Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Rocketeer 20th Anniversary Celebration!

D23's Rocketeer 20th Anniversary Celebration

Event Information

DATES
    June 21, 2011

El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood and the Hollywood Museum

REGISTRATION
    Check In begins at 6:45 p.m. at the El Capitan Theatre, 6838 Hollywood Blvd ; Event begins at 7:30 p.m. Exhibit follows screening from 9:45 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.at the Hollywood Museum located at 1660 N Highland Ave.

TICKETS
    Available Monday, May 2, 2011 at 10 a.m. PST for D23 Members. Tickets will be available to the general public beginning May 23, 2011. Check back here for specific ticket information.

COST
    $50 per person

it's time to grab your helmet and prepare to take flight once again! D23 is celebrating the 20th anniversary of the rocketeer with an unprecedented reunion of the film's notables, film screening and an exhibit to honor the movie, which sent audiences sky-high two decades ago.

Now to honor the film 20 years later d23 is inviting faithful fans of the film to return to the historic el capitan for a one-night-only experience. To start the night, film director and writer kevin smith will host a panel of cast and crew members from the film. Following the reunion panel, fans will be treated to the beloved out-of-this-world adventure on the big screen. After the movie, guests are invited to tour the hollywood museum — located in the historic max factor building — and explore the museum's four floors of exhibits as well as a special presentation of props and costumes from the rocketeer, curated exclusively for this night only by the walt disney archives.

On june 21, 1991, hollywood's landmark art deco el capitan theatre — restored to its original glamour — opened its gilded doors for the rocketeer, transporting audiences to a golden age of style, glamour and, of course, sleek jet packs. Stunt pilot cliff secord (billy campbell) discovers a stolen rocket pack and sets off on a series of heroic (and sometimes hilarious) adventures that attract the attention of howard hughes (lost's terry o'quinn), the fbi, gangsters, a band of nazis and one aspiring actress, namely cliff's girlfriend jenny (jennifer connolly). The rest is now cinematic history.

D23 members have the chance to purchase their tickets three weeks before the general public, and members will have the advantage of being able to reserve their own seats. D23 members and the guests they purchase tickets for will also receive a special commemorative rocketeer gift.

The general public will be able to purchase remaining general admission tickets on may 23rd. All guests are invited to attend the special rocketeer exhibit following the film, where there will also be exclusive, limited-edition rocketeer collectibles available for purchase from d23 and creature features.

It's time to suit up and take to the skies once more. There's never been a better time to look like a hood ornament!

Note: Available only to d23 members in good standing. Members may reserve a ticket for themselves and three (3) guests. The hollywood museum is one block from the el capitan theatre; transporation between the two venues will not be provided. D23 members will be required to provide their membership number when reserving tickets. Tickets are limited for this event. Food will be available for purchase at the el capitan theatre. Because of the museum setting, there will not be food available for purchase at the hollywood museum. Tickets may be picked up only with a valid photo id and d23 membership card. D23 members who do not bring their membership card may not be admitted to the event. Ticketed members who do not attend the event forfeit their place as well as all experiences, benefits, and gifts associated with the event. If you wish to request for sign language interpreting services for this event, please submit your request to [email protected] at least two weeks prior to the event date. All d23 special events are subject to change without notice. There are no cancelations or refunds, tickets are not transferrable.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________

I don't know about you, but I'm extremely excited about this, if not for anything else but for the panel discussion alone.
    Last edited by ozmacity; 05-03-2011 at 07:45 AM.
    Caleb

"Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning."

"Adventure is out there!"

22 times to Disneyland in one year, personal record.

(Save the Disneyland Hotel Waterfalls too!)

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Rocketeer 20th Anniversary Celebration!

Thank you Ozmacity! I have such fond memories of Rocketeer. The visual design is stunning.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Thank you Ozmacity! I have such fond memories of Rocketeer. The visual design is stunning.
    You're welcome. I am so excited, I hope my wife'll share my enthusiasm for it, so we can go, ha.
    Caleb

"Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning."

"Adventure is out there!"

22 times to Disneyland in one year, personal record.

(Save the Disneyland Hotel Waterfalls too!)

• Disneyland PAP

I'm from Santa Maria where they filmed all the airfield scenes. And just last month I finally made the time to check out what was left from the production. There's a Museum of Flight there, and the building itself is the Bigelow buiilding that was built for the film. I didn't actually go into the museum, but I'll have to make time during another visit to my folks'. They have a website with a page that talks about it here.

All that said, I'm definitely planning to go and like was said about it in MiceChat Movies thread, I hope this means the Blu-ray is finally coming out soon!!!!

I wonder if there will be autograph opportunities for that night? I also wonder what the special merchandise will be. I loved this movie.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Anyone able to get tickets? The ticket info hasn't changed for me.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Honorary Disneylander

Same here. If anyone gets the info, let us know!
    -- mmouse

Yeah, what gives? It's 10:42, the site's teaser says "Tickets available now" but there's no link to click.

