• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Disney Storytelling Event at D23 Expo includes Scavenger Hunt

More news continues to be released about Disney's upcoming D23 Expo this August. This time around, some of Disney Publishing's biggest stars join up to help kids become better citizens. There will also be a scavenger hunt that will lead participants through the Expo including the chance to win prizes.

Details follow:

DISNEY STORYTELLING EVENT AT THE D23 EXPO IN ANAHEIM
    WILL INCLUDE A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Featuring Disney Publishing Worldwide authors Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson and Disney
    Junior’s “Jake and the Never Land Pirates” star David Arquette

Visitors can also participate in community-building activities at the Corporate Citizenship pavilion.

Burbank, Calif. – July 14, 2011 – A strong commitment to corporate citizenship is as much a
    part of The Walt Disney Company’s heritage as the family entertainment that has delighted and
    captivated audiences for decades. Disney opens a new chapter in that level of commitment
    at the D23 Expo on Friday, August 19, 2011 in the Anaheim Convention Center Main Hall. A
    special announcement will be part of a storytelling event featuring two of America’s best-known
    and most popular writers, Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson, and David Arquette, star of Disney
    Junior's #1 series, "Jake and the Never Land Pirates."

Disney Publishing Worldwide authors Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson have enthralled readers
    since 2004 with their re-imagining of Peter Pan’s adventures, “Peter and the Starcatchers,” the
    best-selling and award-winning prequel trilogy. Visitors are invited to hear from the authors,
    listen to a family reading event led by Disney Junior’s “Jake and the Never Land Pirates” star
    David Arquette, participate in the big announcement and receive a free book.

“By nurturing young readers we help support creativity and imagination, an important part of our
    citizenship mission at Disney,” said Leslie Goodman, Senior Vice President, Disney Corporate
    Citizenship. “We welcome the opportunity to collaborate with Disney Publishing Worldwide to
    bring this special event to the D23 Expo while at the same time encouraging visitors to take part
    in our daily pavilion activities that show how we can all make a lasting, positive change in the
    world.”

At this year’s D23 Disney Corporate Citizenship pavilion, visitors will see how they can take
    action through Disney Friends for Change, an initiative that helps inspire kids and families to
    join together and make a positive impact on their world. Visitors can participate as an “honorary”
    Disney VoluntEAR in a different community service project each day, including preparing
    child comfort kits for kids in need, assembling care packages for military families and planting
    seedlings for the environment.

Visitors can also become “honorary” D23 Green Team members by taking part in a scavenger
    hunt that will lead them through the Expo in a quest to boost their environmental I.Q. Not only
    will they find out what Disney is doing to help protect the planet for future generations, they’ll be
    in the running for prizes and a fun Friends for Change photo as well!
    Tickets to the D23 EXPO are available at D23 Expo: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• 10 Year Annual Passholder

Re: Disney Storytelling Event at D23 Expo includes Scavenger Hunt

It sounds like this event is aimed more toward younger children. It'll be interesting to see how good a turnout this event has.
    On another note, I got really excited when I saw "Scavenger Hunt", but obviously this isn't on the same scale as last year's Great Disney Scavenger Hunt. What do you think the odds are of a Great Disney Scavenger Hunt happening this year?

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 10.13.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 19

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by KEBSD View Post
    What do you think the odds are of a Great Disney Scavenger Hunt happening this year?
    Probably not very good. I believe that the D23 Expo switches off years with the Destination D and Scavenger Hunt events. Destination D and the Scavenger Hunt will probably return next year with the D23 Expo returning in 2013. This is just my guess though.

• 10 Year Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Probably not very good. I believe that the D23 Expo switches off years with the Destination D and Scavenger Hunt events. Destination D and the Scavenger Hunt will probably return next year with the D23 Expo returning in 2013. This is just my guess though.
    Yeah, that's what I reasoned. Thanks!

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 10.13.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 19

To me, it looks like the Storytelling event is separate from the Scavenger Hunt: "Visitors can also become “honorary” D23 Green Team members by taking part in a scavenger hunt that will lead them through the Expo in a quest to boost their environmental I.Q."

Nice to see that Dave Barry will be at the Expo in person this year. I think last time, he appeared via teleconference link.

Also nice to see that there will be events in the "Main Hall." -- Suzanne