Thread: Expo Quesion

Expo Quesion

Can somebody clear up the camera policy when and where you can use one?I was also wondering if you can bring in a backpack and snacks/food? Thanks for the help

Re: Expo Quesion

So far only the Walt Disney Archives and the Walt Disney Studios presentation in the Arena are the only places you cannot use a camera. As for the backpack I think you can, not really sure but I am!!!

• Disney Trivia God

I suppose you can bring a backpack, but be prepared to have it searched. Last time they passed out swag bags at the entrance, so if you're just looking for a way to carry around your stuff, you probably won't need a backpack.

On the D23 website there's an explanation of the outside food policy; I wouldn't recommend bringing in a rack of ribs or a 6-foot hoagie, but a few snacks probably won't cause much uproar.

Thanks for the info I will cancel that order on the 6 foot sub but I think i will try and bring a backpack!!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I'm bring a copy of Epic Mickey with me to get signed (in my small backpack) so I hope they let me in...but I really dont think they are that strict

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sceavis View Post
    Can somebody clear up the camera policy when and where you can use one?I was also wondering if you can bring in a backpack and snacks/food? Thanks for the help
    Other people have explained it, but I though I'd give it a go.

No photos are allowed in the Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives exhibit. The exhibit will house some very old and rare pieces that may be affected by camera flash, so a no photography rule has been instated.

Also, there is no photography or recording at the Walt Disney Studios presentation on Saturday in the D23 Arena. As you walk into the Arena, security will be on hand collecting your electronics and storing them for you in plastic bags with specified numbers. When you exit the Arena after the presentation, another line will form for you to pick up your electronics from your bag. The process is pretty slow, but it's effective and your electronics will not be stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I'm bring a copy of Epic Mickey with me to get signed (in my small backpack) so I hope they let me in...but I really dont think they are that strict
    Here's what the D23 Expo site says:

Autograph Signing Policy
    We ask that you bring no personal items to be signed. Artists will only sign event merchandise purchased on the day of the event. Valid D23 Expo 2011 receipt may be required as proof of purchase.
    Hopefully they will be selling Epic Mickey at the Expo. If not, you may be out of luck. Security may also stop you at the doors and have you take the game back to your car. I hope that doesn't happen, but you should be ready to expect it.