• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

D23 Bambi Screening in Chicago - 2/21/2011

D23 has been on a roll this week, announcing events outside of California and Florida. Folks in Chicago will be thrilled to hear that Bambi will be screened at the Museum of Contemporary Art, followed by a pannel discussion hosted by Jeffrey Epstein (the Disney Geek) with legendary Disney animator, Andreas Deja.

Our friends at Walt Disney Studios are offering D23 Members the opportunity to experience a special screening event of Disney's beloved classic Bambi to celebrate the film's Diamond Edition release.

Based on Felix Salten's book, the Academy Award®-nominated Bambi was released in theaters in August of 1942. The animation process on the film was meticulous, as Walt would encourage his talented animators to truly capture the movements and characteristics of the woodland creatures portrayed in the movie. And Walt was thrilled with the result. "Fellas, this stuff is pure gold," Walt told his team. And audiences for nearly 70 years have agreed.

After the screening, D23's Disney Geek Jeffrey Epstein will host a panel discussion and audience Q&A with legendary Disney animator Andreas Deja (Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Lion King) and Donnie Dunagan, the original voice of young Bambi! Following the presentation, Andreas and Donnie will be available for meet and greets, and each guest will receive a special Bambi keepsake for signing! D23: The Official Disney Fan Club
    Nice to see events like this being spread around the country!

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: D23 Bambi Screening in Chicago - 2/21/2011

Very awesome!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

I just sent in my email for this. I was looking for a link, because that's what it had said, so I didn't notice when it changed below to give instructions for an email. So hopefully that won't be a factor. It was still before the time, though, and when I sent it it had just turned to noon, Central.

They didn't get my email for some reason, so I had to write them over the weekend and then today I got my confirmation, so I'll be at Bambi. Apparently they have more seats in the theater than they thought they would have, so everyone can bring up to 3 guests. So if you want to go there should be plenty of room.