I was lucky enough to get a ticket from the waiting list, after all of the issues I had, I was very glad when it came through. Even though we were fighting the NYC marathon, LIRR track work, the cold and wind, and a very early leave time, DH and I knew there was no way we were going to miss this!

Our train actually got in early, and our first stop was Starbucks, of course. First peppermint latte of the season, and it was soooo delicious!!!

Not long after, we got our first view of the NEW Disney Store!

So pretty!!!!
Even though we were not supposed to line up early, there was already a line inside the first set of doors, and that line quickly became a mob as more people came in to get out of the cold. Everyone was well behaved, though. It didn't matter in the end, as we were set free right away to go shopping (no surprise there Disney!) but only on the first floor. As we entered the store, there were three lines with CMs checking our info, then one more handing us wristbands. I thought that part was very well organized. BTW there were MAYBE 100 people - and room for more. They also were passing out ear hats that say Disney store on them.

My first thought of the new store was WOW! The first big display is of a few NYC buildings, with a merry go round of kids and plush.

(looking out toward the main entrance)

This and a display next to it have the I (mickey) NY and NYC specific merchandise on them.

A little further back was the Vinylmation display.

And behind that is some children's clothes and CHRISTMAS merch.

There was also plenty of toys and plush. BTW they had a lot of more rare characters in plush - Fantasia hippos and alligators, large sized Dutchess and Thomas O'Malley, along with the three kittens in a smaller plush, Lumiere and Cogsworth... more that I can't remember. It was good to see people buying them too!

All of that is along one narrow stretch of store. To the left is the escalators, tucked under them are the registers, and next to those is more NY exclusive merch (Disney Broadway items), a great selection of Nightmare stuff and the trendy stuff.

And all around up on the walls are pictures of various Disney characters (as you might have noticed)

These pictures were $125, limited edition - there was also Princess Tiana and one more I think. The Ariel one was special because Jodi Benson was going to be there to sign them!!11!!

After awhile of browsing and buying, the second floor was opened up, and everyone made their way up there...