• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Next Issue of Disney Twenty-Three Magazine to Celebrate Disney World at 40

D23 has just issued a press release on their upcoming issue of Disney Twenty-Three Magazine. The issue will feature Disney World's 40th anniversary. Features will include a historic look at the resort plus a peek at what may be yet to come.

The special issue will include:

The Story of How Walt’s Dream Destination Became a Reality

A Rare Glimpse into the Magic Kingdom’s Underground Labyrinth
    A Peek Back at Early Attractions
    Plus an Exhilarating Hint of the Park’s Future

BURBANK, Calif. – July 26, 2011 – The special fall issue of Disney twenty-three magazine, on
    stands August 2, is dedicated entirely to the 40th anniversary of Walt Disney World.

Readers are offered a look at how the resort was created, including revealing details behind the
    mysterious operation to acquire the vast expanse of Florida land needed to build Walt’s “vacation
    kingdom of the world.” With its nostalgic look back at attractions that have vanished but remain in
    the hearts of multiple generations, this commemorative issue also takes readers on an exclusive
    visit to the Magic Kingdom’s underground “city.” Readers are privy to a host of little-known facts that
    contribute to Walt Disney World’s remarkable history and give the Florida theme park its unique
    identity. An illuminating all-encompassing interview with Imagineering dynamo Eric Jacobson rounds
    out the issue, as he tours the Magic Kingdom with Disney twenty-three, pointing out some of his
    park favorites and giving readers a preview of the new, expanded Fantasyland.

In addition to the look back at the excitement leading up to the spectacular opening of the Walt
    Disney World Resort in October 1971, Disney twenty-three’s fall issue includes an intimate, never-
    before-told portrait of Walt’s brother Roy, by his grandson Roy P. Disney. Roy O. was the executive
    responsible for making sure that the park opened on time… and on budget.

And there’s more in the autumn issue of Disney twenty-three:

WE SAY IT’S DISNEY!: Bob Foster played a key role in the acquisition of the land that would
    become Walt Disney World. With Bob’s insights and recollections, Disney archivist Steven
    Vagnini takes us back to the twinkle in Walt’s eye that eventually became a reality.
    REMEMBERING 1971: Disney twenty-three relives the historic events leading up to that
    unforgettable day in October when Walt Disney World welcomed its first guests.
    MAKIN’ MEMORIES: From The ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter to Kitchen Kabaret,
    the Magic Kingdom and Epcot have been home to countless attractions that left guests with
    the warm fuzzies. Here are some of Disney twenty-three’s all-time favorites.
    IN A CLASS BY HERSELF: Readers are welcomed aboard Empress Lilly, the Disney Village
    Marketplace riverboat that served up culinary delights from 1977 to 1995. Readers are even
    given the exclusive secret recipe for the Chicken Crepes Lilly that became so popular on the
    floating attraction.

40 THINGS (YOU JUST MIGHT NOT KNOW!) ABOUT WALT DISNEY WORLD: Even the
    most avid Disney fan might be surprised by the trivia uncovered about Walt Disney World in
    this feature. The parks are filled with vibrant history and little-known gems.
    AND MUCH MORE!

To become a D23 Member, and learn more about membership and the fall issue of Disney twenty-
    three, visit Disney D23.

Beginning August 2, Disney twenty-three is available at select retail locations for $15.95.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Re: Next Issue of Disney Twenty-Three Magazine to Celebrate Disney World at 40

Soooooooo excited

• Surf's Up!

Nice that they are going to celebrate it, at least in print.

Any freebie this issue?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Minion

when should we d23 members reviese thir issue its almost time for me rewnew
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

• Surf's Up!

I'm in the same boat. I would hope that any renewals get the next issue to continue the subscription. I wouldn't be best pleased if they sent me a second copy of the previous issue.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney