Question Going to my first D23 tour of Walt Disney's Studios. Quick question, can anyone help?

Just a quick question, I was hoping someone might be able to help me out with. My D23 card is kinda faded/worn from being in my wallet. The scan bar on the back of the card is kinda worn. Do they need to scan it at all, or just see it?

If anyone has been to this D23 special tour, please let me know. Thanks!
    [SIZE="4"]Save the Disneyland Hotel Waterfalls

• Just another Disney fan..

Re: Going to my first D23 tour of Walt Disney's Studios. Quick question, can anyone h

I wouldn't worry about it being worn out. If you can make out your name on it, that's all they will look at. They don't scan it.

I've had the same problem with my card. Hopefully they've corrected the issue with the info rubbing off.

I put a piece of clear tape over it so it would stop rubbing off. I'll do the same this year if they haven't fixed the printing process.

• I'm wishing

Re: Going to my first D23 tour of Walt Disney's Studios. Quick question, can anyone h

In my experiences, they barely look at the card, so you shouldn't have any problems!

I also got in for the Studio Tour for the 1st time!! I'm on the 12:30pm tour...anyone else??

Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it being worn out. If you can make out your name on it, that's all they will look at. They don't scan it.

I've had the same problem with my card. Hopefully they've corrected the issue with the info rubbing off.

I put a piece of clear tape over it so it would stop rubbing off. I'll do the same this year if they haven't fixed the printing process.
    Thanks so much for the info, Roger 55! Appreciate the reply.

Oh my flippin' gosh. It was like a scene in which millions of eBay'ers were bidding on a lock of Elvis' hair for huge amount. I raced home after work, to make sure I could reserve my spot as 4 of the 8 time slots had already been sold out within an hour of opening. I was panicking, as a 5th slot was filled. I'm like "oh my gosh, oh my gosh..." as I feverishly filled in my payment information on the 1:30 slot, and narrowly got the last 4 tickets. I refreshed the page after my order, and I was the last 4 tickets of that time slot. I almost died of stress, haha.

Anyways, anyone else going to the 1:30 tour?, it'd be nice to meet some other D23 members, especially since I didn't get in the Member Mixer at Disneyland *sigh*

EDIT:
    It's 11:42 and there's only one time slot left, haha...the 9:00am slot which I guess nobody wants to go to. I'm sure it'll be filled in the next few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieMouse View Post
    In my experiences, they barely look at the card, so you shouldn't have any problems!

I also got in for the Studio Tour for the 1st time!! I'm on the 12:30pm tour...anyone else??
    JulieMouse, I am on the 12:30 tour that day as well! Too funny. I'll be there with my mom. Thanks for the helpful reply, too!

• Refugee from a island

Ditto the other two responses: When I took my daughter on the tour last August, I don't remember them doing much else than a quick glance at my D23 Card. As long as your name is on the list, and you have the card and a picture ID with you, you'll be fine.

Have a blast, it is a great tour!

Quote Originally Posted by ozmacity View Post
    Oh my flippin' gosh. It was like a scene in which millions of eBay'ers were bidding on a lock of Elvis' hair for huge amount. I raced home after work, to make sure I could reserve my spot as 4 of the 8 time slots had already been sold out within an hour of opening. I was panicking, as a 5th slot was filled. I'm like "oh my gosh, oh my gosh..." as I feverishly filled in my payment information on the 1:30 slot, and narrowly got the last 4 tickets. I refreshed the page after my order, and I was the last 4 tickets of that time slot. I almost died of stress, haha.

Anyways, anyone else going to the 1:30 tour?, it'd be nice to meet some other D23 members, especially since I didn't get in the Member Mixer at Disneyland *sigh*

EDIT:
    It's 11:42 and there's only one time slot left, haha...the 9:00am slot which I guess nobody wants to go to. I'm sure it'll be filled in the next few minutes.
    Oh I know. I was kinda nervous it would get booked before I got a time. So glad you got in. Have a blast, Ozmacity!

Quote Originally Posted by Second Star View Post
    Ditto the other two responses: When I took my daughter on the tour last August, I don't remember them doing much else than a quick glance at my D23 Card. As long as your name is on the list, and you have the card and a picture ID with you, you'll be fine.

Have a blast, it is a great tour!
    Thanks so much, Second star! My mom and i will have a great time, I'm sure. And we just watched Waking Sleeping Beauty, so it will be that much cooler to see the historical, magical, awesome place.

My experience with the cards has been similar to the other posts.

That being said, why does Disney insist on me having the most updated version of Flash to view the D23 site!!?!?! It was fine a few days ago. That means no access for me, because I have an iPhone. And no registration for the Archives tour. Arrrgh!!! So angry!!

Ok, just had to vent. Now back to your regularly scheduled programing...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySarah View Post
    My experience with the cards has been similar to the other posts.

That being said, why does Disney insist on me having the most updated version of Flash to view the D23 site!!?!?! It was fine a few days ago. That means no access for me, because I have an iPhone. And no registration for the Archives tour. Arrrgh!!! So angry!!

Ok, just had to vent. Now back to your regularly scheduled programing...
    Oh that really bites, sorry DisneySarah. I hate that we can't get on to Disney's site via our
    iPhones. Hope you get to go to the next one. Have a good day.

So far this is which of us are at different time slots:

12:30 - JulieMouse, casey-eo

1:30 - ozmacity

Feel free to add to this list. It'd be interesting to see who's going, and at what time.

I was on the waiting list for the 2pm tour. Got an email saying I'm off the waiting list and to fax in my cc info. I did that, but never heard anything back nor was my cc charged. Should I be concerned that maybe they didn't get my fax? How do I contact D23 to confirm that I'm set for the tour?