• Minion

Walt Disney Studio Tour Trip Report

Hey everyone! Just to let you know, I'm going to break my trip reporting into segments so it's not so gosh dang long. I took a ton of pictures and when I tell stories, I literally tell them to the slightest detail... you'll see. So please enjoy this segment of my trip, more are coming in the next few hours/days. Thanks!

WARNING: I AM THE WORST PHOTOGRAPHER EVER! Please don't judge me! hahaha

I was lucky enough to be able to go on the 9:30 Studio Tour this morning and it was absolutely incredible. It was fascinating to be able to walk through all the places I've read and heard about and feel the history the company has to offer. I still can't get over the fact how great it was.

We live in North Orange County, so we weren't sure how the traffic would be. We ended up leaving our house at 7 to get there by 9. Well there was no traffic at all and we ended up getting to the Studio at 7:45. We had quite a bit of time to kill, so we drove to the main gate of the Studio and took a few pictures.

A few pictures of the main gate:

We then drove back around to the back of the lot and took some pictures of the Roy E. Disney Animation Building through the gate (while we were taking pics, an employee opened the gate to get to work, but I didn't recognize him haha ).

The new Feature Animation Building aka the Hat Building

By that point, it was only 8 and we still had an hour to kill. We drove through Burbank looking for a Starbucks, but to no avail. How is there not a Starbucks with all these huge entertainment headquarters all around? Maybe it was just us...

Well we drove east from the Disney Stuidos and passed the Warner Bros. Studio, NBC, and some record companies we didn't recognize.

A neat building in Warner Bros. Studios:

We then turned around to go back to Disney and drove west instead looking for a Starbucks (we really like our coffee...). We came upon the Pickwick Center (Haunted Mansion fans should know what im talking about )

The Pickwick Center:

Then we hit Flower Street. I got excited and made us drive down Flower to find the Imagineering headquarters. Good thing I knew the address (1401 Flower Street.. duh!) or we would never have recognized it. Imagineering has an extremely non-descript building... what are they hiding . But in all seriousness, it was very very cool to be there!

By this time it was 8:30, so we decided to just go back to the lot and wait there. We got through the security booth and parked in the Zorro parking structure, just inside the Riverside Drive gate. I could have sworn I saw Studio Chairman Rich Ross going into the elevators.... maybe I was just too excited? haha By the way, you have never seen a parking structure until you've seen this one! There was a stained glass window of the Fab 5 at the entrance!

Coolest parking structure ever (1000x better than Sticky and Friends):

We then followed the signs to the check in area by walking through the backlot. I was literally geeking out to the highest sense of the word and knew I was going to embarrass myself on the tour....

Directory just inside the Riverside Gate:

Disney Studio Water Tower:

Hyperion Bungalow where the check-in took place:

More to come!
    Last edited by disneylandfan95; 07-23-2011 at 05:16 PM.

• Minion

Re: Walt Disney Studio Tour Trip Report

who was your tour guide i had the disney geek
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

• Disneylander

Excellent photos so far. What else did you see?

• Tahitian Terrace alum

Great photos so far. I took a few of the same things (I bet we all did!), but I did not get any of the outside gates or the building across the street. It's great you had extra time to get those photos!

Hope you continue your trip report... looking forward to seeing more photos.

---------- Post added 07-26-2011 at 06:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan4ever View Post
    who was your tour guide i had the disney geek
    You mentioned on the other thread that you had the 10:30 tour (same as me). How were you able to get with the Disney Geek (at 10)? Did they let you switch? We got there early and saw them lining up, but just waited 30 min for our tour. I would have loved to have had a tour with Jeffrey (though Rick and Paul were great, too!)

I was there for the 9 tour!

I was there for the 9am tour also!

How did you get a tour of the studio id I may ask? I was under the impression that they didn't offer a studio tour like the WB and other studio's offer.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc View Post
    How did you get a tour of the studio id I may ask? I was under the impression that they didn't offer a studio tour like the WB and other studio's offer.
    You have to be a member of the Disney fan club D23 to get a tour. Our guide said that Disney is the only major movie studio in Hollywoods that doesn't offer tours to the public; you HAVE to be a member of D23.

• Future Imagineer! =D

I was on the 1:30 tour with Jeffrey!
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!