Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Blog Entries

D23s Disneyland Off the Map event

Anybody else see this posted on Facebook yesterday? It takes place on March 6th. Looks pretty cool but I'm no sure it is worth the 250 dollars.

D23′s Disneyland Off the Map « Disney D23

You’ve been to Disneyland. You’ve experienced every attraction, watched every spectacle, and sampled every delicacy the resort has to offer. Or have you? During your daylong Disneyland adventure, you will visit legendary locales seldom (if ever) seen by Disney fans—places that are, shall we say, off the map?
    Included in your unforgettable visit will be a tour of Walt Disney’s private apartment above the Fire Station on Main Street, U.S.A. This quaint studio apartment was built during the construction of Disneyland so that Walt could sometimes spend the night and watch his beloved dream of Disneyland became a reality. Once the park opened, Walt and his family would occasionally spend the night—or just use the fully functional apartment (complete with shower and small kitchenette!) as a respite from the busy park below. Lillian would use the outside patio for afternoon tea and for entertaining guests while Walt would conduct studio business using the (still-working) Victorian-era rotary phone.
    Interested in a grand circle tour of Disneyland? How about taking a ride in the Lilly Belle VIP parlor car on the Disneyland Railroad? Named after Walt’s wife, Lillian, the car was originally the “Grand Canyon” observation car of the original Disneyland passenger train that was built at the Disney studio in 1955 for the opening of the park. For the park’s 1975-1976 celebration of the American Bicentennial, the car was re-christened the Lilly Belle, and converted into an elegantly furnished parlor car whose guests have included heads of state and legends from all corners of the world. Now it’s your turn to be treated like royalty aboard the Disneyland Railroad!
    Then it’s time for a dream come true. In 2008, The Disney Gallery above Pirates of the Caribbean was transformed into Disneyland Dream Suite. The space was originally intended as an apartment for Walt to entertain guests and spend the night, but he passed away before it could be completed. As part of the Disney Parks Year of a Million Dreams celebration, the apartment was brought to life by Imagineers, who not only stayed faithful to many of Walt’s original ideas for the space, but enhanced it with some truly magical touches that include a quintessentially Disney “kiss goodnight.”
    Of course there will be ample time to enjoy many of the park’s signature attractions, including Haunted Mansion and it’s a small world, but don’t fill up on churros. We will be meeting at 6 p.m. for a very special dinner (and drinks) inside one of the resort’s most unique restaurants.
    With surprises, special gifts, and more than a little bit of pixie dust thrown in for good measure, we are confident this will be one D23 event you will want to put on your map.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Re: D23s Disneyland Off the Map event

Definitely not worth $250. The entrance to Disneyland along with the dinner are no more than $100 which is no interest to me since im a passholder. You can ride on the lilly belle free of chare if you ask or reserve it. Why would people want to see the Disney Dream suite? The only thing of interest is going into Walt's apartment and for anybody who goes to this thing, that will be the sole reason they go. Why not take us on a walkthrough of the Haunted Mansion, or uptop the castle, or dinner at club 33 or inside the corral ranch, theres so many things that could make this thing seem exciting but paying 250 to see Walt's apartment is not worth that much of my hard earned money, im not a sucker.

---------- Post added 02-02-2012 at 07:53 PM ----------

"We will be meeting at 6 p.m. for a very special dinner (and drinks) inside one of the resort’s most unique restaurants"

If this were Club 33, they would mention it to gain more interest, this is most definately Bluy Bayou Restaraunt
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

too much, pass

• Timelord

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
    Definitely not worth $250. The entrance to Disneyland along with the dinner are no more than $100 which is no interest to me since im a passholder. You can ride on the lilly belle free of chare if you ask or reserve it. Why would people want to see the Disney Dream suite? The only thing of interest is going into Walt's apartment and for anybody who goes to this thing, that will be the sole reason they go. Why not take us on a walkthrough of the Haunted Mansion, or uptop the castle, or dinner at club 33 or inside the corral ranch, theres so many things that could make this thing seem exciting but paying 250 to see Walt's apartment is not worth that much of my hard earned money, im not a sucker.

---------- Post added 02-02-2012 at 07:53 PM ----------

"We will be meeting at 6 p.m. for a very special dinner (and drinks) inside one of the resort’s most unique restaurants"

If this were Club 33, they would mention it to gain more interest, this is most definately Bluy Bayou Restaraunt
    First off, park admission is NOT included in the $250 price. Secondly, they will not serve alcohol at the Blue Bayou, it's very clear that they're intimating Club 33. The reason (in my opinion) that they're not naming the restaurant in question is to not draw much attention to it.

Being able to tour Walt's apartment, dinner at Club 33, and the gifts (plural) that will be given out to attendees definitely make this a fair price to me.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by isny View Post
    First off, park admission is NOT included in the $250 price. Secondly, they will not serve alcohol at the Blue Bayou, it's very clear that they're intimating Club 33. The reason (in my opinion) that they're not naming the restaurant in question is to not draw much attention to it.

Being able to tour Walt's apartment, dinner at Club 33, and the gifts (plural) that will be given out to attendees definitely make this a fair price to me.
    i agree also its not worth it i wont to go in club 33 to me its worth it
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by isny View Post

100% agree. It's Club 33 in my opinion.

It's Club 33.

• Tour Ready

Dinner at the Club usually runs around $120 dollars (with tip) per person, $150 if you add alcohol. If you think Walt's Apartment, Dream Suite and the Lilly Belle plus D23 gifts are worth $100, I say go for it, spend $250 and enjoy!

I think $250 is a steal to get ALL of that in ONE day, especially if you already have an annual pass like me (so no extra park admission costs). I mean... sometimes just getting a tour of Walt's apartment alone is hard enough. And if it's really Club 33 you have to usually know someone special to get dinner there. The Dream Suite, Lilly Belle, and gifts are just a bonus in my opinion. It's a really good deal for $250. And you will be teated really great by the CM's because I can bet there are only 25-30 tickets to this event, especially if dinner is at Club 33.

35 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth

Quote Originally Posted by WDI33 View Post
    Dinner at the Club usually runs around $120 dollars (with tip) per person, $150 if you add alcohol. If you think Walt's Apartment, Dream Suite and the Lilly Belle plus D23 gifts are worth $100, I say go for it, spend $250 and enjoy!
    I don't know. Price still seems too high -- primarily because Park admission is NOT included. (A regular reservation at Club 33 includes Park admission, with the minimum cost of the meal equal to the Park admission price.) If you're not an Annual Passholder, you need to tack another 100 bucks onto that $250 price.

I keep thinking there must be more to this than meets the eye. According to the website, check-in begins at 9:00AM and the event ends at 9:00PM. That's 12 hours for -- what? The 3 tour components (Lilly Belle, Walt's Apartment, and the Gallery) certainly won't take that long. And if all they're going to do is turn you loose in the Park for the rest of the time, then admission should have been included, imo.

The pricing just seems high -- especially coming from the group that regularly screens films at the studio for $5 and had their 1st Anniversary Party in Fantasyland (with dessert buffet and drinks) for $65.

• Timelord

Quote Originally Posted by PinokeFan View Post
    I don't know. Price still seems too high -- primarily because Park admission is NOT included. (A regular reservation at Club 33 includes Park admission, with the minimum cost of the meal equal to the Park admission price.) If you're not an Annual Passholder, you need to tack another 100 bucks onto that $250 price.

I keep thinking there must be more to this than meets the eye. According to the website, check-in begins at 9:00AM and the event ends at 9:00PM. That's 12 hours for -- what? The 3 tour components (Lilly Belle, Walt's Apartment, and the Gallery) certainly won't take that long. And if all they're going to do is turn you loose in the Park for the rest of the time, then admission should have been included, imo.

The pricing just seems high -- especially coming from the group that regularly screens films at the studio for $5 and had their 1st Anniversary Party in Fantasyland (with dessert buffet and drinks) for $65.
    The high price is just another reason why the restaurant in question is probably Club 33.

It's not like this is something that they're doing on a large scale. Offering 20-30 D23 members this event as a one time high priced ticketed event, and including a meal and drinks at Club 33 as it's "off the map", seems about right for the price they're asking.

It all adds up towards being an "off the map" one time only experience, and I'm waiting for official word on the restaurant from a contact at Disney anyways, so hopefully someone, or my contact, comes through for us soon.

The tour of Walt's apartment alone is very difficult to get. Adventures by Disney has backstage tours that include the apartment starting at $2500/person. How else can you get the tour for cheaper??? You can't. That's why this is a good deal.

• Rock Star Minion

The alcohol permit that was once for Club 33 only was taken over by the Events people, and it now allows Disney to serve alcohol anywhere in Disneyland.

(So I've read here.)
    Alcohol has been served at media events in Disneyland. That's the only way some of them will write favorably about The Company and The Park.

If it is a very small event (30-60 people), then maybe it is Club 33. Club 33 members are probably not too happy about their club being used for such a thing. Too bad they have no say in it.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

I doubt this dinner is in Club 33. The tenet that Club 33 is a private Club for members (and their guests) ONLY is held sacred by Club 33 members and Disney. Club members would be up in arms if D23 was allowed to sell tickets to a dinner inside the Club (memberships have been revoked for the same offense). Especially after the recent changes in membership rules & dues; there would be a significant outcry IMHO.

A better option would be to set up a special catered dinner somewhere private... after hours someplace special like inside an attraction/queue or private space not open to the public (the courtyard of the Dream Suite would be magical, but it would be a very intimate dinner). Alas, "restaurant" in the description to this event rules that out (not to mention a dinner like this would raise the price significantly).

I can't for the life of me figure out why this is so expensive. I have seen the inside of Walt's Apt, I have ridden on the Lily Belle, and I have been to Club 33 (although as I said that doesn't have much relevance to this event). I would be interested to see the inside of the Dream Suite... but not for $250.
    --Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI View Post
    I doubt this dinner is in Club 33. The tenet that Club 33 is a private Club for members (and their guests) ONLY is held sacred by Club 33 members and Disney. Club members would be up in arms if D23 was allowed to sell tickets to a dinner inside the Club (memberships have been revoked for the same offense). Especially after the recent changes in membership rules & dues; there would be a significant outcry IMHO.

A better option would be to set up a special catered dinner somewhere private... after hours someplace special like inside an attraction/queue or private space not open to the public (the courtyard of the Dream Suite would be magical, but it would be a very intimate dinner). Alas, "restaurant" in the description to this event rules that out (not to mention a dinner like this would raise the price significantly).

I can't for the life of me figure out why this is so expensive. I have seen the inside of Walt's Apt, I have ridden on the Lily Belle, and I have been to Club 33 (although as I said that doesn't have much relevance to this event). I would be interested to see the inside of the Dream Suite... but not for $250.
    Why, with all of those things added into one day, would this not be worth $250?

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast