Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: D23 Expo Arena Schedule Announced

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    Company also seems to have marginalized much of the "old" Walt film/TV/character library as "D23" branding much in the same way the new Disney Channel did with "Vault Disney" -- yet they have done little to reintroduce these wonderful things to new generations -- beyond memorializing it for those already interested.

I'd like to see a more expansive approach to reselling the Walt Disney classics and exploiting those timeless assets for the future.
    Still waiting for a Vault Disney channel - seems like a no brainer to me!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Interesting line up. No Bob Iger or ABC presentations for this year.

I really hope Parks and Resorts can come up with a better presentation to the last one. Jay was reading from a press release and adding no real in depth or additional information. If Tom Staggs is smart and seeing its unlikely we going to see any important announcements made. Bringing out the lead Imagineers for projects like Cars Land, Buena Vista Street and Fantasyland to discuss in more detail would be good. While I'm sure areas like the DCA expansion will be the topic of main conversation. I really hope Parks like Tokyo and Paris are not left out this time around. And I will be very disapointed if nothing is announced for Shanghai Disneyland.

Interesting to see them combine the live action movies in with Animation this year. Both had seperate presentations last year. Will be very interesting to see which hollywood A listers show up this year. And if it will top Dick Cook's outstanding all star line up from a couple of years a go...

Not really a Marvel Comics fan. I tend to watch the movies only. But I have been informed that Joe Quesada is a great guy. And its well worth attending.

Not sure about everyone else but I plan to skip the Disney Channel stuff.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Will be very interesting to see which hollywood A listers show up this year. And if it will top Dick Cook's outstanding all star line up from a couple of years a go...
    Avengers starts with A...just wait until Robert Downey Jr. takes the stage. And 'The Lone Ranger' and the official announcements Walt Disney Animation Studios should be ready to roll out.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• I also like Stitch!

Quote Originally Posted by mmeleota View Post
    I think the longest we waited in line for arena presentations was 45 minutes - 1 hour. For other smaller presentations however, we waited a couple of hours for some and even then didn't necessarily get in. (this was on the first day of the expo in 2009 before they handed out line cards) We're hoping that some of the other "line up" logistics have been worked out for this year.

However, even though we waited in many lines, we did not feel like we missed out on anything on the show floor. The extra hour in the morning for members was very helpful and helped us explore several pavilions with little to no wait.
    I remember when I went to the World of Color presentation, I almost got in, but they ran out of room, and my mom convinced them to let us in. We ended up sitting in empty reserved seats. Steve is such a cool guy. Not like one of those full big time executives.

• Diva Extrodinaire

Go VERY early. I went 2 hours early for Parks and Resorts and it filled up by 8:45 a.m. Go at least 2 hours early. And be prepared for it to start late. And bring something else to entertain you in line besides your phone, because it will be taken away. And bring a tote bag for the free stuff! :P

So sad I couldn't go this ear, I'm going to be on an Alaskan cruise....

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan5534 View Post
    I remember when I went to the World of Color presentation, I almost got in, but they ran out of room, and my mom convinced them to let us in. We ended up sitting in empty reserved seats. Steve is such a cool guy. Not like one of those full big time executives.
    You lucked out! I was the fifth person in line before they closed it down! I literally went straight from school and got in line maybe 20 minutes before it started.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MTdizzle94 View Post
    Go VERY early. I went 2 hours early for Parks and Resorts and it filled up by 8:45 a.m. Go at least 2 hours early. And be prepared for it to start late. And bring something else to entertain you in line besides your phone, because it will be taken away. And bring a tote bag for the free stuff! :P
    You don't need to go that early! We got there about 30 minutes before the Parks and Resorts presentation and we got in fine. In fact, there were plenty of empty seats around us.

I believe you only need to get to some of the smaller panels/presentation early. For the bigger presentations in the arena, you only need to get there about 45 or a half hour before they start.

• Disney Trivia God

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    You don't need to go that early! We got there about 30 minutes before the Parks and Resorts presentation and we got in fine. In fact, there were plenty of empty seats around us.

I believe you only need to get to some of the smaller panels/presentation early. For the bigger presentations in the arena, you only need to get there about 45 or a half hour before they start.
    Yeah -- you'd be surprised how many people they got into the Arena. Even when the lines looked like they'd stretch from the door to Garden Grove, they still managed to get everyone in. You may not be "front row, dead center", but you'll more than likely get a seat somewhere.

Now, the smaller presentations are a different story. If you're REALLY interested in seeing something that's in one of the small rooms, then plan your day around it. I found it's not something you can wait until the last minute (or even the last 30 minutes) to decide on.

Hopefully they'll make good use of the Arena and some bigger venues for the more popular presentations. An intimate setting is nice, but it's nicer to actually be able to get inside.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Angry Re: D23 Expo Arena Schedule Announced

Hmmm, I am still a little ticked that BatB has not been shown in 3D in the US...(*Am I possibly the only one who remembers that announced at the last D23 Expo, they were going to re-release it in 3D and here IN THE US TOO! Yes, I do know why they didn't do it, but at the very least release the 3D Edition on Blu-Ray 3D!) What are the chances that they are ether going to show Lion King in 3D at the upcoming D23 Expo? or they show it at the Expo and they re-release it Internationally, but instead we get a limited (normal presentation) showing only at The El Captain in Hollywood? Not sound senile, but please at least show LK in 3D everywhere!

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Timekeeper View Post
    What are the chances that they are ether going to show Lion King in 3D at the upcoming D23 Expo?
    They have actually already confirmed that The Lion King will be shown in 3D in the D23 Arena. Here is the schedule:

D23 Expo: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event

It says that the showing will start at 6pm and end at 7:30pm on Saturday, August 20th. Hope that answers your question.

Somewhere beyond the walls of Disneyland in a land far, far away...

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan5534 View Post
    That was one of the presentations we scheduled around...we just had to be there for that one!!! It was probably our favorite presentation (of the small panels/presentations) of the expo! Steve Davison is such an amazingly creative guy with such a cool character. Definitely not like the other suits!!! Hopefully he will be there and have something awesome to speak about!

As far as LK 3D goes, we are looking forward to seeing it at the expo! Plus, when we went to see Cars2 3D, the opening "Circle of Life" sequence was shown. I'm not always a fan of the whole 3D thing, but LK is going to look AMAZING! I believe the release is going to be in November, but I can't be sure.
    Imagination ~ dream a fantastic dream ~ use your imagination

Please visit my store!
    http://www.zazzle.com/carouselofcolor*

My current blog - check it out!
    http://www.thishappyplace.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by mmeleota View Post
    That was one of the presentations we scheduled around...we just had to be there for that one!!! It was probably our favorite presentation (of the small panels/presentations) of the expo! Steve Davison is such an amazingly creative guy with such a cool character. Definitely not like the other suits!!! Hopefully he will be there and have something awesome to speak about!

As far as LK 3D goes, we are looking forward to seeing it at the expo! Plus, when we went to see Cars2 3D, the opening "Circle of Life" sequence was shown. I'm not always a fan of the whole 3D thing, but LK is going to look AMAZING! I believe the release is going to be in November, but I can't be sure.
    Wasn't he just a hoot!? He reminded me of being very Walt-like in how he acted out the whole show..just wonderful.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123