• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Premiere Package Question

Has anyone who purchased the D23 Expo Premiere Package recieved an information pack yet?

Disney sent out an e-mail a few weeks back saying everyone who purchased the Premiere Package would recieve a information pack by the end of July.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

• Disney Trivia God

Re: Premiere Package Question

Not yet. I received printed confirmation for my pre-purchases yesterday, but that's all so far.

My mom got her "packet" today and hers was mailed out yesterday. I'm still waiting for mine. XD It's a D23 folder with a D23 Expo fan, the Sorcerer Mickey freebie one, and information about arriving to the event (two pieces of paper's worth).

Here's a little summary: parking is $12 per day at the Anaheim Convention Center. Thursday's early check in time is at 3 PM. Each premiere member will receive a ticket pouch for his or her ticket and premiere credentials upon check in. "Your ticket will be scanned at the front doors of the Expo each morning, and your credential is required at all times for entrance to all exclusive locations."

On the 2nd level is the Sorcerer/Premiere Lounge and Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives Treasure Trove. From 3:30 PM to 8:00 PM the Treasure of the Walt Disney Archives Treasure Trove will be opened for exclusive shopping time for only Premiere (and I'm assuming Sorcerer) members. From 5:30 PM to 9:00 PM there will be exclusive shopping opportunities for Premiere members (and once again assuming Sorcerer members as well) at the D23 Expo Dream Store.

Also on Sunday there will be, what I assume is another Premiere/Sorcerer event, a gathering at the Premiere Lounge, "Expo Fond Farewell", from 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that this will be a low cost champagne and cake mixer with D23 cast members and possible any guests of honor that would like to attend.

The Sorcerer/Premiere Lounge is located on the second floor down the hall from the Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives exhibit and will be opened Friday to Sunday from 9 AM to 7 PM. Light refreshments will be available from 11 AM to 7 PM, cash bar from 12 PM to 7 PM, have an exclusive Archives exhibit, message therapists from 10 AM to 6:30 PM and a concierge desk.

For Arena seating Sorcerer/Premiere members will have a specific door/queue location and are asked to line up 30 minutes prior to the presentation.

Also an unlisted event is mentioned. A D23 Member-only presentation in Stage 28 and Stage 23 that begins at 9:30 AM. No day is listed, but I assume it is Friday and it will act as an "opening ceremonies" panel. Sorcerer and Premiere members have priority seating and can pick their seats at 9 AM. All other D23 members with regular expo memberships will be allowed in at 9:10 AM.

EDIT: I dug out my scanner this morning. Here are the two pages.

http://twitpic.com/5ywnlc
    http://twitpic.com/5ywnu4
    Last edited by artisticdoodle; 07-31-2011 at 08:53 AM.

• Minion

Thanks for posting the details and images. I have yet to recieve anything and because of my International Address I am not sure if D23 will even send me out the Information Pack. Or the risk it may not arrive in time. So I appreciate you sharing the details online. I know I need to pick up credential at Will Call on the 18th of August. So plan to check in to the Expo at the same time. By the way check in time has been changed to 15:30 according to the most recent D23 e-mail that came into my inbox today.

I really appreciate the opportunity to alow Package Members an exclusive chance to shop at the Expo the day before the Event kicks off. The shopping opportunity and of course the reserved seating in the Arena is really going to save time to enjoy everything else on offer.

In regards to the pre purchases do we know yet where we're meant to go in order to pick these goods up. And out of interest did everyone get what there were after on the RSP?

My mom and I have sorcerer tickets and our arrival is 12:30 PM on thursday and we have 2 private events in Disneyland on thursday night. Just an FYI to show you a little bit of the difference.

Two private events? I'm a Sorcerer too, but only saw one event in the park. What did I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Thanks for posting the details and images. I have yet to recieve anything and because of my International Address I am not sure if D23 will even send me out the Information Pack. Or the risk it may not arrive in time. So I appreciate you sharing the details online. I know I need to pick up credential at Will Call on the 18th of August. So plan to check in to the Expo at the same time. By the way check in time has been changed to 15:30 according to the most recent D23 e-mail that came into my inbox today.

I really appreciate the opportunity to alow Package Members an exclusive chance to shop at the Expo the day before the Event kicks off. The shopping opportunity and of course the reserved seating in the Arena is really going to save time to enjoy everything else on offer.

In regards to the pre purchases do we know yet where we're meant to go in order to pick these goods up. And out of interest did everyone get what there were after on the RSP?
    No problem! Let me know if you need anything else. I double checked our envelopes - $1.48 postage coming from area/zip code 91201 (Glendale, CA). Hopefully you'll get it before you depart!

Oddly enough I didn't get an e-mail about the change to 3:30 PM, but my mom did. I don't know if the time has changed for the Treasure Trove shop, but it hasn't for the Dream Store. My mom and I both received e-mails about picking up our items from the Dream Store, located in Hall C. During the early shopping time, 5:30 PM - 9 PM, we can pick up any pre-orders and RSP items there. Just bring a photo ID.

Oh, and I have a feeling that the D23 member only panel that was mentioned will be on Saturday, or the time will be changed. The schedule on the Expo site seems to keep changing everyday! @_@

Quote Originally Posted by n8tivecaligirl View Post
    My mom and I have sorcerer tickets and our arrival is 12:30 PM on thursday and we have 2 private events in Disneyland on thursday night. Just an FYI to show you a little bit of the difference.
    Thanks for posting! Sounds fancy~ I hope it's a private party at the park or perhaps a Club 33 with private Fantasmic viewing. Heck, considering it was a $1,000 ticket... Disney better roll out a red carpet for you guys!

The event at DL is a Golden Horsehoe tribute. We also have at the Convention Center the Archives tour and hardhat tour. Lots of good stuff

So, there is no special event in DL for the Premiere ticketholders?
    Mike L
    Premier Annual Passport
    D23 Charter Member

'09 - D23 Expo, Princess & the Frog preview, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '10 - 1st Anniversary Party, Roy Disney Tribute, Pollyanna screening, Toy Story Marathon, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Dateline Disneyland 1955, Secretariat preview, Destination D, Zorro screening, Tangled preview
    '11 - Love is Magical, 2nd Anniversary Mixer, Absent Minded Professor screening, Destination D, Studio Tour, Sci-Fi Academy, D23 Expo (premier), Babes in Toyland screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '12 - Newsies screening, Journey to Marceline tour, Sister Act screening, Brave preview, Brave artists meet/greet/screening, Treasures Exhibit - Reagan Library preview, Timothy Green premiere, Destination D (diamond), Treasure Island screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '13 - El Capitan Peter Pan Panel & Screening, Disney Video Game Unveiling, Fanniversary, OZ preview, Son of Flubber screening, Summer Magic screening, Tiki Room 50th anniversary, D23 Expo (sorcerer), Sword in the Stone screening, Hocus Pocus screening, Frozen preview, 20,000 Leagues screening
    '14 - Pirate Fairy screening, Rebel Rendezvous, Three Musketeers screening, Mr. Toad screening, Snow White screening, Big Hero 6 preview, Little Mermaid screening, Destination D
    '15 - D23 Expo, Pinocchio screening,

• Disney Trivia God

Quote Originally Posted by btowndude View Post
    So, there is no special event in DL for the Premiere ticketholders?
    Nope.

• Minion

I recieved my information pack on Friday. Don't understand why we couldn't just be e-mailed the details. Seems like a waste of paper and postage.

Still very excited that Premiere Members will be given a chance to visit the Dream Store before anyone else at the Expo. I have already spent $240.00 on pre orders and I havn' event left for the Expo yet.