Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Magic & Merriment 2011?

Is anyone going to go through the madness today and try to get tickets for the Magic & Merriment event at WDW? Tickets go on sale today! I was so disappointed that I didn't get tickets last year - there's no way I'm going to try for them again.

Re: Magic & Merriment 2011?

I think I'm going to try to get a ticket, but it won't be a huge deal to me if I can't. So far I've always been able to get a ticket to the D23 events that I've tried for, so we'll see if that continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8Leigh View Post
    I think I'm going to try to get a ticket, but it won't be a huge deal to me if I can't. So far I've always been able to get a ticket to the D23 events that I've tried for, so we'll see if that continues.
    I wish you lots of luck! Last year, the tickets sold out in about 15 seconds. It might be easier this year as there are two events. I was very disappointed that I did not get tickets and ended up cancelling my WDW December trip. in 2011.

Just for fun, I might try to see if I can into the website at 4:00 PM (EST).

I don't have a trip planned or anything, and I'm not even completely sold on going, so I feel like I don't have anything to lose. Really, I'm kind of mad that park admission is extra, but I finally decided that if I do get a ticket for this, I'll probably just finally get an annual pass, since I also have one trip planned for next spring, and a trip next fall would be pretty normal for me.

Bought our tickets right at 1:00 on the nose. They appear to still be available now as well... From the events, it looks like they've increased the capacity of everything as well... which was one of the main complaints last year. They've also taken into consideration the request to have 2 events, so at least they are listening and trying.

I got my ticket, too, for Dec. 11-12. So I guess I'm going to Disney World!

Congrats to both of you. I attempted to buy tickets also and could have purchased them for the 9th & 10th. However as I was just at WDW last week, I will not be able to make a return trip this soon. Maybe next year!

• Just another Disney fan..

Got in no problem. Quite different than last year when my whole group all got shut out in a matter of seconds from the start of registration.

I'm sure increasing the capacity really helped. Wondering if they just doubled the capacity by offering it twice, or if the size of each event also increased in capacity?

If any of you go to this, can you PLEASE get me a D23 Magic & Merriment patch? I will pay you for it! I need it for my collection but can't go to this event. PM me if you can get me one.... I'll pay you good money!

Wow! It was really a breeze to get tickets this year, compared to the first two years. I also going to the second event. To those who are going, the DIZ board is having a Harry Potter party on the night of December 10th.

To ethanwa, if there is a patch, you are welcome to mine. However, I don't remember a patch from the first year - just an ornament!
    Mike L
    Premier Annual Passport
    D23 Charter Member

'09 - D23 Expo, Princess & the Frog preview, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '10 - 1st Anniversary Party, Roy Disney Tribute, Pollyanna screening, Toy Story Marathon, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Dateline Disneyland 1955, Secretariat preview, Destination D, Zorro screening, Tangled preview
    '11 - Love is Magical, 2nd Anniversary Mixer, Absent Minded Professor screening, Destination D, Studio Tour, Sci-Fi Academy, D23 Expo (premier), Babes in Toyland screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '12 - Newsies screening, Journey to Marceline tour, Sister Act screening, Brave preview, Brave artists meet/greet/screening, Treasures Exhibit - Reagan Library preview, Timothy Green premiere, Destination D (diamond), Treasure Island screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '13 - El Capitan Peter Pan Panel & Screening, Disney Video Game Unveiling, Fanniversary, OZ preview, Son of Flubber screening, Summer Magic screening, Tiki Room 50th anniversary, D23 Expo (sorcerer), Sword in the Stone screening, Hocus Pocus screening, Frozen preview, 20,000 Leagues screening
    '14 - Pirate Fairy screening, Rebel Rendezvous, Three Musketeers screening, Mr. Toad screening, Snow White screening, Big Hero 6 preview, Little Mermaid screening, Destination D

Starting to plan my trip. *Happy Dance* (Haven't been since April, so I haven't even seen the new Star Tours.) Think I'm going to stay at Riverside. Trying to decide how many days I'll be there.

Quote Originally Posted by btowndude View Post
    To ethanwa, if there is a patch, you are welcome to mine. However, I don't remember a patch from the first year - just an ornament!
    Thanks! Is this what you got in 2010?

Name:  Mm-bigger.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  28.1 KB

If so, do you still have it?

Maybe you will get something like it this year. I'll contact you after the event to see what you got.

Thanks,

Ethan

I went in 2009 and do not remember anything like that. That Mickey logo looks like what was used for Disney and Dickens ads.
    Mike L
    Premier Annual Passport
    D23 Charter Member

'09 - D23 Expo, Princess & the Frog preview, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '10 - 1st Anniversary Party, Roy Disney Tribute, Pollyanna screening, Toy Story Marathon, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Dateline Disneyland 1955, Secretariat preview, Destination D, Zorro screening, Tangled preview
    '11 - Love is Magical, 2nd Anniversary Mixer, Absent Minded Professor screening, Destination D, Studio Tour, Sci-Fi Academy, D23 Expo (premier), Babes in Toyland screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '12 - Newsies screening, Journey to Marceline tour, Sister Act screening, Brave preview, Brave artists meet/greet/screening, Treasures Exhibit - Reagan Library preview, Timothy Green premiere, Destination D (diamond), Treasure Island screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '13 - El Capitan Peter Pan Panel & Screening, Disney Video Game Unveiling, Fanniversary, OZ preview, Son of Flubber screening, Summer Magic screening, Tiki Room 50th anniversary, D23 Expo (sorcerer), Sword in the Stone screening, Hocus Pocus screening, Frozen preview, 20,000 Leagues screening
    '14 - Pirate Fairy screening, Rebel Rendezvous, Three Musketeers screening, Mr. Toad screening, Snow White screening, Big Hero 6 preview, Little Mermaid screening, Destination D

There's a schedule up now on the page.

Hope those of you who got tickets have a better experience than we did in 2010. The event was a disaster. Bad planning, extreme cold, waiting in lines over and over, preferred viewing areas a joke, having to check in way too early for events, having our time in the suite cut short because earlier groups spent too much time, not enough food at meals ... I won't be going back to a D23 event again soon.
    Last edited by Roaming Scrapper; 11-12-2011 at 01:59 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast