Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• DMTNT

Next Disney twenty-three Magazine

Check out the amazing new cover of "Disney twenty-three" magazine! Shipping to D23 Members next week and on stands November 2! Ready for TRON: Legacy?

Exclusive: First Look at Disney Mag’s Tron: Legacy Preview
    http://www.wired.com/underwire/2010/10/tron-legacy-d23/
    See Also: Remote-Control Tron: Legacy Light Cycle Defies Gravity Tron: Legacy Billboard Spotlights Olivia Wilde Cast Reveals Details of Tron: Legacy's

Can't wait for this issue.
    Last edited by DsnyRnr; 10-22-2010 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Fixed the link

• Not a Minion

Re: Next Disney twenty-three Magazine

I thought I read it hits the stands November 1st?

Anyways, interesting thing to note: D23 members will be getting a different issue than the ones on shelves - content will probably be the same, but the covers are different.

Also, I heard that it will be featured tonight on Entertainment Tonight. I won't be home, but if somebody can record this (D23, maybe if you can obtain a copy and share it on the next DisneyGeek, that'd be awesome), I'd sure love to see this feature

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Sounds like a good issue. Has anybody recieved the Issue in the post yet. I'm interested to know what the mystery free Tron gift actually is?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Any word on the non-Tron stories?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Sounds like a good issue. Has anybody recieved the Issue in the post yet. I'm interested to know what the mystery free Tron gift actually is?
    In the story it says a Tron: Legacy Mousepad! Very cool!

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    From what I recall from the link:
    Spoiler
    I heard/read it was going to be a mousepad

EDIT: Should probably read all postings before replying - OCBear got it first.

Who still uses a mouse pad?

Just got my issue. It's OK. It came with a notice that this is my last issue, but I don't think I'm going to renew. The magazine is pretty much the ONLY reason I am a D23 member. I hoped there would be more benefits, but apparently not. Anyway, the last issue with the EPCOT story was really strong, but this one seems to take a step back. It's just OK, which is what I've felt about the issues before this. The Tangled cover/EPCOT story issue was really strong and I was hopeful but I really can't spend $79 to get a magazine anymore, and since I don't partake in ANY of the events even the $35 membership seems kind of pointless. If they had a better website and somewhere online that I could really feel was "special," and maybe if they offered something like a free ice cream cone at the parks (I mean, really, SOMETHING) I would do it. But no, this last issue did nothing to inspire any urgent need to renew.

And that made me laugh about "who still uses a mouse pad"? Good point.

BTW, here is the lineup of non-Tron stories:

* DREAMING OF A WALT CHRISTMAS -- How Walt and his family celebrated the holiday
    * THE ULTIMATE DESTINATION -- A self-congratulatory piece about Destination D. (I love how Steven Clark begins his letter by letting everyone know that he's a Disney VIP who gets to stay in a penthouse. This felt even more stuck-up than usual.)
    * OUR LAST EVENING WITH WALT -- The best piece in the magazine, but not very well laid-out, about Walt Disney's final film shoot.
    * PERFECT TIMING -- About a new animated short. A pretty good piece.
    * PARADISE FOUND -- A bunch of marketing hooey about how fantastic the new Hawaii resort will be.
    * THANK YOU, MR. ARCHIVES -- Sweet story about Dave Smith and the Archives but nowhere near as insightful as the big article the Los Angeles Times did a few months back.
    * LIONS AND TIGERS AND ... SANTA? OH MY! -- Another piece about the short time that the Mickey Mouse Club Mouseketeers appeared live at Disneyland. (OK, D23 hasn't done this story yet, but it feels like one of those stories I've seen dozens of times.)
    * SMALL SCREEN ADVENTURES -- "Synergy" marketing crap about bad Disney TV animation.
    * 23 QUESTIONS WITH ALICE DAVIS -- I'm concerned they will soon run out of "legends" to talk to; I'm not sure how many more times I need to hear about a costume designer?
    * DREAMING THE FUTURE -- I'm still not really sure of the point of this. It's something about the start of consumer products with Snow White. I couldn't get through the whole piece. (Sorry!)
    * D SOCIETY -- Photos from different events.
    * PHOTO FILES -- The best section of this issue, I think.

There's a lot of content, but I found it either a bunch of re-treads of stories I've seen for years online or in fan magazines, or marketing-driven stuff that reads like a publicist wrote it. (Though the look back at the original "Tron" was pretty interesting. I think I have a special place in my heart for that moment in the early 1980s when Disney was trying really daring, exciting, future-oriented things!)

I was surprised by the "Last issue..." renewal notice that came with mine. My membership goes through March 2011.

Does that mean there won't be another issue for 5 months?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Thanks for the info. Recieved mine today, can't wait to read it this weekend!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JohnZ46 View Post
    I was surprised by the "Last issue..." renewal notice that came with mine. My membership goes through March 2011.

Does that mean there won't be another issue for 5 months?
    4 issues per membership. TRON is our 4th issue.
    SPRING 2010 - Walt Disney Studios 70th Anniversary
    SUMMER 2010 - Toy Story 3 Issue
    FALL 2010 - Tangled Issue
    WINTER 2010 - TRON

The next issue will probably be out sooner than 5 months, but you won't receive it unless you renew. For this year, my issue came in a few weeks late since renewal seemed to take longer than I'd like it to be, so for us members, we may see an issue later, but anew issue might be out sooner than those 5 months (/end of poorly structured sentence).

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

If Disney are already sending out renewal's for 2011. Would it not make sense to have the pricing options out too. That way the subscribers/members can pre order now and recieve the Magazine straight after release. If I remember this years renewal fiasco a lot of people were frustrated that it took so long to recieve the new issues after renewal. While the Magazine's were already available in Store's.

In the story it says a Tron: Legacy Mousepad! Very cool!
    Thank's I must of missed that part. Out of interest anyone who's recieved the Magazine got a picture of the Mousepad?

I just got my magazine. Here's the mousepad.

Picasa Web Albums - Leigh M.

Also, the mailer that it comes in isn't plain white anymore. It's blue and says D23 on it, and has the logo with Dale.

Opening this issue with the flashy metalic TRON: Legacy cover was so exciting! I immediately read the articles on TRON (huge fan!), Dave Smith, the Hawaii resort (with commentary from Joe Rhode), and tv animation(which talked about all the old favorite Disney channel cartoons, Duck Tales, Rescue Rangers, Goof Troop, etc.). I can't wait to read the rest. I love how there's always a good mix of history and stuff happening now in Disney. You see all kinds of branches of the company and it always reminds me of why I love it so much. I will definately be renewing my membership even though I never get to go to any of the events. Maybe I'll get lucky and get to go to the expo next year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast