• Just another Disney fan..

Question Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th event Increases Capacity(?)

D23 today announced that due to popular demand, they have increased capacity for the Destination D: WDW 40th and are allowing members to sign up to 3 non-members for the event.

How do you all interpret this? For Disneyland's Destination D, didn't it sell out pretty quickly? If the WDW event did the same and they looked for ways to increase capacity, wouldn't that be the order of events? I've been watching, and Destination D has never said "Tickets No Longer Available".

I'm guessing for some reason unknow to me, Destination D at WDW is just not selling as well as hoped, so opening it up to more non-member guests is a way to fill up the original capacity.

I hope that D23 members in FL and their potential guest do decide to go if they haven't signed up already. I can tell you all the Destination D at DLR was a blast, and I can't wait for Destination D WDW.

Re: Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th event Increases Capacity(?)

Here's my take on this. I'm in NY, so jetting around to every D23 event is not realistic for me. In August, I made the commitment to the D23 Expo and bought one of the $500 Premiere passes. D23 had said that Destination D was going to be the alternate year event when there was no D23 Expo. So I figured and budgeted for the Expo. To spring a WDW version in the same year as Expo, while no doubt an interesting agenda, is not enough for me to spend more money. I'm already taking a WDW family trip in July and the Expo in August, so there's just no room in my vacation schedule and budget for another event. I would bet that many folks who committed to the Expo are probably thinking in a similar manner.

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by dizryan View Post
    I would bet that many folks who committed to the Expo are probably thinking in a similar manner.
    Sorry you can't make it.

So are you saying that you believe like I do that sales aren't what they expected? Or is it really possible that demand was so high they added capacity. That is what I'm trying to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post
    So are you saying that you believe like I do that sales aren't what they expected? Or is it really possible that demand was so high they added capacity. That is what I'm trying to figure out.
    I would agree with your assessment that sales were slow, and that they feel by allowing larger groups, more members will bite.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post
    D23 today announced that due to popular demand, they have increased capacity for the Destination D: WDW 40th and are allowing members to sign up to 3 non-members for the event.

How do you all interpret this? For Disneyland's Destination D, didn't it sell out pretty quickly? If the WDW event did the same and they looked for ways to increase capacity, wouldn't that be the order of events? I've been watching, and Destination D has never said "Tickets No Longer Available".

I'm guessing for some reason unknow to me, Destination D at WDW is just not selling as well as hoped, so opening it up to more non-member guests is a way to fill up the original capacity.

I hope that D23 members in FL and their potential guest do decide to go if they haven't signed up already. I can tell you all the Destination D at DLR was a blast, and I can't wait for Destination D WDW.
    The first Destination D at Disneyland actually didn't sell out until just a couple of weeks before the event. So I doubt that Disney is very worried about the speed of ticket sales (from what I've heard, they have sold enough tickets not to be worried at all). But, now that all of the early folks who were really worried about getting tickets have gotten them, D23 is free to open up the ticket sales to accommodate larger groups. Unlike Disneyland where folks just drive down for the day from LA and Orange County for events like this, Florida is more of a destination. Folks tend to travel to WDW as a family and that put a lot of pressure on D23 to allow whole families to attend this event.

I think what they are doing is a good thing, and if it helps them sell the event out a little quicker then good for them.

I would suggest that if anyone is planning to attend and has not yet purchased a ticket that they do so as soon as possible . . . just in case.

I wish I could attend this event, but that is not in the cards. We are looking forward to hearing your reviews of the event.

Cheers,

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post

I wish I could attend this event, but that is not in the cards. We are looking forward to hearing your reviews of the event.
    There are more pressing events that weekend on the West Coast?

I'm interested in reading reviews too, as I opted for the Rally instead of Destination D. But, with a baby coming soon, I'm not sure how realistic any of these events will be for us for a few years.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!