Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question D23 Expo Dining?

What kind of food options are available at the expo? Table service/ fast food/ food carts? Is there alot of variety? Also, what good restaurants are close to the convention center that you would recommend? Thanks!

• Disney Trivia God

Re: D23 Expo Dining?

The food last time at the Convention Center was mediocre at best. It's not Disney; it's the concessionaire for the Con Center. They had an outdoor BBQ, an indoor cafeteria-style place, and a couple of kiosks - one with ice cream, don't remember what the other one had. There were also many vending machines for soft drinks & junk food.

I ate there once, and from then on went out to find something better.

• Refugee from a island

There are a couple of nicer restaraunts within walking distance of the ACC, and there is a nice little coffee shop - Tiffy's on the corner of Katella and West, next door to the Annabella. I've had a few meals in there, and they are okay.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

It's a good 10 minute walk but the Cheesecake Factory at the Anaheim Garden Walk is a decent but pricey alternative to the Expo food. The food served at the Anaheim Convention Centre is ok for what it is if you enjoy burgers and fries. For myself it's fine because your time is limited at the Expo and leaving to find an alternative food source can really cut into your schedule.

• Dream'n w/Blue Sky

Your time will be very limited at the expo. From my past experience, the food was terrible at the expo but you really have no choice unless you bring your own food.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• I also like Stitch!

I'm not eating at the convention and I'm eatiing at the Blue Bayou on Friday and doing the WoC picnic dinner on Saturday. I'm leaving back for Texas on Sunday so I'll have to eat at the airport.
    I'm splitting my time between the Expo and the parks so yeah.

• Minion

Yeah the Expo food wasn't that great.

The Anaheim GardenWalk is pretty close, as is Downtown Disney. We will probably carve out about a half hour each day to go grab a better lunch.

Somewhere beyond the walls of Disneyland in a land far, far away...

We just grabbed whatever was at the convention center...there was too much to see and do to leave. We had a nice breakfast before and a nice dinner after. There were some "not horrible" sandwiches on the second floor last time and it worked out perfectly to eat while waiting in line for presentations.

Otherwise, the food was definitely not a highlight.
    Imagination ~ dream a fantastic dream ~ use your imagination

Please visit my store!
    http://www.zazzle.com/carouselofcolor*

My current blog - check it out!
    http://www.thishappyplace.wordpress.com

Another option that we used at the last Expo was to duck outside to the Food Court at the Anaheim Hilton. It's right next door (1 min walk from the convention centre) and they have Sbarro, Baja Fresh Express, Just Grillin' and Submarina.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyd78 View Post
    Another option that we used at the last Expo was to duck outside to the Food Court at the Anaheim Hilton. It's right next door (1 min walk from the convention centre) and they have Sbarro, Baja Fresh Express, Just Grillin' and Submarina.
    Great first post! Thanks so much for that information. I never would have known. This is very useful in planning out and mapping our day.

Thanks again!

• I also like Stitch!

also I'm staying about half a mile away from both ACC and Disneyland so my Mom and I (we're going on a weekend trip before I start my first day of high school) are renting a car, driving from the airport to our hotel and walk everywhere else. We would have stayed at the Hilton right next to ACC but I was in Chicago when she bought tickets and the hotel room.

• Minion

on harbor bolbvord thirs ihop minme cafe the red roboen some were in anahaim and panda express on keltla
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

• Disneyland Jr. Reporter

As someone mentioned, they had decent sandwiches and wraps at vending stations on the 2nd floor in '09. That's pretty much what my meals consisted of and the best part is, they were quick and close to the panel lines. However, I'm now on a gluten-free diet so this year is gonna be a little trickier...

• Refugee from a island

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomBlot View Post
    As someone mentioned, they had decent sandwiches and wraps at vending stations on the 2nd floor in '09. That's pretty much what my meals consisted of and the best part is, they were quick and close to the panel lines. However, I'm now on a gluten-free diet so this year is gonna be a little trickier...
    Read this on the Expo website:
    Food and Beverage
    No outside food, beverages or coolers are allowed to be brought into D23 Expo 2011. However, exceptions will be made for attendees with special dietary needs, including food allergies and baby food/formula.
    So it appears to me that you can take food in with you. Good Luck.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Interesting Blog posted detailing the food options that will be available at the D23 Expo.

Dining Options at the 2011 D23 Expo | the disney food blog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast