Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Disney Trivia God

Re: D23: Worth it???

Quote Originally Posted by KEBSD View Post
    It is definitely worth it. The last Expo was one of the best days of my life!
    Totally agree. 100%. It's one of those experiences you'll walk away from saying "Wow, I'm glad I went."

• Disneyland PAP

Re: D23 Expo: Worth it???

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    It all depends on what interests you. Is knowing all the latest Disney resort gossip all you're interested in? If that's the case then perhaps it's not worth it.

BUT... if you like geeking out, there'll be plenty of ways to do so at the Expo. Whether D23 delivers something better than the first Expo or not remains to be seen. But if they're at least trying to match the quality, then there's much to do... IF you can stand waiting in long lines to get in that is.

My biggest issues with the first Expo were the small rooms devoted to such AMAZING panels. Hoping that gets remedied this year.

Anyway, here's a few highlights from my photo album that made the experience worth it to me.

Not my photo:
    Just want to point out that Coheteboy's shot of WALL•E is not of a static display, but a life-size interactive one that was most entertaining when he interacted with children. From what I saw, it ranged from "Is it real?" cautiousness to "Cool, be my friend" engagement.

And I agree with Coheteboy that the "geeking out" factor and Ice101's point about being "the first to hear" about some announcements were high points of my experience. Depending on what you want to check out, there were long lines to stand in, especially for Arena events but also other events happening in the upper levels that I totally skipped when I saw those long lines, so that's my only caveat to add to disneylandfan95's comment that you can check out everything in just one day. If you're there just to see displays, the dealers' area and the open exhibits, then absolutely a day's more than enough time.

Plus, there's something kinda cool about being in a building of just Disney fans checking out Disney stuff.

• really is a small world

I am so disappointed I can't make it this year. I will be in Hawaii. Sad again I will with the opening of Aulani
    Welcome to DisneyDose.com. We write about the latest in Disney news, views, and reviews. Come check us out.

We recently spent 3 Epic hours in Disneyland and went to Club 33, had a private elevator in the Haunted Mansion, and rode all of our favorite attractions. Read all about it!

"It is kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

• I also like Stitch!

I met Lucky and got REALLY close to meeting Wall-E. LUCKY!!!!!! I have Lucky's autograph. It is worth it.

Somewhere beyond the walls of Disneyland in a land far, far away...

Is it worth it?
    Where else can you be standing there admiring a Mary Poppins costume and have Richard Sherman come walking up and tell a story about it? (and you get to shake his hand... ) Or be wandering the vendor floor and see Tony Baxter geeking out as much as the rest of us? Or get the chance to personally ask Kevin Rafferty questions about the "newly announced" (back then) Carsland and Radiator Springs Racers?

If none of those things interest you, then no...the expo would not be worth it. But for us, it created memories we will never forget!!! The announcements were only a very small part of the whole expo for us. (although, getting to see Johnny Depp in full Capt. Jack regalia was pretty sweet!) The experiences through the presentations and exhibits were amazing! Where else can you be so close to Disney Legends and also learn about what goes into creating the magic that we all love!
    Imagination ~ dream a fantastic dream ~ use your imagination

Please visit my store!
    http://www.zazzle.com/carouselofcolor*

My current blog - check it out!
    http://www.thishappyplace.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Agreed! The Expo is way more than just announcing attractions.
    Agreed..Agreed!! It was an amazing experience. Not to be missed...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    I didn't go to the last Expo (2009, they are bi-annual so they didn't have one last year ), but I will be there this year. I'm looking forward to checking out the D23 Charter member lounge, and working the MiceChat booth. I'm also looking forward to spending Saturday night, while my pass is blocked, at Trader Sam's. Any thing over and above those things are all gravy.
    am down for tradeing sams my pass is blocked out as well
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

I'm stoked to go! The recent news about the "Caurosel of Projects" sweetens the deal!

I went to this the 1st year, and have to say that the Expo was a blast! We went through the Archieves, enjoyed the Parks and Resorts pavilion, walked the floor, met some new and fun people, enjoyed a small art exhibit, and I even got to go the the "what's coming to the parks" presentation. This expo is like going to Comic-Con, there is a lot to do, and you won't be able to do it all, so decide what you have to see, and just see that.

For us, I want to hit the Archieves again (twice as big as last time), catch the TV and Movie presentation, and try to see Lion King in 3D, since we're only going on Saturday this year. A little aggressive, but I gotta try!

I'm going to NETWORK! Where else can you get so many Disney O'files in one place. I am looking forward to putting faces to names and starting new friendships!

If you want to meet just let me know!

Name:  Picture 048.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  37.3 KB

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Go on day at least...heck I;m going to get to the parks when they open head on a few rides then move to the Expo walk around have some fun and see the Disney Movies presentation and then Lion King after that head back to the parks for some nighttime fun...worth the 40 bucks? Heck yes

• Disneylander

On top of all of the positive reasons people have mentioned for going, I also met some really great people at the last Expo. Our families have become friends. We meet at parks on both coasts. We visit one another at our homes. Disney fans are the best! And we're meeting up again at Expo this year and in today's world, that's pretty cool.

• Future Indy Castmember

I'm planning to go. Would I still be able to buy tickets at the Convention Center? I won't be able to get my ticket online.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• 12 Year Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    I'm planning to go. Would I still be able to buy tickets at the Convention Center? I won't be able to get my ticket online.
    If it's like last year then yes. They have a ticket booth.

^Art by me!
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 7.19.15}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 22

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    Yes! Last year we went on just the Saturday and they have a ticket window and everything. You can choose between a one-day pass or the 3-day pass. The Expo won't sell out because it's still fairly new, so you'll be just fine getting tickets the day of.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast