• Wilderness Explorer

D23 and Disney Store Present "Belle's Tea Party"

D23 has posted information for its new event for the grand opening of the new Disney Store located in Fashion Valley Mall in San Diego.

D23 and Disney Store Present "Belle's Tea Party" Event Details

Event Information
    DATE
    Monday, September 13, 2010

Disney Store, Fashion Valley Mall, 7007 Friars Road, San Diego, CA

TICKETS
    Available Tuesday, September 7, 2010 at 10 a.m. PST. Check back here for ticket link.

COST
    Free

SCHEDULE
    Check In begins at 9 a.m.; Event begins at 9:30 a.m.

Be our guest at this remarkable event to celebrate the Grand Opening of the Disney Store at Fashion Valley Mall in San Diego! Disney Store is inviting lucky D23 Members and their guests for a magical morning with Paige O'Hara.

Start your experience with a private tour of a completely reimagined Disney Store featuring a glittering blue Pixie Path, Disney Princess Castle and Disney Store Theatre. Members will be able to explore Disney Store's new one-of-a-kind interactive experiences that Disney fans of all ages can enjoy. The tour will be followed by an enchanting tea party for a lovely morning soiree.

Available at the eventóbefore they go on sale to the general publicówill be the limited edition Beauty and the Beast gold-trimmed Mrs. Potts teapot set ($124.50 each). These sets are limited to a quantity of 1,600.

The incredible Paige O'Hara, the voice of Belle, will be on hand at the event to greet D23 Members and sign the teapots as well! Just keep an eye out for Gaston!

• Wilderness Explorer

Re: D23 and Disney Store Present "Belle's Tea Party"

So I read "Grand Opening of Disney Store" and "San Diego" and got pretty excited.
    A D23 event just minutes away from me!!!
    Then I read that the event was basically a tea party...
    I might go... but this doesn't seem like it's really my kinda gig.
    If nothing else, it'd be cool to check out the new Disney store and meet Paige O'Hara, I just hope the tea party isn't mandatory.

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    So I read "Grand Opening of Disney Store" and "San Diego" and got pretty excited.
    A D23 event just minutes away from me!!!
    Then I read that the event was basically a tea party...
    I might go... but this doesn't seem like it's really my kinda gig.
    If nothing else, it'd be cool to check out the new Disney store and meet Paige O'Hara, I just hope the tea party isn't mandatory.
    Meeting Paige O'Hara has got me sold, but with a 2 hour drive to SD for me, I'm doubtful I'll make it haha

It's nice though that they're able to do these smaller events (and also more frequent events) which members can attend.

If you do go, do take pictures and tell us how the tea is

• or CBF

I would go if I didn't have school. Guess I'll miss out on another D23 event.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Oh man! I wish Paige o'Hara was at our grand opening!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Wilderness Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    Meeting Paige O'Hara has got me sold, but with a 2 hour drive to SD for me, I'm doubtful I'll make it haha

It's nice though that they're able to do these smaller events (and also more frequent events) which members can attend.

If you do go, do take pictures and tell us how the tea is
    See I feel like the tea thing would have been moderately acceptable if my girlfriend accompanied me, but she has school.
    I'm not going to do a tea party on my own haha.
    But I still am definitely going to go. I'll bring my camera and such.
    I won't be investing in a $125 tea set though.

• Wilderness Explorer

D23 E-mail registrations strikes again...
    You'd think they would've learned their lesson by now and found a better form of registration... nope.
    And just like Star Tours: The Final Flight... Every e-mail I've sent has been sent right back to me.

EDIT: I discovered the problem. The e-mail address they posted was this: [email protected] . The correct e-mail address is this: [email protected]

Whoever posted the info, posted the wrong e-mail address. Luckily I sent one to the correct one and got a confirmation. I sent them an e-mail letting them know their error, but unless they fix this, looks like I'll be the only one hanging out with Paige. haha
    Last edited by Awesome; 09-07-2010 at 09:32 AM.

So did anyone go to this? Any pics? What's the "new" Disney Store (Disney Store 2.0) like???

• Wilderness Explorer

I went to it. Didn't know if it was worth posting pics or not.
    There's a decent article on it over at Stitch Kingdom:
    Photo Gallery: Paige O’Hara Joins D23 Tea Party at Disney Store San Diego Grand Opening : Disney News : StitchKingdom.com

I thought I saw a better article elsewhere, but I couldn't find it.

The store really isn't as high-tech and innovative as I thought it would be.
    And it certainly isn't any sort of future of retail stores.
    However, it has some cool interactive experiences, and it beats the pants off any other Disney Stores I've been to.

-They have these trees throughout that projections play onto with various themes.
    -There's a castle in the middle that you can walk through to get to a magic mirror. You can then wave a wand of your favorite princess in front of the mirror and she will appear in the mirror and speak to you.
    -They have a giant screen that plays Disney clips, but instead of it being random, you can look through a library of clips and add your own clip to the queue to have it play.
    -They're the first store to have a Ridemakerz area where you can create your own custom "Cars" car. A feature that will be coming to Ridemakerz in Downtown Disney soon.
    -Using an iPod Touch, Store CMs can program in your name if you're celebrating anything, and it will appear on the big screen.
    For example "Happy Birthday, Patrick!" And that will stay on the screen for a good 45 seconds so you can get a photo with it.
    -They also have neat smaller features like Dumbo or Carl's house will occasionally appear in the sky inside the store.
    -Another random event they have is where the villains come and take over the store (via projections on the trees and the screen).
    Then everyone claps their hands and the heroes come to save the day lead by Tinkerbell spreading her pixie dust on the trees.

It's a cool store, worth checking out if you live in San Diego.
    Don't drive down just to see it though.

I preordered the Beauty and the Beast DVD and got a cool Lithograph that I got signed by Paige O'Hara. So that was neat. There was also free food and drinks.
    I went the following day also and get some free "Disney Store" Mickey ears.

Hey, thanks for posting your store experience. Sounds really interesting, and the pics on Stitchkingdom were so cute (good to see Paige [Belle] getting some face time... Jodi [Ariel] is pretty much everywhere these days).