Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Post D23 EXPO - Discounted Tickets If Purchased Before December 31, 2010

Planning to attend next year's D23 EXPO? It might make sense for you to buy your tickets before December 31st 2010:

The D23 Expo 2011 returns to the Anaheim Convention Center from August 19 – 21, 2011. Folks who buy tickets early, and those who are D23 members will save by buying before December 31st, 2010. A one day ticket at the door will cost $47, but a D23 member buying a single day ticket today will pay just $30.

Highlights of D23 Expo 2011’s weekend activities will include:

• 2011 Disney Legends. Paying tribute to the talented men and women who have made indelible contributions to Disney entertainment
    • Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives. Featuringdozen of props, artifacts and costumes, accessible to the public for the first time in Disney’s history
    • Collector’s Forum. Where attendees can buy, sell and trade precious memorabilia and merchandise
    • Fan Art Contest. Themed to 101 Dalmatians in honor of the 50th anniversary of the animated classic
    • The Ultimate Disney Trivia Tournamentwill allow participants to demonstrate their Disney knowledge as they compete for outstanding prizes
    • D23 Expo panels, presentations and experiences which will be announced in the coming months.

Read more details on specific prices on the D23 Web site:
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Wilderness Explorer

Re: D23 EXPO - Discounted Tickets If Purchased Before December 31, 2010

I have 2 weeks to decide if I want to go all 3 days or just one day.
    On the one hand... last year I was bummed I wasn't there more of the days to see more panels...
    On the other hand, we saw the entire showroom floor in just a few hours. Unless they seriously step it up this year, there will be nothing to do for 3 full days.

How is everyone else feeling about this so far?
    Are you going all 3 days? Why?
    Help me decide

• Not a Minion

My feeling is that I wish I didn't spend the last of my "splurging" money on tuition so I can go ahead and buy my 3 day pass already! I never went for the first time since I was just too busy, but since I swould be done with school by then, going for all three days shouldn't be a problem but if you're right about seeing all the displays in a few hours is true, then now you've got me thinking of buying for one or two days rather than all three...

• 10 Year Annual Passholder

We had the exact dame dilemma and decided to buy the full three days. We figured that between Disneyland and the Expo we would have enough to do to keep us occupied.

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 10.13.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 19

Am I missing something? For 1 3-day member ticket it's giving me a total of $87.50 instead of $85. I'm ready to buy anyway (since I suspect the rest is a fee); I just wish it was broken down somewhere.

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    I have 2 weeks to decide if I want to go all 3 days or just one day.
    I'm in the same boat. In '09, I bought one ticket for Thursday and then lucked into a free ticket when I met a friend and visited again on Sunday. And frankly, I just being spendthrifty. But I guess if I end up picking up the 3-day pass, then I gain the opportunity to see more events in the D23 Arena, something I denied myself when I only planned to go on Day 1. The event on Day 2 with Depp's surprise appearance looked like a lotta fun. So I guess (and I just figured this out while drafting this post) that I'm leaning towards buying a 3-day pass soon.

Quote Originally Posted by HtomSirveaux View Post
    Am I missing something? For 1 3-day member ticket it's giving me a total of $87.50 instead of $85. I'm ready to buy anyway (since I suspect the rest is a fee); I just wish it was broken down somewhere.
    If there is a fee, thanks for the heads up. It's like the fees they added when I renewed my membership. I'm processing my order and then - boom, surprise! - we're charging you more.

• Banned User

I'll go for at least one day. But I want to see what the panels are before I pull the trigger on three days.

Buy the three day now!We only bought one day tickets last year and have been kicking ourselves ever since. we missed so much

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DebG View Post
    Buy the three day now!We only bought one day tickets last year and have been kicking ourselves ever since. we missed so much
    I think that depends on what folks want to get out of the Expo. If you just want to see the exhibits and booths, then a one day ticket should be enough. But if you want to try to get in to some of the seminars and lectures then you would need 3 days.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

The D23 Expo in 2009 had in my view something unique to offer on each of the days. I seriously think anyone who is buying a one day ticket is making a mistake. If your only going to check out the exhibits, I feel its a wasted opportunity. My first day at last years Expo involved Bob Iger's presentation and Legend awards ceremony. This was followed by a bite to eat and several minutes in line to buy merchandise before the ABC presentation. After this the Expo had closed for the day and I had yet to check out any of the other exhibits or screenings including the Archive or Imagineering pavilion. Fortunately I was able to see everything else on others days since I had purchased a 4 day pass. The Expo can be very time consuming with being stuck in line waiting for presentations to happen. I would hate for anyone to visit the Expo and only visit on the one day and miss out on seminars and lectures since many of these can be considered the real highlights of an Expo event like D23.

Go and buy the three day tickets now and enjoy the saving. Why give the Mouse all that extra money when it can be spent later at the Expo on merchandise.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

I only went for one day and it was magical, but at the end of the day, I had to do lots of personal carwashes for my Family (so I could pay it off.) I am going to see if I can get the three days and do it (with my own money to purchase said three day pass and to spend on some merchandise and food.)

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

• D23 Lover!

Christmas really dried my wallet out... I wish we had one more month to buy before the prices go up, so we can recover from the holidays. (But heck, if I'm wishing for stuff I would wish the price stayed the same).

I will most likely buy 2- one day passes (for the weekend). I have no idea this far in advance what my work schedule will be like and at this point $60 seems much better than $85. I went for just the weekend last year and had a blast (though I was sad I missed Johnny Depp).

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

If i could go, I'd get 3 day tickets.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Ok I went to get my ticket today.... But.... it didn't ask me how many tickets I wanted, didn't give me a total, didn't ask for any credit card info... just thanked me for registering and said my credentials would be mailed to me 2 months prior to the Expo.

I'm a bit concerned. Did I get my ticket or not? Do I pay for it later? I'm confused....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Your Average Joe

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Ok I went to get my ticket today.... But.... it didn't ask me how many tickets I wanted, didn't give me a total, didn't ask for any credit card info... just thanked me for registering and said my credentials would be mailed to me 2 months prior to the Expo.

I'm a bit concerned. Did I get my ticket or not? Do I pay for it later? I'm confused....
    I'm pretty sure you didn't buy the tickets. I made the same mistake too.

When I went back on the website, I missed a button that said "buy tickets" or something to that effect. You definitely need to input a credit card to buy the tickets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast