Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: D23 hits!

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

D23 hits!

Okay folks! The D23 convention is almost over. Talk to us here about what you thought was amazing. , well done or otherwise remarkable in this thread. No complaints here. There will be another thread for that.

I have to say my favorite thing this year was treasures from the archives. Simply brilliant. Yes the exhibit was doubled in size. But it would mean nothing if it werent so fascinating. They filled nearly two full exhibit rooms with pieces from the archives that were instantly recognizable.

I also have to give props here to the amazing micechat technical and reporting crew here. Monorail man created an app that made reporting the news as it happened as easy as if could be. Thanks monorail man! And thank you to Andy Castro for not only reporting non stop but for also getting his dateline Disneyland article ready for tomorrow.

Good job all
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

iOS

• 1 of 5DQ

Re: D23 hits!

The only complaint I have is actually directed towards myself... I did not properly prepare for the enormity of what D23 truly is, and therefore I ended up missing out on all of the wonderful panels and personal "one on one" opportunities that the expo had to offer.

Next time will be most definitely different as Keith and I will plan on being down there for all three days, we will be better prepared in our planning with all of the panels, and will participate more (volunteer?) with the MiceChat booth.

Other than that I really have no issues. It was an overwhelming expo and we're both glad that we got to attend, even if it was only for one day!

• Banned User

Sounds like the Buena Vista Street stuff was a huge hit, while the Disneyland news kinda fell flat.

• Minion

I loved the Collectible area and the Buena Vista Street panel and the oppurtunity to meet Paige O Hara
    (Yes I know I just wrote a run on sentence)

Probably, the biggest hits for me were the two panels I attended and the Parks and Resorts Exhibit.

I loved Ridley Pearson's Kingdom Keepers panel, being a fan of the series myself, and The Little Mermaid panel. It was fantastic that after the latter, the Imagineers allowed the fans to come up and sign autographs and the like.

What I enjoyed most about the Parks and Resorts Exhibit, was the amount of Imagineers there to answer questions. I had very pleasant conversation with many of them, including a very nice guy who was working on the Fantasyland Expansion project.

Lastly, the Mickeys of Glendale store was, for me, the superior shopping experience. I'm going to treasure my WDI hoodie forever.

~Next WDW Trip 9/1/11-9/10/11~

•   
    • Prefect

Blog Entries

I enjoyed getting to see Disney legends both at the MiceChat booth and by happenstance as they were wandering through the collectibles exhibit floor. The MiceChat booth was in a prime location, so I was able to catch Dave Smith for a quick hello and photo. DustySage invited Tony Baxter over to say hello to Jack Lindquist when he was doing a signing at the booth which was great to witness. I was also extremely lucky and honored to be part of a very special session with John Lasseter, which was so amazing I don't have the words to properly describe it.

For scheduled events, I thought the preshow for the Carousel of Projects was stunning and the Star Tours presentation today with Tom Fitzgerald was top notch!
    <o>

• MiceAge Columnist

Blog Entries

The MiceAge/MiceChat booth of course!

• Hukuna Matata!

For a view from those that were not at the convention, I must say...."And yes I have said this over and over" but-
    Everyones reporting and pictures were so great it was almost like being there. The greatest was the pics of all the costumes with the Mickey Mouse that the great one Walt Disney held in the Classic Video and Pictures in the train waving hello. I check the reports everyday and they keep getting better every day.

Thanks to everyone that contributed into feeding us with the greatness of the expo.
    You guys Rock!!!!

• Done waiting!!

Dick Van Dyke. There were lots of other great things, but that was heads and shoulders above all else. Hopefully the increased attendance will prove that the Expo is worthwhile and Disney will get more aspects of the company involved. **Cough** ESPN **Cough**
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

The people working at the Radio Disney/Dream Store were beyond great. They all went above and beyond.

Ridley Pearson also was the best. He came out before his panel to thank people for coming and signed autographs and took photos.

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by goofypirate View Post
    Dick Van Dyke. There were lots of other great things, but that was heads and shoulders above all else. Hopefully the increased attendance will prove that the Expo is worthwhile and Disney will get more aspects of the company involved. **Cough** ESPN **Cough**
    The Dick Van Dyke show was one of the highlights for me as well. One of the best things I've seen in a while. As for ESPN being involved, wasn't there an ESPN presence at the last D23 that was not well-received?
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Disneylander

- We had a great time at the Trivia Contest. they really packaged the information well. My favorite part was the video of Bob Gurr telling the story about taking Nixon on the monorail and leaving his Secret Service agents behind. This whole contest was just fun!
    - I liked seeing the Carsland video in the Parks & Resorts Pavilion, and talking to the Imagineers for this and the new mine train ride in Fantasyland MK. We asked a lot of questions and you could tell they loved answering them.
    - The archives tour was also great - I loved seeing the Mad Hatter costumes and talking to Dave Smith who was answering questions.
    - The Collectors area was also really fun. Great to see original concept art from Alice and Sleeping Beauty.

I posted in the 'Misses' so in fairness should post in the 'Hits'.
    -They way they handled most of the Arena events this time around went much smoother than the first Expo. The waits were still long but the camera check, screening and bag check was better.
    -Enjoyed the Buena Vista Street seminar.
    -Loved seeing the old Disneyland color footage at the Vintage Disneyland seminar.
    -Enjoyed the opening film/presentation of the Parks and Resorts exhibit.
    -Appreciate all the hard work the MiceChatters put in on covering the event!
    Greetings from Disneyland California!

Went only on Sunday- my hits:
    Treasures from the Archives-I gasped at much, esp. when I saw the AA Mickey from Mickey Mouse Revue.
    Carousel of Projects- The preshow film in "half Circle-Vision" was amazing and the stuff inside was really cool. I loved how each exhibit had a person there to explain and answer questions. And I finally got to see Talking Mickey Mouse!
    Collectors Area- So much animation art it made my head spin. I had to stop flipping thru some of the animation cels that were for sale for fear I would faint. If only I was rich...

It was my first D23 expo. I will be going again, for sure!

• Workin to live,lovin life

The archives were fabulous. My favorite was the fan art, specifically the 101 Dalmatians done like the Jail Cell scene on POTC!

The Carousel's preshow was magical bringing us through the years of Disney Parks and destinations. I missed the talking Mickey, but he creeps me out anyway! Maybe it's just because I grew up without him ever talking except in shows, tv, and parades!

I just wish more was interactive! But I did like planting a tree again!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast