•   

Journey to Marceline

Anyone planning to go? From the activity in this forum it doesn't look like many are members or interested in D23 but this should be a cool trip.

D23′s Journey to Marceline Disney D23
    Leonard
    "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. I REFUSE!"

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Re: Journey to Marceline

I just got on the waitlist. It's showing available on the Events page, but the link to register shows a waitlist. I'm coming back from WDW that weekend in March and figured this would make a cool stop on the way back! Should have been more on top of the ticket sales though. :-/
    --Jonathan

Hi, I will be there! I live in MO, so it's not such a haul for me. A 3 1/2 hour drive, but we are excited about it.

If anyone gets a D23 patch for this event, save it. I will buy it from you for a very good price. I'm a huge D23 patch collector. Thanks!

Would any female be interested in sharing a room and rental car? I have tix to the stockholder mtg the day before to share as well.
    Haven't booked yet because of the cost - but sharing would help!

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by lcasa View Post
    Haven't booked yet because of the cost - but sharing would help!
    Better at least get on the waitlist... it's showing sold-out again. I made it off the waitlist pretty quick (the next day), but it looks like it's because they expanded the capacity.
    --Jonathan

I would love to hear some stories from this event!

Me too, did anyone go??

Some of the old Sorcerers group went and it sounded like a really great time..much better than I thought it would be. Wish I could have gone..focused on the young Walt and what's better than that?

A friend of mine went. Said it was one of the best Disney events she has ever been to!
    The Mur

•   

I went and it was fantastic! One very long day of wonderful Disney Geekness. The people of Marceline could not have been nicer. D23 did it again. I can't wait to see the recap pictures on the D23 site.
    Leonard
    "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. I REFUSE!"

ethanwa - There was no patch for the Journey to Marceline event. There were two gifts - a wooden train whistle and an orange flag with Mickey's face. The flag is a replica of a flag that Walt Disney gave to the elementary school in Marceline that bears his name. It reportedly looks like the flag that flew over Walt's apartment in DLR, when he was in residence there.
    Mike L
    Premier Annual Passport
    D23 Charter Member

'09 - D23 Expo, Princess & the Frog preview, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '10 - 1st Anniversary Party, Roy Disney Tribute, Pollyanna screening, Toy Story Marathon, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Dateline Disneyland 1955, Secretariat preview, Destination D, Zorro screening, Tangled preview
    '11 - Love is Magical, 2nd Anniversary Mixer, Absent Minded Professor screening, Destination D, Studio Tour, Sci-Fi Academy, D23 Expo (premier), Babes in Toyland screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '12 - Newsies screening, Journey to Marceline tour, Sister Act screening, Brave preview, Brave artists meet/greet/screening, Treasures Exhibit - Reagan Library preview, Timothy Green premiere, Destination D (diamond), Treasure Island screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '13 - El Capitan Peter Pan Panel & Screening, Disney Video Game Unveiling, Fanniversary, OZ preview, Son of Flubber screening, Summer Magic screening, Tiki Room 50th anniversary, D23 Expo (sorcerer), Sword in the Stone screening, Hocus Pocus screening, Frozen preview, 20,000 Leagues screening
    '14 - Pirate Fairy screening, Rebel Rendezvous, Three Musketeers screening, Destination D

We had an amazing time in Marceline! Still waiting for D23 to post their photos, but if anyone is interested we shot a video of the day's events.
    D23 Journey to Marceline Event - YouTube

Dang! I wish I would have joined Mice Chat sooner, I would have loved to go to the shareholders' meeting and shared my hotel with you. Next time I'll do better research.

---------- Post added 03-25-2012 at 07:05 PM ----------

Dear Shipshape: What a TERRIFIC video. You probably received the D23 photos and they were very nice, but your video was great. The videos you took were very unobtrusive, we were on the same bus and I was many of your frames, but I never knew it and no part of my enjoyment of the day was interrupted by your filming. Thank you so much for the great filmwork. I'm guessing I won't see you (two?) at the D23 mixer on 4/15/12, but if you do come out, I hope I run into you to thank you again. I told my family about my wonderful trip, but took no pictures. This video hit the spot.

Dear Shipshape: What a TERRIFIC video. You probably received the D23 photos and they were very nice, but your video was great. The videos you took were very unobtrusive, we were on the same bus and I was many of your frames, but I never knew it and no part of my enjoyment of the day was interrupted by your filming. Thank you so much for the great filmwork. I'm guessing I won't see you (two?) at the D23 mixer on 4/15/12, but if you do come out, I hope I run into you to thank you again. I told my family about my wonderful trip, but took no pictures. This video hit the spot.
    I'm so glad you enjoyed it! It was an amazing event, wasn't it? We won't be out for the mixer unfortunately but I hope you have a great time!!