Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Tickets for the d23 expo 2011 on sale aug 19

Expo tickets on sale tomorrow. There are a number of different offers and packages this year, including discounts if you buy early:

TICKETS FOR THE D23 EXPO 2011 ON SALE AUG. 19, 2011
    Tickets Available for a Limited Time at a Discounted Price

D23 Members Enjoy Additional Savings… and Members-Only Benefits

BURBANK, Calif. – August 18, 2010 – The first-ever D23 EXPO in 2009 left Disney fans asking when there would be another. On Thursday, Aug. 19, D23: The Official Disney Fan Club begins ticket sales for the next adventure – an incredible three-day event that brings the entire world of Disney under one roof at the Anaheim Convention Center next Aug. 19–21.

Tickets for the D23 EXPO 2011 will be available at a discounted price for a limited time. From August 19–December 31, 2010, tickets will be $37 for a one-day adult admission and $27 for children 3-12. Tickets for members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club will be $30 for a one-day adult admission and $22 for children. Multi-day money-saving tickets are also available for both D23 Members and the general public, and D23 Members can save as much as $204 off the price of admission, based on the purchase of four three-day tickets at the D23 Member rate. For more information on tickets and the ticket pricing structure for D23 Members and general admission, visit www.Disney.com/D23.

In addition to these special advance-purchase savings, D23 Members can also buy new D23 EXPO VIP packages that are only available to members. These new packages offer incredible exclusive opportunities and will have very limited availability.

The PREMIERE PACKAGE includes:

• Three days of admission to the D23 EXPO
      • Reserved seating at all events and presentations in the Arena
      • Access to a relaxing Premiere Lounge with concierge and complimentary refreshments, as well as a special exhibit from the Walt Disney Archives
      • A D23 EXPO autograph book
      • A special Premiere Package gift bag

The SORCERER PACKAGE includes:

• All benefits in the Premiere Package
      • A private tour of and reception in the “Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives” exhibit the night before the Expo opens
      • Exclusive hardhat tour of the show floor prior to opening
      • Limited edition artwork signed by Disney artist Dave Pacheco
      • Reserved seating at all presentations and panels
      • A voucher for an appointment with an on-site massage therapist
      • A special shopping opportunities at the Disney Dream Store
      • A hardbound, collectible D23 EXPOguidebook.

Only 250 Premiere Package tickets will be available at $500 per ticket. Availability of the Sorcerer Package will be strictly limited to 50 D23 Members at $1,000 per ticket. Both packages are only available to D23 Members.

All D23 Members – both Gold level and Silver level – can take advantage of these exclusive admission savings and access to the special packages when tickets go on sale on Thursday, Aug. 19 at www.D23Expo.com.

The D23 EXPO2011 will also feature the Disney Legends Awards – a tradition that pays tribute to the talented men and women who have made indelible contributions to the Disney legacy; the return of the D23 Live Auction boasting extraordinary rarities and specially designed items for Disney fans; an all-new Fan Art Contest themed to the 50th anniversary of One Hundred and One Dalmatians; Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives with an expanded exhibit of costumes, props and set pieces from Disney’s rich history; plus amazing live events, special celebrity appearances, panels and presentations, sneak peeks and unique experiences that celebrate the past, present and future of Disney. The D23 EXPO 2011 is scheduled to take place Aug. 19-21 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
    More info about the Expo and to buy tickets: D23 Expo Information
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• 10 Year Annual Passholder

Re: Tickets for the d23 expo 2011 on sale aug 19

Thanks for sharing! I'm very excited.

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 4.6.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 14

I remember reading something about a lounge for D23 charter members - but don't see anything in this article about that...??

Quote Originally Posted by girlfromtn View Post
    I remember reading something about a lounge for D23 charter members - but don't see anything in this article about that...??
    Same. All I see about a lounge is this:

Access to a relaxing Premiere Lounge with concierge and complimentary refreshments, as well as a special exhibit from the Walt Disney Archives

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 4.6.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my

There is this for Charter members on the D23 site under the Expo tab..is this what you're thinking of?

<<<<Tickets for the D23 Expo 2011 will go on sale August 19 (one year in advance), with specially priced tickets available exclusively to D23 Members. Special Member ticket prices will be announced soon. In addition, D23 Charter Members will have access to a special Charter Member Lounge at the D23 Expo 2011, at no additional cost.* >>>

• Disneyland PAP

I went for a couple of days last year and enjoyed myself (actually only paid for one day, the other a friend let me in for free). So I think I'll pick up the 3-day pass before the end of the year. I don't know if I'll go all three days, but if I go two, it's about the cost of what two days will cost at event time.

Quote Originally Posted by nunz View Post
    There is this for Charter members on the D23 site under the Expo tab..is this what you're thinking of?

<<<<Tickets for the D23 Expo 2011 will go on sale August 19 (one year in advance), with specially priced tickets available exclusively to D23 Members. Special Member ticket prices will be announced soon. In addition, D23 Charter Members will have access to a special Charter Member Lounge at the D23 Expo 2011, at no additional cost.* >>>
    Thank you! That sounds like what I was thinking of.

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Visit my

The Premiere and Sorcerer package include "Reserved seating at all events and presentations in the Arena."

Anyone have a guess as to whether this is seating only in the Arena (either an event or a presentation) or is it for all events (where ever located) and presentations in the Arena. 300 reserved seats in the Arena won't have much impact on available capacity but will practically sell out some of the smaller venues. -- Suzanne

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

The Premiere package only includes events and presentations INSIDE THE ARENA. The Sorcerer package includes all presentations at the Expo.

Anyone planning to purchase tomorrow. The packages do look good although a little pricey. I wonder how long availability will last. May try and attempt to buy the $500 Premiere package tomorrow. If I fail I will still be buying the Expo tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    The Premiere package only includes events and presentations INSIDE THE ARENA. The Sorcerer package includes all presentations at the Expo.

Anyone planning to purchase tomorrow. The packages do look good although a little pricey. I wonder how long availability will last. May try and attempt to buy the $500 Premiere package tomorrow. If I fail I will still be buying the Expo tickets.
    I do plan to buy tomorrow, but those offers aren't for me. I'd love to see a TR from someone with one of the 50 Sorcerer passes, though.

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Visit my

anyone buying the Sorcerer package? Hopefully for that price the massage therapist is Johnny Depp....

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post

Got it! Sorry for the stupid question that would have been clear if I had read more carefully! -- Suzanne

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Got it! Sorry for the stupid question that would have been clear if I had read more carefully! -- Suzanne
    To be fair to you I think the wording isn't that clear. And I have to admit I misread it the first time round. So don't feel to bad. Still reserved seating at the Arena shows is a cool perk.

anyone buying the Sorcerer package?
    No chance. Out of my price range, plus I don't think its worth the extra $500 on what your paying for the Premiere Package. Like I say if the Premiere packages are still available tomorrow when I book than sure I will likely pay the money. If not I'll stick with the standard 3 day ticket. The Sorcerer package looks ok, but not worth the $1000 in my opinion.

Those Premier and Sorcerer packages are riDICulous!!!

So instead of solving the long lines and packed-to-capacity venues from last year's expo, they're just going to alleviate conditions for rich people and leave the rest of us to suffer again?

Quote Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
    Those Premier and Sorcerer packages are riDICulous!!!

So instead of solving the long lines and packed-to-capacity venues from last year's expo, they're just going to alleviate conditions for rich people and leave the rest of us to suffer again?

Ok, it's a YEAR before the Expo. Are you so sure that they are not addressing these issues? I think they are, because last year they were making changes throughout the weekend. Also, looking at the packages, it seems that this is similar to what they do at a lot of the special Disney events.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast