• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Radiator Springs Reality

I'm going over the D23 Expo schedule and have a slight concern over the venue for the Radiator Springs Reality Presentation. I really feel its to small a venue to be hosting such a Presentation that also promises an apperance from John Lasseter himself. I feel D23 are once again failing to understand its fans and the demand for such a Presentation. I seem to remember at the last Expo a mistake being made in regards to not meeting the demand for Steve Davison's World of Colour Presentation. And several hundreds of fans being turn away. D23 really should consider moving this particular presentation to the Arena.

I am at present already making plans to get in line first thing in the morning to see this Presentation. And I'm fairly disapointed since its likely I'm going to miss the Marvel Presentation inside the Arena. But Radiator Springs Reality is something I do not want to miss and will wait it out. And I feel unfortunately I will not be the only person.

• I also like Stitch!

Re: Radiator Springs Reality

yep I remember the WoC presentation. I was one of the people Steve invited to sit in the front.

• Banned User

You will understand than why its important to the fans that everyone will want to attend this presentation. 750 seats really is not a big number. Especially when its likely 50 seats will be given over to the sorcerer package holders. So thats 700 seats for everyone else out of the thousands who will be showing up on that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    You will understand than why its important to the fans that everyone will want to attend this presentation. 750 seats really is not a big number. Especially when its likely 50 seats will be given over to the sorcerer package holders. So thats 700 seats for everyone else out of the thousands who will be showing up on that day.
    ..and there is a rumor that more like 75 of the Sorcerer tickets were sold. I'm a Sorcerer. We have some hints at how they are going to run this..we are to fill out a day planner with presentations we plan on going to..I don't know if this is required or not, and if that means our seats will be held even after we are supposed to be in the room. We are to be at a presentation in the smaller rooms 10 minutes prior and at the Arena 30 minutes prior. So...there may be last minute seats freed up depending on how they work this, also if a bunch or Sorcerers don't want to atttend a presentation then that would free up those seats also. I can say though, that from what I've seen at the Facebook Sorcerers page, we are the type that will probably all want to to go to the Radiator Springs presentation.

• Banned User

I can say though, that from what I've seen at the Facebook Sorcerers page, we are the type that will probably all want to to go to the Radiator Springs presentation.
    That wouldn't suprise me. And I would think most of the fans in attendance will have a huge interest in this presentation. The main two arena presentations for the Sunday are dedicated to Marvel and Disney Channel. Its very unlikely the hardcore Disney fans will be that interested in either presentation when you have a Cars Land presentation being hosted by John Lasseter. Cars Land is a subject very close to the Expo. And John Lasseter is very much respected by the fans. This is going to be on the top of most people's priority list. I really hope D23 move it to the Arena.

Totally agree...it looks like alot of events to be held in Stage 28 on Sunday haven't been released yet. Steven Clark did an interview with the Dis podcast and mentioned that Pixar would be out in force..and there are no Pixar specific presentations listed as yet, so hopefully those will show up soon. There seems to still be plenty of gaps that could be filled in. Oh..in the Podcast Steven also said that the Black Pearl, Walt's limo and the van from Lost would be on the show floor, not in the Archives room..also..they were looking into relocating one of the Stages to the 3rd floor to increase capacity.
    I agree that Radiator Springs Reality will be a difficult ticket no matter, but a strong couple of presentations against it could ease the lines somewhat.

So this is my first time attending such an event and pretty excited. Was wondering do people attend these presentations to listen to the presenter or do they pass out some merchandise at the end?

Blog Entries

Also, later in the day in that same room there is the Star Tours and vintage Tony Baxter thing. We are regular ticket holders that will probably arrive at the hall by 7 to get in line for Stage 23 and stay there all day if they do not clear the rooms.

Also - I know quite a few people that have bought tickets for Sunday specifically to attend these presentations.

In 2009, they cleared the rooms between each presentation. I have no reason to believe that they will do anything different this year. That means you will probably not have a problem seeeing every other event in the same venue, but will not be able to see every presentation. For most, I think the choice will be between Radiator Springs and Star Tours. -- Suzanne

---------- Post added 08-08-2011 at 03:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kenjidm View Post
    So this is my first time attending such an event and pretty excited. Was wondering do people attend these presentations to listen to the presenter or do they pass out some merchandise at the end?
    In 2009, I woudl say most were there for the presentations. The free "swag" was not that great. I think the exceptions were the scarf at the DCL event, the Star Tours poster, the Science of Imagineering DVD and I think there was something given at the Muppets. I am not much of a collector, so maybe others remember other "parting gifts" that made their day. -- Suzanne