• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

D23 Expo: Marvel Makes Inaugural Appearance

Attention all you Marvel fans out there. Disney has just released information about Marvel's appearance at the D23 Expo. The Arena event sounds like a 101 class, taking visitors through the evolution of Marvel, from its first comic books through to today.

NEW YORK, NY –August 11, 2011 – Marvel is coming to Anaheim this year to make its historic debut at D23, the ultimate Disney fan event, and we’re pulling out all the stops!

On Sunday, August 21, at 10:15 a.m. in the Arena, join us for Marvel: The House of Ideas, an exclusive and unprecedented experience that will take you through the evolution of Marvel from its first comic book in 1939 to its current position as one of the most important creative forces in the world. During this presentation, which will include interactive Q&A segments, you will not only get an inside glimpse of the history of Marvel and its iconic Super Heroes but also discover why Marvel truly is the House of Ideas. This session will be hosted by Joe Quesada, Marvel's Chief Creative Officer and one of the most respected and sought-after writers and artists in the entertainment industry. “We’re thrilled to be a part of the one-of-a-kind show that is Disney’s D23,” said Quesada. “Whether attendees are new to the world of Marvel or longtime fans, they’re going to love what we’ve planned for them!”

Also, be sure not to miss Marvel’s own President of Production Kevin Feige as he joins some of the top names in film on Saturday, August 20 at 10:30 a.m. at the Walt Disney Studios panel to discuss Marvel Studios’ plans for 2012, including the hotly anticipated Marvel’s The Avengers! Tickets to D23 Expo 2011 are available at http://www.D23Expo.com.
    Well, all you comic book fans, was this what you are looking for?
    Last edited by Dustysage; 08-11-2011 at 11:51 AM.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Shablagoo!

Re: D23 Expo: Marvel Makes Inaugural Appearance

I think it is the right step. What I see from most Disney fans is ignorance about Marvel. So having a history lesson would be great. Unfortunately, you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink. My concern is that most Disney fans will avoid it because it is Marvel. It is going to be really interesting to see what happens.

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    I think it is the right step. What I see from most Disney fans is ignorance about Marvel. So having a history lesson would be great.
    Anyone know if Superman, Batman or Wonder Woman will be there?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I think it is the right step. What I see from most Disney fans is ignorance about Marvel. So having a history lesson would be great. Unfortunately, you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink. My concern is that most Disney fans will avoid it because it is Marvel. It is going to be really interesting to see what happens.
    I think it will be pretty well attended. I love Marvel and can't wait to see what they have to share. While I'm not a supporter of Marvel characters in Disneyland, I'm really looking forward to seeing them in the other parks and perhaps their own parks.

Perhaps we'll hear a bit about their plans for the characters in the parks at the expo. But if they announce big plans for Marvel at Disneyland, they should be prepared to hear a very unpleasant reaction from the fans.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

I do hope many Guests go to see Marvel. Great way to introduce them to Disney fans.

Dusty- I am not trying to challenge you by asking this question, but I honestly want to understand your position better. Why are Marvel characters different than Star Wars characters. Obviously, Marvel characters don't belong in many places at Disneyland, but if there was a right spot (Tomorrowland maybe) and done well, would you still be against it. If so, why? I respect your opinion, but want to understand it better.

Thanks

• Banned User

I just want to know when they will start having hulk and ghost rider meet and greets at disneyland

• film975

I shudder at the thought of the likes of Ghost Rider at Disneyland. There's no way that would work.

• Future Imagineer! =D

I'm not even going to deny it, that's me. I'm not a big Marvel fan and I am not happy, maybe it's because of the way I grew up and maybe it's because of my lack of understanding love for those type of characters, I don't know. In fact, I suppose there are tons of other Disney fans like me. I'm just hoping if Marvel is put into the parks it is done right and I'm hoping we don't get an overload of them. I guess we'll have to wait and hear further announcements
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Shablagoo!

BTW, I just want to let people know that I am not in favor of the Marvel characters in DCA, Disneyland, or any of the current Disney theme parks. I want them to get their own parks. I do not want a out of theme attraction placed in Disneyland. I want the Marvel characters to get the respect they deserve.