Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Re: D23s Disneyland Off the Map event

Quote Originally Posted by WDI33 View Post
    I asked the woman who is in charge of planning D23 events how many guest there were going to be when I saw her at John Carter last week. She is the one who told me 60 guests.
    That should be a reliable source
    60 is a very manageable group. The D23 Candlelight event was a not so manageable 400 (by my estimate).

Quote Originally Posted by WDI33 View Post
    I asked the woman who is in charge of planning D23 events how many guest there were going to be when I saw her at John Carter last week. She is the one who told me 60 guests.
    What did she say about the venue for dinner?

---------- Post added 02-29-2012 at 12:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by disney_leonard View Post
    Has anyone received details yet? Last week I got an email from D23 about the event but it was only the same confirmation email they sent when I bought my ticket. We report someplace at 9:00 a.m. and that place will be named later. How much later?
    Registration will begin at the Disneyland Resort 9 a.m. in the West Esplanade outside Disneyland Park's entrance, by Guest Relations. Event will end at approximately 9 p.m.

I got the email today about the start point. I'm sure Club 33 will be the dinner venue because of the dress code. I'm guessing the evening will end with World of Color.
    Leonard
    "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. I REFUSE!"

Quote Originally Posted by disney_leonard View Post
    I'm guessing the evening will end with World of Color.
    If dinner is at Club 33, I would rather not rush across the park for an 8:15 WOC.
    WOC is neither Disneyland nor Off the Map.

• Disney Trains and Trivia!

Quote Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
    If dinner is at Club 33, I would rather not rush across the park for an 8:15 WOC.
    WOC is neither Disneyland nor Off the Map.
    Don't worry. If dinner is at Club 33 (and i'm 90% sure it is), then we will not be seeing world of color. We will be enjoying the club all the way until they kick us out at 9pm!
    "The only thing better than Disneyland is, Disneyland at Night!"
    Jaren

I suppose they can stretch dinner for three hours but they'll have to do more than feed us.
    Leonard
    "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. I REFUSE!"

When I went to Club 33 last year with the Carolwood Pacific Historical Society (Walt’s Barn), they had Disney Imaginer Joel Fritsche as a guest speaker. He talked about the new red trolley street car that is going to be in DCA. Joel started his career at Disney, engineering the ride vehicles for Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

It is possible, but not probable, that D23 could be doing the same thing or something similar. Who knows?
    Jaren

Any updates how this event is going?

Hey to all the people who attended this event, any trip reports?

Hands down, this was the best D23 event I have ever been to! I would pay twice as much to do it again.
    We checked in near guest relations, on the west side of the Disneyland Gates. We were broken into 7 groups. Our group (#5 the Wilderness Explorers) first went to Walt's Apartment.

Walt’s Apartment
    It was smaller than I thought but it was so historical and cozy. It had a spirit that was just magical. The only problem was the guest relations cast member that was giving the tour, would not let us take any pictures, only one picture by the lamp. This was the only bummer of the whole day! All the other things we did that day, we could take as many pictures as we wanted, except for Walt's Apartment.

Disney Dream Suite
    Next we headed to the dream suite. We had plenty of time between each tour. So we took our time and stopped to have a safari skewer. We arrived and rode the elevator (between Tarzan’s tree house and Pirates) up to the Dream Suite. The Dream Suite is breathtaking and now my only wish is to spend the night! It was so nice and amazing! In each room there is a button and when you press the “Good Night Kiss” button, the room comes alive with song and magic. It would take me a long time to describe what each room does, so I will move on for now.

Lilly Belle
    After leaving the Dream suite we had spare time and rode Pirates. We meet back up at the train station in New Orleans and boarded the Lilly Belle VIP coach. We took a grand circle tour around the park and enjoyed the elegance and history of the train. The Lilly belle is the only coach that remains at Disneyland from the original Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad yellow coaches. With the help of Lillian Disney, it was refurbished and rededicated with Walt’s sense of style and transformed into an elegantly furnished parlor car.

Club 33
    After our grand circle tour we had about 4 to 5 hours until our dinner. They still would not tell us were dinner was at. So we enjoyed the free time with my family, until it was time to change into our proper attire and head over to the Mark Twain landing. When everyone was counted for, all 7 groups walked over to New Orleans and took a group Photo. We then walked to the Club 33 door and proceeded into the exclusive restaurant. All I can say is Outstanding! The history, the atmosphere, and Dinner were all outstanding!

The Victorian-style furnishing in all of the places we went to that day were amazing! The gifts from D23 were amazing!

I understand why they could only sell so many tickets. All of the places we went to were not big, even Club 33 can only sit so many. After talking to the cast members of D23, I am sure they will do this event again.

Jaren
    Last edited by Jaren; 03-07-2012 at 10:09 AM.
    Jaren

I have a few questions:

Did you have food normally served at Club 33 or was it special for this event?
    How many people were in each group?
    Do you have pictures of the gifts?
    Were you able to purchase Club 33 merchandise?

Thank you for giving us an update! I'm glad you had a wonderful time. I would love to see pictures from anyone who attended this event.

What gifts did you get? Any D23 patches???

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Personally, while I did enjoy the event I really think it could have been done way better. It sure seemed from the description that this would be an all day tour, with "surprises, special gifts and more than a little pixie dust thrown in". We all met out front and were given Carmen as our tour guide (she was wonderful) then our group went in to the Dream Suite first. When it was finished we were told meet again in half an hour at the train station for the Lilly Belle. Rode the Lilly Belle and I must say the CM we had, Vern, was wonderful. Then it was meet again in a half hour for Walt's Apartment. IMO, we should have been told up front, before paying $250, that we would not be allowed to take pictures. I know people that have taken other tours that were allowed to. It was just silly not to be allowed to or informed before we were in the apartment. After that it was just meet again in four and a half hours for dinner. To no one's surprise it was in Club 33 a very nice four course meal with three wine pairings. Everyone had the same thing unless there was a dietary restriction. The "special gifts" were a Club 33 wine glass and a copy of a nice picture of Walt in the apartment. But really, why did we need to be there for 12 hours? We could just as well have done everything in one afternoon. What were the "surprises and pixie dust"? All in all, it was nice but could have been better.
    Mike

No D23 patches.

I agree with Jaren, well worth the time & cost. Kudos to D23 for the event. There were 73 total people and we were broken into 7 groups (10-11/group). It seemed to go off without a hitch with 1 group finishing a tour as another group just arrived. Trying to schedule seven 10 person groups, to get to 3 tour locations (lasting 20-30min each) within a 3-4 hour window without delays could of been trouble but it seemed to go without problems.

The food at Club 33 was excellent. The main course was a cabernet braised prime short rib. 3 wine pairings over the 3 courses (additional beverage could be purchased). Club 33 merchandise could be purchased as well although the selection was very limited (2011 holiday pin, a bracelet, some rings, some golf towels, champagne 2012 NYE flutes, robe, and some shirts with limited sizes available).

All in all, we walked away with a Disneyland Lilly Belle ticket with stamp, a Club 33 wine glass filled with Club 33 chocolate candy, a nice brochure detailing the 4 tour stops (including Club 33) with summary and dinner course list, a Club 33 bag with a matted pic of Walt in his apartment looking out of the window towards the train station smiling, and tons of wonderful memories. Plenty of surprises for me (even though Club 33 wasn't exactly a surprise they never mentioned it so it can be considered one).

Matt

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

After reading your reports, I think $250 is about right for what you got. Breaking it down:

-Club 33 Dinner
    -Wine
    -Club 33 Wine Glass
    -Guided Tour

Sounds like a good time! I only need to do the Dream Suite to have "done it all" so $250 is too much for me at the moment.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast