• Disney Down Under

Australia - 7458 Miles Away From Disneyland :(

The one reason I dont join D23

I live in Australia,

and no not the reason you would think of not being able to attend any of the functions, but for the fact that the shipping will cost me $55 only $20 less then the actual subscription itself, Id be happy to pay the $75 even without the events but not for $125.

They really need to offer an overseas membership where you get the magazines, gifts, access to website etc but not the invites to special events.
    -Luke

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Re: The one reason I dont join D23

I was a member but let it lapse becuase everytime i tried to signup for a event on time , it always seems to be sold out...

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

My reason would be you don't get what you paid for, if they had more exclusive (FREE) events at the parks and you got to see classic Disney movies in theaters for 6 dollars (they make you pay 12 bucks for a movie I own on DVD? that makes no sense)
    And if they just did more for what you pay for...but that's coming from a poor kid they want more adults that full time jobs and have extra money to spend and just get memberships to pay for events and get discounts and pay them more.

Yeah I renewed this year, and I think I made a mistake. I not a huge fan of the magazine. It usually has maybe 1 article that I am interested in. While the Events are fun, they are few and hard to attend. Unless I see some huge change, I will not be renewing in 2012. I'll continue to attend the expos, but the discount is not work membership. And I don't need to do the studio tour EVERY year... I feel like D23 wasn't funded enough. What they do is good, but not enough.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Homan View Post
    I feel like D23 wasn't funded enough. What they do is good, but not enough.
    I think this is the perfect statement for D23.

Quote Originally Posted by Homan View Post
    I feel like D23 wasn't funded enough. What they do is good, but not enough.
    would you be willing to pay more for membership or events? Or would you expect the company to foot the bill. Just curious.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

I enjoy the magazines and I renewed to be able to attend the Expo this year, looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeychick62 View Post
    would you be willing to pay more for membership or events? Or would you expect the company to foot the bill. Just curious.
    Honestly, the membership price increase wouldn't help enough with the funding. It needs a larger install base. I would say it needs both. It requires Disney to take a risk (BIG RISK) and loose money on the program for a while and offer something grand. And hopefully the award will be such a big install base, that the same of merchandise, membership, and events would make them significantly more profit.

What they have now is a good small project with what I am assuming is not a super success.