• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

D23 Live: Saturday the 20th sold out

Hey folks. We were just notified that tomorrow, Saturday August 20th is sold out.

If you have not purchased your tickets already it is too late.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

iOS

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Re: D23 Live: Saturday the 20th sold out

Fishy, i really want to see the movie presentation tomorrow but i only have general tickets, I have to admit that i thought the general public line was awful and i was first in line and still got bad seats and tomorrow wont even be a sure thing that most generals will get to see the presentation, is it possible i can go to the ticket booth at 7am and purchase a membership, would they give me something to show that i can be in the members line?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries
    I really am not sure about that. I think the only thing that would help you is if you agreed to pay the money for the higher end packages that were offered.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

iOS

So wait, even if I bought general admission tickets and showed up early I would not be able to get into the the 10:30 pannel before D23 members?

Blog Entries

Today the line for the D23 members did not finish entering until after 10 so I don't know how the regular ticket members will fare tomorrow if they want to get into the 1030 presentation. We got in the D23 line at 8:4o and made it through the doors around 9:45 and will be getting there even earlier tomorrow.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by nursemelis374 View Post
    Today the line for the D23 members did not finish entering until after 10 so I don't know how the regular ticket members will fare tomorrow if they want to get into the 1030 presentation. We got in the D23 line at 8:4o and made it through the doors around 9:45 and will be getting there even earlier tomorrow.
    Same here. I think everyone, including Disney, was surprised by the crowd situation this morning. We got in the line at 8:30 and finally made it into the convention center at 10.

Tomorrow, we're getting there around 7:30 so we have a guaranteed spot in the Studios presentation.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Same here. I think everyone, including Disney, was surprised by the crowd situation this morning. We got in the line at 8:30 and finally made it into the convention center at 10.

Tomorrow, we're getting there around 7:30 so we have a guaranteed spot in the Studios presentation.
    wait......if you have tickets do you have to wait in the same line? I have my physical ticket so cant I just walk in?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    wait......if you have tickets do you have to wait in the same line? I have my physical ticket so cant I just walk in?
    No. We ordered our tickets online and received them in the mail in July. We still had to wait over an hour just to get into the Convention Center. For people who purchased tickets the day of, they had to wait well over 90 minutes to get in. It was a bit of a madhouse this morning, but Disney seemed to organize it. I'm suspecting it'll be even worse tomorrow, even if you have the physical ticket.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^ohhh man that sucks....but thanks for the heads up

• I'm wishing

If today wasn't sold out and tomorrow is sold out, I am very worried for tomorrow. I thought today was rough! I got to the Arena 80 minutes before showtime for the Parks and Rec show and barely made it in. I only got to see 3 things today and I was there from 9am until just after 8pm. I never even took 5 minutes to look through the exhibits, the vast majority of my day was waiting in lines.

• Parmageddon Jim

They're running this like one of their badly organized merch events. I was willing to put aside the fact that I didn't get into the Voices of the Parks panel, or the Dick Van Dyke performance because the crowds were too big for the venues, but to not even make an announcement about possibly selling out for tomorrow is infuriating! I would have bought my ticket before leaving had I any idea that the Anaheim Convention Center could actually sell out!

Screw the guest, and, "What's the expiration date on that card, sir?"

(btw, righteous indignation notwithstanding, if anyone has an extra Saturday ticket for sale, PM me. It's my only full day off. )
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

Of course they sold out and making it seemed "hyped up", they are using less space this year compared to last. When you only use half the space as before it's going to seemed packed. Typical marketing trick- same as when stores sell out of merchandise, yet only had 3 items in stock.

Quote from Al's update on 8/16-
    The Anaheim Convention Center is the largest convention center on the West Coast at well over a million square feet, and the D23 Expo will be filling half of it this year, primarily in exhibit halls A and B, and parts of the 2nd and 3rd floor that were used in ’09 won't this time. D23 planners have also pushed the stage forward and scaled the 10,000 seat Anaheim Arena down to 4,000 seats to host the executive keynote addresses.
    Last edited by Wesley815; 08-20-2011 at 08:30 AM.
    -Wes

We need one more too. PM if you have one.

• Not on the Jedi Council

And also they sold tickets to employees of every Disney division for cheap, hence all the people wandering around as "Event Guests." Still, got to meet Jack Lindquist at the Micechat booth, and he signed my badge, got to see Bruce Boxleitner and Cindy Morgan, got into the Buena Vista Street panel, and a nifty airbrushed Pooh for my bro that was free! And I got to meet many Micechat luminaries including DisneyMaxxx, Al, Sue and Indiana Jenn and Dusty, so that was cool too.

Not entirely sure it was $47 worth of fun because of the crowding (made me feel like I was a guest at a Disney Cast Member event, but it was fun.