I am not sure why I have two ID numbers, though
    Same here I'm not sure what thats all about. But only one of the confirmation's includes the payment history.

By the way D23 has posted the following statement on its Facebook page in regards to the problems its been having with tickets on the site today.

You may have experienced some difficulties this morning when trying to purchase tickets for D23 Expo 2011. We very much value each and every one of our D23 Members and Expo guests and apologize for the frustrations you may have encountered...

• Disney Trivia God

Quote Originally Posted by btowndude View Post
    It was odd to have to take that survey before I was allowed to buy my ticket. My experience has been that those type of surveys are administered after I bought the tickets, not before!
    I suspect it's a seating capacity thing. If 10,000 people pre-buy tickets and say that they're looking forward to the special guest speakers, they know not to book it in one of those little conference rooms upstairs again. In the end it was probably a very smart move on D23's part.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Darn you Disney!! Sucking us into your tangled web!!

When my D23 membership came due in March, I didn't renew. Why pay even $35 just for the privilege of buying more stuff I don't need. I figured I'd just renew just before the Expo to get the discount. If I go.... its still a year away so who knows. I have a hard time planning next week let alone a year from now.

So I'm looking at the site... the difference between the tier one D23 and non-member price for the 3 day Expo ticket is like $21. Price to renew my membership is $35. It would actually be cheaper just to buy the tier one non member expo ticket than renew, by about $14. So what do I do?

I renew my D23 membership, just so I can keep my "Charter Member" status....

I'm such a sheep....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Quote Originally Posted by cidbliq View Post
    I suspect it's a seating capacity thing. If 10,000 people pre-buy tickets and say that they're looking forward to the special guest speakers, they know not to book it in one of those little conference rooms upstairs again. In the end it was probably a very smart move on D23's part.
    ..probably..except..I was in such a hurry to get to the order page before the packages sold out that I pretty much clicked anything to just move on.

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by nunz View Post
    ..probably..except..I was in such a hurry to get to the order page before the packages sold out that I pretty much clicked anything to just move on.

Did the exact same thing.

Wasn't going to let pondering over survey questions be the difference between getting the package I wanted or missing out.

It did strike me as strange to be asking those questions BEFORE you actually registered.

I hope they realize that this might have been the case for many of the people signing up when registration first opened. However, statistically it probably is insignificant because after the initial rush, the thousands that sign up between now and next years convention will dwarf the few hundred people like us the blew off the survey because we were in a hurry for the top tier packages.

Even so, I hope they do decided to do things differently for any future registrations. What's next? Will we need to pass a Disney Trivia quiz before you can register?

I did notice that you can go back into your account and edit your survey choices if you wanted to do so.

• Diamond Edition

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    When my D23 membership came due in March, I didn't renew... So what do I do? I renew my D23 membership, just so I can keep my "Charter Member" status....
    If your membership expired in March 2010 and you just renewed in August 2010, you have already lost your Charter Member status. Before they updated the Expo page, it mentioned the Charter Member Lounge which had an asterix next to it. At the bottom of the page it mentioned that if you didn't renew before your first year membership expired, you would no longer be considdered a charter member.
    I'm attempting to watch and review every Disney movie ever made in my blog called The Disney Films. You can also follow me on Twitter for news on upcoming Disney films.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goofystitch View Post
    If your membership expired in March 2010 and you just renewed in August 2010, you have already lost your Charter Member status. Before they updated the Expo page, it mentioned the Charter Member Lounge which had an asterix next to it. At the bottom of the page it mentioned that if you didn't renew before your first year membership expired, you would no longer be considdered a charter member.
    Not necessarily. I got a letter in the mail from them that gave me until the end of the month. And when I logged into Disney Shopping, it still listed me as a D23 member. *shrugs* Whatever... I'm in again...

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Cake Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by goofystitch View Post
    Has anyone received confirmation through email? I haven't yet and when I log back in it will show me how much I paid, but not my ticket purchase.
    Got my confirmation email today.
    Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

Got my confirmation yesterday. The system is TOTALLY screwy.

The immediate confirmation states that I'll receive my credentials within 24-48 hours of purchase. The email confirmation states that I'll receive my credentials within 2 months of the expo.

And is anyone else listed twice? Once as a contact, once as attending? I have two id numbers and everything.

(And hi all! This is my first post)

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by photoscot View Post
    And is anyone else listed twice? Once as a contact, once as attending? I have two id numbers and everything.
    Yep, I'm listed as a contact that has no purchases, then as an adult that has the Premiere pass. But I only have one ID number. I don't get it either, and I was thinking about e-mail them.

Oh, bought the pass last night, so Premiere wasn't sold out yet, which went against a lot of what I've read online. $1,000 pass was sold out, but you could check a box to be put on a wait list (too rich for my blood).

My guess is that the ticketing contractor that Disney is using may need to provide some pricing consessions if they want to get contracts in the future. They definitely bungled the start of ticketing.
    The Mur

• Just another Disney fan..

I have the same screwy "contact/adult' and "no personnel ticket description" as others described.

No email confirmation yet. If this was Disney's first time usiing this registration company, it might also be their last.

On the bright side, I'm going to the expo! I've never been to California, let alone Disneyland, and I can't wait.

Did anyone here go to the last one? Are there meets set up in the parks?

Thanks,

Scott

• Artist

I got my ticket on the day they opened. Not early morning and not one of the premium only cause I can't afford those. Had no trouble and got my confirmation email the next day. Perhaps everyone getting there tickets so fast caused an overload?

I wonder if the convention will be sold out before the end of the year? Everyone seems pretty excited and I'm sure everyone will take advantage of the cheaper pricing on tickets. Wonder then if they'll even bother opening the ticket booths during the convention. :P

Hi there, don't usually post, but thought those who waitlisted for the premier or sorcerer package would be interested.

Long story short I missed my chance to purchase the Sorcerer Package and ended up selecting the option to waitlist. I didn't have high expectations that it would come through, I've been through waitlist procedures before and rarely do they end up happening, however I was hopeful. Out of curiosity I decided to email D23 and Experient to see if I could get some information on the process of the wait list.

I've posted below the replies I received by both D23 and Experients D23 Team.

Dear D23 Member,

We thank you for your interest in the D23 Expo 2011.

Please note that the Sorcerer package is sold out and we will not be able to fulfill the waitlist.

Sincerely,

Experient’s D23 Event Team
    Hello,

Thank you for your letter.

If an event is listed as "sold out," it means that the waitlist for the
    event has also been closed. We add as many names as possible to the
    waitlist, but cut it off to make sure we don't create false expectation
    for our Members.

Regards,

D23 Guest Services
    Take what you will from those responses, for me, I feel they've completely mislead those who wait listed (i know i'm not the only one), and have set themselves up to disappoint members willing to pay an exorbitant amount of money.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast