• Gumball Rally Godfather

Renewing an expired D23 Charter Membership... ugh.

Frustrating...

I neglected to renew my D23 membership because I was really struggling with the value of the membership to me. I live too far to take advantage of the special events that D23 hosts in SoCal, the magazine is so-so (though I LOVED the '59 attraction patches freebie), and I don't care for the mechandise. As a matter-of-fact, I only used it for reduced pricing on Expo tickets.

Well, I received an email from D23 this morning with their regrets that I didn't renew my charter membership and a request to take on online survey.

I did the survey and at the end it read:

Quote Originally Posted by D23 Survey
    For a limited time we are offering expired D23 Members a chance to renew and retain their Charter Member status. If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call DisneyStore.com at 800-328-0612 and let them know you’d like to take advantage of the D23 Extended Renewal Offer. We hope you will join us in our second year—and for many years to come.

So after much soul-searching, my desire to maintain Charter Member status (I am such a sucker) and price checking for next years Expo, I decided to renew. Unfortunately when I called the number, nobody at the Disney Store knew about the Charter Member extension. They then wanted to know what my original application number was (as if I keep records on my D23 membership). It soon became glaringly apparent that once again the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing so I hung up.

I had not yet finished the survey which gave me the option of leaving a comment, so I asked someone to call me regarding the renewal since one of my main motivators for renewing was to maintain that Charter status (again... I am such a moron). Without a guarantee that would happen, I am hesitant to renew.

So now... I wait.

Too bad D23 doesn't handle memberships and renewels themselves. It would probably be much smoother if it was handled internally by D23 staff.
    Last edited by Circarama; 09-01-2010 at 09:14 AM.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Re: Renewing an expired D23 Charter Membership... ugh.

Yeah, I'm a sucker too. I renewed on the last day of the month before my charter membership ran out, just because I hated to let that whole 'day one charter member' thing go. Seems like I could have waited. I feel like such a tool

I agree with you, though...things would go much smoother if the people at D23 could take care of memberships and problems.

Let us know what happens when/if they finally contact you, I'm interested to see how they handle this.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Wow Charlie... what a mess up. I really hope someone gets in touch with you.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I got a letter from them saying something about if I renewed by the end of the month... and yea... I'm a sheep... I renewed too. But I still haven't gotten anything from them except I'm getting the standard emails from them again so I have no idea if my "Charter" membership is still attached.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• no flash photography...

I got the letter to renew to maintain my charter membership and I tossed it. I did not renew that or my AP...Disney is not tops on my list anymore.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I finally got my new D23 card the other day... after "renewing" last month. Sure enough... it has on it "Member since 2009" and "Charter Member."

Of course it came at a price... even though I didn't renew until last month... it expires again in March of 2011.

But my "charter membership" in intact.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.