• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Disney Twenty-Three Spring Issue - Cover and Stories

The Spring issue of Disney Twenty-Three magazine is just about to sail around the bend and will hit newsstands on February 1st, 2011.

And the big news and cover story of the issue is . . . . the brand new Disney Dream cruise ship.

The magazine will explore the massive new ship, giving readers a stem-to-stern tour. Joe Lanzisero steers readers through ideas from the minds of his fellow Imagineers, such as the inventive magic portals which give every room in the ship an ocean view.

The issue also includes an interview with Sir Elton John, discussing his participation in Disney’s new animated feature film, Gnomeo & Juliet, a comedic retelling of Shakespeare’s love story that now stars garden gnomes. Sir Elton talks about how the film inspired him to spoof his own music, adding that “every artist should have a sense of humor about himself. Nothing is sacred. I think poking fun at yourself is one of the greatest things you can do.” He also chats about recording a duet with Lady Gaga called ‘Hello Hello” and provides surprising insight about other songs included in the film.

Nightmare Before Christmas fans will delight in a great story about the collaboration between composer Danny Elfman and filmmaker Tim Burton, presenting fans with a retrospective of the quirky fruits of their collaborations.

Other stories include:

• GOOD TASTE IS TIMELESS: Highlights the history and tradition of the refreshing beer called Radeberger that is served at Epcot’s Germany Pavilion.
    • INSIDE AT DISNEY’S EXCLUSIVE TALK, SQUAWK & SQUEAK CLUB: The personalities who give voice to Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto.
    • THE ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME: Walt Disney Archives Director Becky Cline leads a rich trip back in time, packed with vivid photos and travel tales giving readers an incredible insight into Walt and Lilly’s voyages abroad.
    • SEAS THE DAY: Take a dive at Epcot: It’s a whole new world as Disney twenty-three Editor-in-Chief Carmen Capone goes scuba diving and comes face to face with a shark!
    • THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM: Richard Kraft, agent to musical talents Danny Elfman, Alan Menken, Richard Sherman and others, packs his Encino, California, home with vintage Disney treasures… including, of course, a Dumbo attraction vehicle from Walt Disney World.
    • 23 QUESTIONS WITH... Imagineer, attraction designer and Disney Legend Bob Gurr.
    • A WALK WITH WALT 1939: WORLDS TO CONQUER: Even as Walt crafted his groundbreaking Fantasia, construction crews were breaking ground on his brand new studios in Burbank.
    • D SOCIETY: Alan Menken, Leonard Maltin and some very popular D23 Members (even a duo direct from Tokyo!) are all in the spotlight.
    • PHOTOfiles: Disney twenty-three’s ninth installment of rare pictures from the Disney Photo Library takes readers from a 1941 photo shoot with Walt to visits back home to Marceline and to the set of Mary Poppins.
    • GOOD MOUSEKEEPING: A new column featuring classic Disney comics originally published in the 1930s and early 1940s in Good Housekeeping magazine.

D23 Members will receive an exclusive D23 Expo 2011 luggage tag featuring the beloved chipmunks Chip and Dale that will be shipped to members exclusively.

For everyone else, Disney twenty-three magazine will be available at select retail locations for $15.95 on February 1st.

For more information about the magazine or D23 membership, visit:
    www.disney.com/D23.

MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: Disney Twenty-Three Spring Issue - Cover and Stories

I have to say that I'm really looking forward to that D23 cover story featuring the newest Disney Cruise Ship. Its a shame the Magazine hasn't developed an article on the behind the scenes look at the new Hong Kong Disneyland Parade, Flights of Fantasy. Thats an idea for the next issue I think, maybe even a full article chatting to Steve Davison about his three latest Disney projects, Flights of Fantasy, Mickey's Soundsational and Fantasmic. Unless of course D23 don't want visitors to WDW to see just how incredible and stunning the other Disney park parade's are in comparison to WDW.

Anyway sounds like another good balanced issue. Hoping it turns up soon. And a luggage tag perfect for me to use for the journey to the Expo in August. Unfortunately I doubt I will be doing so since I like to keep the freebies.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

• Your Average Joe

I got my magazine today, and 5 days before it hits the stands! That's an improvement - I used to get my magazine after it was already on the stands.

Came with the surprise gift as noted in the first post - a luggage tag with a D23 expo holograph on the front.

Also, this is probably the most glossy magazine I have ever seen! I'm afraid that if I put it on my chair, it will slip right off. :-)

My D23 package included the luggage tag...

But there was a silver box included....

Inside the box was a... D23 WATCH!!!

Did others also get a D23watch?
    .... Check the package for a silver 2" x 5-1/2" box with a watch.

Last edited by Disneyland 1951; 01-26-2011 at 07:38 PM.

• D23 Lover!

I just realized that I still haven't gotten my issue yet. Anyone else have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by *Arielle* View Post
    I just realized that I still haven't gotten my issue yet. Anyone else have this problem?
    I haven't rec'd mine yet, however I'm giving them until next week. Reason? I renewed at the end of Jan. and their FAQ says that the order will be processed after the end of that month and to allow 3 weeks for it to arrive after that. So here I wait in anticipation.

• Minion

i revied a watch and the d23 luggges tag and i the magize and am planning on going to anivery party at disneyland
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by *Arielle* View Post
    ive that prooplom with my frist issue i sighn up in noveber and i didt my issue during chrismas eve
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

• Distant Disneylandaholic

I renewed on 1/3/11 and still haven't seen the magazine or the 1st day pin. I did get a package with the watch a few weeks back. Weird. Hopefully the magazine and pin will show up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
    I renewed on 1/3/11 and still haven't seen the magazine or the 1st day pin. I did get a package with the watch a few weeks back. Weird. Hopefully the magazine and pin will show up soon.
    What pin? All you get is the watch, currently.
    Caleb

"Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning."

"Adventure is out there!"

22 times to Disneyland in one year, personal record.

(Save the Disneyland Hotel Waterfalls too!)

There's an early renewal pin if the renewal happened before 1/31/2011. I'm not sure if it's for everyone early renewing or just charter members or just first day members. The renewal email wasn't clear, or I'm not remembering clearly--probably the latter Anyway, a pin does exist. There's another thread on it.

Is anyone else still waiting on their Spring 2011 issue? I've now emailed Disney twice about it but nothing has arrived. First email resulted in some generic response to me. I just emailed them again--we'll see what comes of it. Just wondering if others are experiencing this massive delay.