• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

D23 Member Mixer 2/13 - Cars and Stars event 2/14 - New York City

D23 is holding their very first member mixer in NYC on Sunday the 13th of February at the fancy new flagship Disney Store in Times Square.

Then they'll be holding a Cars & Stars event on the 14th

NYC Member Mixer Event Info
    Guests will gather in the 150-square foot Disney Store Theatre area of the Times Square Disney Store, which boasts a two-story Disney Princess Castle with "talking" Magic Mirror, Disney·Pixar Cars-branded Ridemakerz custom car building experience and exclusive New York-themed Disney merchandise found nowhere else in the world. Each D23 Member attending will also receive a few goodies from Disney Store and D23.

To reserve a spot, please email us at [email protected]. The subject line should be "Times Square Member Mixer," and the email should include the Member's full name, membership number and number of guests attending (including the member, up to four people). Also, please let us know if you have been to the Times Square Disney Store before. A reservation is not required but is preferred so we are able to accommodate everyone who wishes to join us. D23: The Official Disney Fan Club
    Cars & Stars Event Info
    Gentlemen (and ladies), start your engines! Our friends at Disney Consumer Products are inviting members of D23 to a very special event and presentation celebrating the upcoming Disney·Pixar film Cars 2 during Toy Fair in New York City.

Inside Pier 60 of the infamous Chelsea Piers, D23 Members will be treated to a panel discussion with film talent and one-of-a-kind reveals.

Members will also get an exclusive first look at the exciting new line of Cars 2 toys coming out this summer. Following the panel, guests can enjoy refreshments and can take advantage of some ka-chow photo opportunities at the totally tricked out reception themed to the numerous international destinations highlighted in the movie with culinary offerings themed to each exotic locale. All guests will also receive a special keepsake Cars 2 gift!

Cars 2 sees Lightning McQueen take off on a high-speed adventure in the World Grand Prix, along with his pal Mater, who inadvertently finds himself mixed up in an international spy ring! All your favorite Cars characters are back for this exhilarating adventure around the world.

See you at the finish line! http://d23.disney.go.com/expo/021411...rkToyFair.html
    Last edited by Dustysage; 02-03-2011 at 03:30 PM.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: D23 Member Mixer 2/13 - Cars and Stars event 2/14 - New York City

We can't make the Toy Fair event due to scheduling conflicts (as much as I want to go!) but we're definitely going to try and make the Mixer. Thanks for the heads up!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

I'm definitely going to the Member Mixer on 2/13....not so much the Cars event on 2/14.

I don't think the Cars event tickets are selling well...between being a Monday, a semi-holiday and at Chelsea Piers...I know I can't go.

But definitely looking forward to the Member Mixer!!!!

I bought two tickets for the Cars event but not 100% sure we will be able to make it. Wouldn't be able to make it to the mixer, if we are able to get to NY we won't be arriving till Sunday evening.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Confirmed for the mixer

We would most likely go to the Cars event *coughsickdaycough* but its my last week of work so I can't in good conscience lol And it's a lot of train ticket $$$. Hopefully someone from here will go and post a trip report!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Dang! Was hoping to come over here and hear about the Cars 2 event.

By the time I learned about the mixer tickets were already gone but I did have one for the Cars 2 event at the Toy Fair.

A prior obligation that I wasn't able to reschedule prevented me from attending though. Disappointing because I was very much looking forward to it.

I'm so glad that D23 appears to be hosting more events in New York. They've been a long time coming and these two sounded like some good interesting fun.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RonNYC View Post
    Dang! Was hoping to come over here and hear about the Cars 2 event.

By the time I learned about the mixer tickets were already gone but I did have one for the Cars 2 event at the Toy Fair.

A prior obligation that I wasn't able to reschedule prevented me from attending though. Disappointing because I was very much looking forward to it.

I'm so glad that D23 appears to be hosting more events in New York. They've been a long time coming and these two sounded like some good interesting fun.
    Ron, we went to the mixer event on Saturday. The main focus of the event was a trivia contest. One was hosted by the Disney Store CMs with no prizes (we used the screen in the princess theater; the trivia contest was a standard app for the store so it was pretty easy.) After, Becky Cline from the archives and Laura Sanchez from D23 had another trivia contest from the D23 staff that included prizes. Afterwards, there was some time to talk to each of them and mingle with other D23 members and browse the store. We spoke to Becky, who was very gracious and expressed our desire for more D23 NY events, including panels, etc. When we left, we were given A Disney Store keychain and magent, as well as a set of reproduction vintage post cards from Destination D. Overall, a pleasant enough event.

We didn't get to the event today because our schedules unfortunately didn't allow it.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Kinda bummed that I didn't get to go to the Cars event today. I bought two tickets (the event was "free" but they charged $5 ticket processing fee per person. not really sure why, since there was no actual ticket )but unfortuantly getting to NY just ended up being too far out of my budget. Even if I took the least expensive way by bus the first bus out of boston arrived in NY after the event started

I went to the Member Mixer and it was a nice event. For the most part, I stuck with group I came with...I didn't "mix" so much. lol

There was 2 trivia events...cute, fun but hard to hear. The store is a little small, so the "theater" they have is miniscule as well.

I was able to say hello again to the two D23 staffers - Becky and Laura. I have met both of them before, so it was nice to say hello again. They did listen attentively and were gracious (aka "on stage" LOL!).

They did mention they are trying to plan more northeast D23 events and mayhap, even a Destination D-y type event in the NY state-Boston-DC area.

We did leave with a keychain, nice heavy magnet and the 23 pack of vintage Disneyland postcards.

Afterwards, my group went to have a nice lunch at Brooklyn Diner around the corner. Then, it was time to ehad homeward!

• space ranger

I had a wonderful time at the mixer and Cars events!! We flew in from LA and it seemed like a few others did as well. Someone at the Cars event recognized me from the Walt Disney Studios Tour with Jeffrey so that was a pleasant surprise! The Cars toys look really good, especially the one that runs up the wall.

If anyone here went to the Cars and Stars event, I am trying to get a hold of the gift that was given away, the Lightning McQueen die-cast car. My contact info is in my profile.

Thank you!
    Last edited by PistonCupChampion; 02-18-2011 at 12:59 PM.

I participated in the trivia contest (question, "What theater did Mickey Mouse debut in?") and won a D23 1st Anniversary pin.
    I also spoke to Becky and bought some merchandise, including recieving the Vintage Disneyland postcard set from "Destination D: Disneyland '55".
    That was my first D23 event and I enjoyed it very much! Can't wait for the expo.