• MiceChat Moderator

I renewed for this! And I can't get tickets! WHAT GIVES IS RIGHT.

You have to call the El Capitan's biz office directly: 818-845-3110. I happen to have the number and called on a whim. I was just able to buy my tickets on the phone by giving my D23 number. There are still tons of great seats available because D23 hasn't told anyone how to buy yet.

Edit: OK, now I see on Twitter that D23 is having technical problems....
    Last edited by lurkyloo; 05-02-2011 at 10:10 AM.

• MiceChat Moderator

I just called and bought a pair!

... of tickets. Get your minds out of the gutter!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Hey does anyone think that Billy Campbell and Jennifer Connolly will appear at this event together?
    They were a couple for a few years and even engaged at some point as I recall. Now she's expecting her third child back home in NYC with husband actor Paul Bettany and he's killing it on AMC's 'The Killing'.

Anyway if you've never had the chance to visit the Max Factor building you're in for a true Hollywood treat, let alone seeing 'The Rocketeer' on the big screen again!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Disneyland PAP

Went to my local comic shop and picked up a new Rocketeer comic book published by IDW. Found this press release about it. It's okay, four vignette stories by well-known comic book creators. Definitely paying homage to Dave Stevens and his creation rather than create all-out new adventures. Here are other, more high end Rocketeer books they've published recently. It's timely, considering we're going to see the film at the El Cap.

Speaking of which, I'm going thru my collection trying to figure out what I can bring in case I can score chances for getting autographs. My Rocketeer Movie Storybook seems the best bet, and maybe my (really poor, really needs to be upgraded to Blu-ray already) DVD of the film.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    Speaking of which, I'm going thru my collection trying to figure out what I can bring in case I can score chances for getting autographs. My Rocketeer Movie Storybook seems the best bet, and maybe my (really poor, really needs to be upgraded to Blu-ray already) DVD of the film.

If it's a red book, I have the very same and that's what I was bringing too.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

D23 just released a statement about this event:

STAR BILL CAMPBELL, ACCLAIMED MAKEUP ARTIST RICK BAKER, SCREENWRITERS DANNY BILSON & PAUL DE MEO AND MORE JOIN NOTED FILM DIRECTOR & PRODUCER KEVIN SMITH FOR D23’S THE ROCKETEER 20TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION AT HISTORIC EL CAPITAN THEATRE IN HOLLYWOOD JUNE 21, 2011

Members of Disney's official fan club may purchase advance tickets now!
    Tickets go on sale to the general public Monday, May 23, 2011.

BURBANK, CA, May 19, 2011 – In 1991 when The Rocketeer hit theaters, actor Bill
    Campbell effortlessly won fans over with his sincere portrayal of the heroic Cliff Secord. In honor of
    the 20th anniversary of this Disney film favorite, Campbell will participate in a panel discussion hosted
    by writer/producer/director — and self-proclaimed Rocketeer fan — Kevin Smith. The panel will occur
    immediately before an exclusive screening of the film on June 21, 2011 at the legendary El Capitan
    Theatre, where the film premiered two decades ago, transporting audiences to a golden age of thrills,
    glamour and, of course, sleek jet packs. Members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club have an
    opportunity to secure tickets for themselves before seats are sold to the general public. In addition to
    the rocket man himself, the panel will also feature Academy Award®-winning makeup artist Rick Baker (whose other work for Disney includes Enchanted and Captain EO) the two screenwriters responsible for the acclaimed film, Danny Bilson (GoldenEye: Rogue Agent) and Paul De Meo (James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing), and as a special treat, renowned illustrator William Stout (Pan’s Labyrinth, The Muppet Wizard of Oz) will be on hand, representing his friend Dave Stevens, creator of The Rocketeer comics.* Other talent will be announced in the coming weeks.

Following the movie, guests are invited to tour the Hollywood Museum — located in the nearby historic
    Max props and costumes from The Rocketeer, curated exclusively for this event by the Walt Disney Archives.

The Rocketeer follows the adventures of stunt pilot Cliff Secord (Billy Campbell) who discovers a stolen
    rocket pack and sets off on a series of heroic (and sometimes hilarious) adventures that attract the
    attention girlfriend Jenny (Oscar® winner Jennifer Connolly). Directed by Joe Johnston, the film also stars Terry O’Quinn.

Tickets are currently available for D23 Members who have the advantage of being able to reserve their
    own seats. The general public will be able to purchase remaining General Admission tickets on May 23.
    Event ticket cost is $50 per person.

D23 Members and their guests will receive a special commemorative Rocketeer gift. All attendees are
    invited to attend the special Rocketeer exhibit following the film, where there will also be exclusive,
    limited-edition Rocketeer collectibles available for purchase from D23 and event co-sponsor, Creature
    Features.
    More information at D23: The Official Disney Fan Club
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast