• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

D23 LIVE: Inside the Disney Studios

The long and short of it...

Scarlett Johansen, Jennifer Garner, Robert Downey Jr., Jason Seagul, Billy Crystal, William Dafoe Kermit and Miss Piggy were among the highlights of celebrity appearances.

The presentation began with a pre-recorded fan-fare and a film montage. Lead by Jack Sparrow the clips bled into Pixar films and the new Marvel movies. Gone was the live orchestra and the lush arrangements that were performed in time with the clips.

The presentation started with Pixar
    John Lassetter swaggerd onto the stage with the formal, black jacket over his trademark hawaiian shirt (a Cars 2 Hawaiian Shirt he added). Lassetter spoke in an enthusiastic, albeit leisurely style that put the audience at home and eager to hear what he had to say.

BRAVE
    We began with an extensive look at Brave, Disney Pixar's later film that is due out June 22 2012.

Monsters University:
    Staring John Goodman and Billy Crystal. Billy Crystal made an appearance

Planes
    Planes wil be an extension of the world of Cars. Planes lead, single prop airplane will be voiced by John Cryer.

New Pixar Film - An Unnamed film about Dinosaurs with the premise of, "what if a meteor DIDN't crash into Earth and kill the dinosaurs?"

New Pixar Film - and another untitled project that takes place where we have all beeb but none have ever seen. Inside your mind.

Walt Disney Studios

John Carter
    Andrew Stanton shared three interesting clips and brought out the stars from John Carter.
    MORE TO COME

Frankenweenie - Tim Burton revisits his original, live-action short film with a full length animated feature. The first stop-motion, 3D, Black and white film. Don Hahn and his co producer, in trying to sell the idea of a black and white film, insisted that Black and white will appeal to younger audiences because, and I'm not making this up, "It's fresh and new" Well, It will be interesting to see them sell Black and white as fresh and new to the young ones and nostalgic to the older audiences. Wouldn't it be great if a film were judges on its merit, rather than the visual conveyance of 3D, black and white, color or what have you? This release looks to be a lot of fun. Danny Elfman is set to score as well.
    Last edited by Fishbulb; 08-20-2011 at 01:24 PM.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Banned User

Re: D23 LIVE: Inside the Disney Studios

What about "Wreck it Ralph"?

actually nevermind, looks pretty cheesy, not even worth the mention lol

Other sites are reporting there was footage of the Avengers shown--any initial reactions from anyone?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbulb View Post
    ...in trying to sell the idea of a black and white film, insisted that Black and white will appeal to younger audiences because, and I'm not making this up, "It's fresh and new" Well, It will be interesting to see them sell Black and white as fresh and new to the young ones and nostalgic to the older audiences.
    He should have asked my students that....most of them don't want to watch movies because they're in black and white!

Sounds promising though...
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Future Imagineer! =D

I'm kind of disappointed.... the movies sound sort of lame. Oh well. I guess we'll see in due time
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Minion

That Opening Post did not even scratch the surface of the presentation!

There was so much more like Wreck it Ralph which was absolutely hilarious, Oz: The Great and Powerful which looks pretty cool, DisneyNature's Chimpanzee, The Avengers with a clip of the film and almost the full cast, and more!

It was really great!

• Forgotten Spirit

Well, I hope Wreck it Ralph is good, the title makes me cringe. lol

• Shablagoo!

So apparently I heard that NO one in general admission got into this panel. So sad :/

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jermboxs View Post
    So apparently I heard that NO one in general admission got into this panel. So sad :/
    Nope. We got into the D23 member line outside at 7:30am, but we did get seats. We were one of the first people on the 3rd level, so the Arena filled up extremely quickly. I really do feel bad for all the General Admission people who came just for the Studios presentation but never got in.

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Nope. We got into the D23 member line outside at 7:30am, but we did get seats. We were one of the first people on the 3rd level, so the Arena filled up extremely quickly. I really do feel bad for all the General Admission people who came just for the Studios presentation but never got in.
    me too, like I'm a HUGE marvel fan so I was disappointed, but I heard that some girl got in the General admission line at around 5:30. Just makes me feel bad for her that she never stood a chance.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jermboxs View Post
    me too, like I'm a HUGE marvel fan so I was disappointed, but I heard that some girl got in the General admission line at around 5:30. Just makes me feel bad for her that she never stood a chance.
    The Marvel part was very cool. What I thought was absolutely stupid was that Robert Downey Jr. got a standing ovation?! Really?! Let's completely applaud the man who was hooked on drugs and sex for 85% of his life. If anyone deserved a standing ovation on the level of RDJ's was John Lasseter. His part of the presentation was, by far, the most interesting and informative. They actually announced new things while the rest almost felt like a big Studios marketing push. I really like the presentation, though, and some of the new films look excellent.

• Pssst! Avast there!

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    The Marvel part was very cool. What I thought was absolutely stupid was that Robert Downey Jr. got a standing ovation?! Really?! Let's completely applaud the man who was hooked on drugs and sex for 85% of his life. If anyone deserved a standing ovation on the level of RDJ's was John Lasseter. His part of the presentation was, by far, the most interesting and informative. They actually announced new things while the rest almost felt like a big Studios marketing push. I really like the presentation, though, and some of the new films look excellent.
    Come on now, Robert Downey Jr. is a great actor. He's had his problems but turned his life around for the better. If anything he's become a sort of role model for people with those types of problems. But I think you should give credit where credit is due, he deserves it. But your right, John Lasseter deserves a big standing ovation too.