• Not a Minion

Check-In: D23 Screening/Preview of "Tangled"

Howdy Folks,
    D23's screening of Tangled is sold out. This time, they did an e-mail system and am guessing did it as a first come first serve basis. I got my confirmation so I'm excited to go and see this film. Rotten Tomatoes has an early review and for now it's rated at 100% and random reviews on the web from early screenings are giving it positive reviews, so I'm sure we're bound to see something good.

Anyways, if any other MCers will be there, it'd be cool to know.

And for those that are going, I was wondering if anybody knew whether or not we'll be seeing this in 3D. It's the story that counts, but one review I read said the 3D was great in this film.

Re: Check-In: D23 Screening/Preview of "Tangled"

Sounds like fun. Hope everybody who was lucky enough to get a confirmation to the preview has a great time!

From what I was told of last weekend's studio screenings in Burbank, only the 2D version was shown. Pretty good chance that D23s screening will also be 2D.

Anyway, have fun! Hope to read some MC reports about this!

I will be going and I have an extra ticket. If someone wants to meet me contact me here and we work on the logistics! I work in Downtown LA, so I'm about 10 miles from the Studios.

Nevermind I found a friend to go with me!
    Last edited by OCBear; 11-20-2010 at 07:35 AM.

Anyone know which gate we are supposed to go to?

• User

Quote Originally Posted by Raindown View Post
    Anyone know which gate we are supposed to go to?
    The Riverside Gate on Riverside Drive.

SO EXCITED FOR TONIGHT!!!

I just got back and I must say I thought it was awesome! And they had it in 3D! The 3D was amazing! Everyone should definitely take that option when they go see it in the theater. It was absolutely beautiful especially a certain scene in a boat.

For those who went, what did you think?? I thought the sidekicks (Maximus and Pascal) were hilarious. All-in-all, thought it was a great movie!

Getting into the parking garage was a bit of craziness. I thought leaving 80 minutes before start time from West LA would be enough, but that line to get in had me worrying. But it was all worth it! =)

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I saw it non-3D and thought it was great but will consider the 3D option when I actually PAY to see the film.

I will open a Spoiler filled thread in the movies section soon so please take all discussion of the film there. Leave this thread to talk about the D23 event itself.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• User

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmic! View Post
    I just got back and I must say I thought it was awesome! And they had it in 3D! The 3D was amazing! Everyone should definitely take that option when they go see it in the theater. It was absolutely beautiful especially a certain scene in a boat.

For those who went, what did you think?? I thought the sidekicks (Maximus and Pascal) were hilarious. All-in-all, thought it was a great movie!

Getting into the parking garage was a bit of craziness. I thought leaving 80 minutes before start time from West LA would be enough, but that line to get in had me worrying. But it was all worth it! =)

Well. I just got back from seeing it a second time, so I really enjoyed it! The animation is fantastic!!!! It was a little weird to have a computer animated musical... but I miss musical Disney so much (even though quite a few of my favorites have no songs. Weird.) so it's all good.

Also
    Spoiler
    I found it rather ironic that I chopped off all my hair the day before (but it was from medium length to super short, not too drastic) and my Flynn Lives shirt I was wearing became all the more appropriate. I didn't realize it until the lady my sister was sitting next to said that she understood the meaning of my shirt. Of course I had to explain that the shirt was actually for TRON and that it was merely coincidence that it managed to fit (other than the name thing). Totally unintentional.

okays, i agree, the line to get into the parking garage was ridiculous. It was blocked up until the freeway exit, so I went past the studios and turned around.

Overall it was a fun event! D23 was really kind to offer us an opportunity like this.

I really liked that the 3D wasn't the in your face type. It merely added depth to the movie and was really tasteful. Also it was nice to see it with the newer Dolby Digital 3d technology. I'm probably going to see it again with friends and want to compare.

• Minion

i tried to get to tickets but i could cuz i didt have membership in yet
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr