Question D23 and Destination D

What is the difference between Destination D and D23? When I google "Destination D" all I get is the D23 website, but they have different events - Destination D has something in Florida this month but the D23 Expo is in CA in August? Help me out, I'm so confused.

• 秘密のヘルツ

Re: D23 and Destination D

The D23 Expo is really big. It's at the Anaheim Convention Center every other year and is basically a Disney Comic Con. I can't speak to every Destination D, but I went to the first one, and that was only in the grand ballroom at the Disneyland Hotel. You sat in the same room all day and there were different presentations one after another.

But at the D23 Expo, there's a convention floor with lots of vendors and a few exhibits (Parks and Resorts), other exhibits upstairs in other big rooms (movie props), and various different rooms have other things, like screenings of movies, and lots and lots of Q&A sessions with Imagineers, filmmakers, artists, etc.

Also, Destination D will vary its location, but so far I think the Disney Expo is going to always be in Anaheim (for the foreseeable future).

Re: D23 and Destination D

Quote Originally Posted by pinksand View Post
    What is the difference between Destination D and D23? When I google "Destination D" all I get is the D23 website, but they have different events - Destination D has something in Florida this month but the D23 Expo is in CA in August? Help me out, I'm so confused.
    To put it simply, D23 is the Fan Club and Destination D is one of the major events put on by them.