How to work for D23

I was just wondering how the current D23 team members got their jobs. Were they already working for Disney in some other fashion, or was there an application somewhere. I'd love to quit my job and work for D23, haha. Anyone have information on this?
    Caleb

"Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning."

"Adventure is out there!"

22 times to Disneyland in one year, personal record.

(Save the Disneyland Hotel Waterfalls too!)

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: How to work for D23

The studio has a long tradition of pulling from within the existing ranks for part-time or special events projects such as D23, their advance screenings and premieres.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Just another Disney fan..

This is my understanding...

D23 core team members all have regular positions within TWDC. I'm not positive, but I think the core team's regular positions are within corporate communications under Steven Clark. The archives does fall under Steven.

The core team does all the planning associated with D23 activities, and works with the other Disney divisions (e.g. Disney Parks, Walt Disney Studios, Walt Disney Imagineering, Disney Stores, Disney Theatrical, Consumer Products, etc) depending on the activity. If additional help is needed for any particular D23 activity, people are recruited temporarily from whatever division the activity is associated with.

I don't believe anyone on the D23 core team work 100% just on D23. I think they all have other duties.

If someone has more knowledge on this subject, please correct anything I have stated that is wrong.

• Not a Minion

A few months ago, I noticed a few openings with D23. As far as learning whether or not the staff has worked with Disney before working for D23, I'm sure you can find out more by googling their names or searching for them on LinkedIn (or other social media types of sites).

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    A few months ago, I noticed a few openings with D23. As far as learning whether or not the staff has worked with Disney before working for D23, I'm sure you can find out more by googling their names or searching for them on LinkedIn (or other social media types of sites).
    i belive jeffey the disney geeck has in the parks befroe jeffery has alredy been with disney before he go hird
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr