Blog Entries

D23 Expo Hotels?

Just wondered where everyone was planning to stay for the expo. I am looking at possibly Candy Cane Inn.

Re: D23 Expo Hotels?

Quote Originally Posted by nursemelis374 View Post
    Just wondered where everyone was planning to stay for the expo. I am looking at possibly Candy Cane Inn.
    I always just Priceline-it-up...use the Name Your Own Price option and get a 4-star for $50. 'tis nice.
    Caleb

"Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning."

"Adventure is out there!"

22 times to Disneyland in one year, personal record.

(Save the Disneyland Hotel Waterfalls too!)

• Refugee from a island

Anabella is on the corner of Katella and Disneyland Dr. Nice hotel, we've stayed there before, and it's right around the corner from the Convention center, and its only about a 1/2 mile from DTD. That's where we'll be staying. If I remember Candy Cane Inn is a fairly short walk to the Convention Center and the same for the DLR Transportation Center. And, I've heard some pretty good reviews for CCI.

We're stayiing at the Jolly Roger during the conventionthen over to VGC for some time after. We stayed there last time and it ws very convenient, OK hotel, good price.

• Disney Trivia God

I booked at the Desert Palms Hotel, across the street from the convention center on Katella. They had a 4th night free promotion when I booked (January), but I'm not sure if that's still valid now. The hotel offers free guest parking and continental breakfast, if that's your thing, too.

I'm staying at DESERT PALMS Hotel & Resort.
    It's way cheaper than Disneyland resort hotels and it's very close to the convention center and the Disneyland Resort (which I'm also going to).

I booked the Paradise Pier Hotel on a AAA rate. It's not bad to walk, and the three Disney hotels will have buses running to the convention center.

Blog Entries

I went ahead and booked the Candy Cane Inn. We have stayed there quite a few times and I liked it better than the other ones we have tried. Thanks for everyone's advice though!

• D23 Lover!

Just wanted to let everyone know that sometimes calling the hotel can lead to better rates than looking online.

We stayed at the Jolly Roger last year and LOVED it -- It was a block away and a good price ($76) but this year when we looked online it was anywhere from $120-$150 a night (depending on what site you looked at).

However, we called them to see if they could give us a better rate. Apparently they have a promo rate of $69 a night plus taxes.

So yeah! Never hurts to ask!

• Refugee from a island

Quote Originally Posted by *Arielle* View Post
    Just wanted to let everyone know that sometimes calling the hotel can lead to better rates than looking online.

We stayed at the Jolly Roger last year and LOVED it -- It was a block away and a good price ($76) but this year when we looked online it was anywhere from $120-$150 a night (depending on what site you looked at).

However, we called them to see if they could give us a better rate. Apparently they have a promo rate of $69 a night plus taxes.

So yeah! Never hurts to ask!
    Yup, and check to see if the hotel was it's own website and go directly to that site, I have found that booking hotels through the DLR Good Neighbor site is also higher than good directly to the hotels website.