Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fanniversary!

Fanniversary!

I'm so excited! Do they have a merchandise sale during/after the event?

Re: Fanniversary!

My guess would be no. From what it appears this will be a mostly film based (if not entirely). Im anxious to see what else is offered though. I just doubt there will be merchandise sold there especially since most stops.are at third party venues.

Last edited by Disney Magic; 03-07-2012 at 09:32 AM. Reason: edited out double post

I would love to hear about past Fanniversary events as well from anyone!

Hopefully I can get tickets to this year's event in LA.

This coming April and May will be the first of it's kind events so there is no info about past ones.

That makes it more exciting! Thanks for the info Disney Magic.

Looks like the D23 website was down for a bit but I got through and secured my tickets for Fanniversary at the Disney Studios!

One sad thing to see is there will be "No photography or video recording of any kind will be permitted during the presentation."

Got my tickets as well. the link to get tickets came up at 10 AM east coast time and then promptly crashed a minute later. after several refreshes I finally got a chance to get my tickets. Then D23 suspended ticket sales until further notice cause of their site difficulties. D23 said on facebook that any ticket sales that did go through will not need to be repurchased.

I'm so glad I'll be in LA that weekend because San Francisco is the first to sell out!

• Minion

i got tickets but might not get to go
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

It is not too surprising that the SF event sold out so quickly, looking at the host venue for each location SF has the smallest seating capacity of any other venue. SF, NY and LA are both getting two presentations while the others only one. Even still if each member is allowed to purchase 2 tickets, assuming that most will bring a guest, hypothetically each presentation for SF could have been sold out after with as few as 57 members buying tickets.

Quick online research found these results for seating capacity for their respective venue;

Orlando 900 (plus theme park admission required)
    Burbank (LA) 400
    Boston 380
    Chicago 296
    NYC 179
    San Francisco 114

It would be intersting to know what the demographics were for active memberships. And if these are taken into consideration at all. Anyone even have any idea how many members there are total?
    Last edited by Disney Magic; 03-17-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Just noticed today NYC sold out now too.

Chicago is sold out too.

This was my first official d23 event besides the John Carter screening. I attended the Fanniversary event at the Disney Studios this past Friday at 8pm and I have to say I was a bit disappointed. There were certainly some good moments with never before seen footage and pictures but I don't know if this event justified the $18.

The presenters touched on a lot of movies but the transitions between were awkward, sometimes jumping from one to the other with barely any time to "celebrate" a film's anniversary. Some just had a quick picture shown on their slide show before moving on. There were also a lot of technical problems with the show and we had to stop several times for it to be fixed. We were able to ask d23 or disney archive related questions to pass the time. This was actually more exciting than the actual show.

Members did get a Fanniversary flag (it looks just like the flag shown on the d23 Fanniversary event page) and button pin which was nice but I wouldn't have wanted them if they weren't already included. The check in was a bit slow and actually driving into the lot parking took forever because they were checking names on their list.

Thanks for your review earthfirst! sounds like what i expected it to be like, funny how there has been very little mention of this online including from D23 now that san francisco and LA fanniversarys done.

Still looking forward to Boston's on the 20th :-)

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    Thanks for your review earthfirst! sounds like what i expected it to be like, funny how there has been very little mention of this online including from D23 now that san francisco and LA fanniversarys done.
    The D23 folks are purposely not saying anything in order not to spoil things for those people in the cities that have not yet had their events. They even asked people NOT to go and post on the Internet and spoil it for others. I think most people are trying to honor that request.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast