View Poll Results: Are you excited about the next D23 Expo?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Sign Me Up

    24 23.08%
  • No - Not looking forward to it

    42 40.38%
  • Perhaps - Waiting for more info

    38 36.54%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 42
  1. #16

    • Just another Disney fan..
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Near "The Original"
    Posts
    932

    Re: Next D23 Expo Announced for Aug 9-11, 2013 - Excited or Not?

    The $1000 Sorcerer package people had reserved seats in all panels and presentations. The $500 Premiere package people had reserved seats only in the arena.

    So fare the announcement for next years expo only mentions a Sorcerer package but gives no deatails about how my slots, what it will entail or what it will cost.

  2. #17

    • Timelord
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    380

    Re: Next D23 Expo Announced for Aug 9-11, 2013 - Excited or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post
    The $1000 Sorcerer package people had reserved seats in all panels and presentations. The $500 Premiere package people had reserved seats only in the arena.

    So fare the announcement for next years expo only mentions a Sorcerer package but gives no deatails about how my slots, what it will entail or what it will cost.
    Exactly. Not giving much in the way of details, and making people purchase these tickets so far out in advance, is really disappointing. Last year I only got to see one of the panels in the arena, and to do so I had to start camping out around 2-3am.

    I'd much rather pay a fee to get reserved seating, but if I have no idea whatsoever what the expo is going to be like this year, why pay hundreds of dollars in advance when it may turn out to be a dud of a show.

  3. #18

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,929
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Next D23 Expo Announced for Aug 9-11, 2013 - Excited or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by isny View Post
    Here's a question. How many of you are going to shell out for the Sorcerer and other deluxe packages this far in advance without a hint of what the schedule is going to be like? (And how apparently the people who did shell out that kind of money last year didn't get priority seating at all of the panels, only the ones in the arena.)
    I didn't by any of the special packages last time and I won't be buying any the next time regardless of what they offer. That kind of stuff just isn't in my personal budget.




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  4. #19

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    7

    Re: Next D23 Expo Announced for Aug 9-11, 2013 - Excited or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by isny View Post
    Exactly. Not giving much in the way of details, and making people purchase these tickets so far out in advance, is really disappointing. Last year I only got to see one of the panels in the arena, and to do so I had to start camping out around 2-3am.I'd much rather pay a fee to get reserved seating, but if I have no idea whatsoever what the expo is going to be like this year, why pay hundreds of dollars in advance when it may turn out to be a dud of a show.
    I completely agree. I swore this past year that if I went back to the Expo, I would get the premiere package, as a majority of my last Expo trip was spent sitting, standing, reading, and chatting in line. I feel as if I didn't get to see nearly as much as I wanted. That being said, who the heck would shell out $500 without knowing the schedule yet? I love Disney, but I'm not going to assume that they're going to wow me - especially after just seeing John Carter!

  5. #20

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Now a WDW Local!
    Posts
    20,520
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Next D23 Expo Announced for Aug 9-11, 2013 - Excited or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Since we've missed the first 2, we're definitely planning to make it this one in 2013.
    Yes I have been dying to go for years. Can't miss this one
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...





  6. #21

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,579

    Re: Next D23 Expo Announced for Aug 9-11, 2013 - Excited or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    LOL. I'm actually sort of looking forward to it too. Though the way they treated the fans at the last event bordered on abuse.

    What I find strange is the way they are promoting this event (BORING!) and that they announced it on a Friday, which from a marketing point of view is the kiss of death.

    It almost seems like someone is trying to kill the Expo (and perhaps D23 along with it).

    Reminds me a bit of the whole John Carter controversy.
    One issue I found was that the input from various divisions has dropped off from the first expo. And THAT expo didn't have wholehearted support from the business units attending (many didn't even take part).

    If those exhibiting last year feel it wasn't worth it (costs the business that participate), some may skip the next one.

    The one exhibit I was particularly interested was the Parks and Resorts, which had an outstanding one the first year. Last year, their effort was fairly lackluster, showing little of significant interest. Next year, I suppose they will be showing Shanghai, but most of the rest will probably just be the point-of-sale booths for the likes of Resort Hotels, Vacation Club and Cruise Line (almost half the exhibit last year).

    Of course, since the expo was totally new the first year, they were able to put out a lot of things that people had never seen before, pulling out all the stops. But follow-up expos no longer have that luxury and they are dependent on announced projects within the last couple of years. And since most of those have been/will be covered in the ensuing time, there probably won't really be any significant surprises.

    The models and mock-ups are kind of the high point for me, but there really needs to be some outstanding examples to make their exhibit worthwhile.

  7. #22

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    159

    Re: Next D23 Expo Announced for Aug 9-11, 2013 - Excited or Not?

    Agree...it just makes more sense to keep it in Anaheim. Orlando, you get Food and Wine and the Christmas light show..let us have the Expo without whining.
    Yes, looking very forward in going. Hope they fix the problems but both previous Expos have been fantastic and I'll be there.

    ---------- Post added 03-12-2012 at 06:53 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by isny View Post
    Here's a question. How many of you are going to shell out for the Sorcerer and other deluxe packages this far in advance without a hint of what the schedule is going to be like? (And how apparently the people who did shell out that kind of money last year didn't get priority seating at all of the panels, only the ones in the arena.)
    That is incorrect. They had 2 packages. Sorcerer which had seating at all presentations and Premiere which had seating only in the Arena. I was a Sorcerer and we were treated very well. Yes, shelling out that cash a year in advance took faith and they delivered so hope to get a package again this year. BTW..I wasn't looking forward to John Carter at all and really liked it.

  8. #23

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    500 miles from WDW
    Posts
    31

    Thumbs down Re: Next D23 Expo Announced for Aug 9-11, 2013 - Excited or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Also, although they previously promised that the next expo would be in Orlando, they've opted to stay in Anaheim for a 3rd go round. This will no doubt upset the East Coast folks who have been waiting on the Expo to make it out their way for many years now.
    I was certainly hoping that the next Expo to be at Walt Disney World. Just the cost of airfare from the east coast would make the trip prohibitive for me. I checked for airfare for this August, almost $700 just for airfare. That's not going ot happen for me.

    Well, maybe 2015!

  9. #24

    • Disney Trivia God
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Papillion, NE
    Posts
    242

    Re: Next D23 Expo Announced for Aug 9-11, 2013 - Excited or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by nunz View Post
    Agree...it just makes more sense to keep it in Anaheim. Orlando, you get Food and Wine and the Christmas light show..let us have the Expo without whining.
    Yes, looking very forward in going. Hope they fix the problems but both previous Expos have been fantastic and I'll be there.

    ---------- Post added 03-12-2012 at 06:53 AM ----------

    That is incorrect. They had 2 packages. Sorcerer which had seating at all presentations and Premiere which had seating only in the Arena. I was a Sorcerer and we were treated very well. Yes, shelling out that cash a year in advance took faith and they delivered so hope to get a package again this year. BTW..I wasn't looking forward to John Carter at all and really liked it.
    I had a Premier ticket last year -- yeah, dropping $500 on it wasn't something I could do every day, but in the end it paid off, mainly by not having to stand in so many lines. Of course it did me no good for the non-Arena shows, but the time savings in getting in the front door almost made it worth it.

    My fear is this time they're going to jack the price for everyone up to the $1K Sorceror price, where a majority of people will be priced out of competition. I know if it's $1,000 to get a "good" ticket, I won't bite. There's a whole lot of other things I could do with that much money.

  10. #25

    • Pirates Fanatic
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    3,237

    Re: Next D23 Expo Announced for Aug 9-11, 2013 - Excited or Not?

    I hope that at the next D23 Expo event, that they reveal Pirates of the Caribbean 5's release date and full movie title, like they did for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides ! .
    Captain Jack Sparrow: Marina!.....Please Don't!

  11. #26

    • 11 Year Annual Passholder
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Disneyland... I wish.
    Posts
    1,663

    Re: Next D23 Expo Announced for Aug 9-11, 2013 - Excited or Not?

    Those I went with and I had a pretty miserable time last August, so it is going to take a lot of convincing to make me want to go again. I really wanted to enjoy it, but there was not much about it to enjoy.

    ^Art by me!
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 3.24.15}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 20

  12. #27

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Central Coast
    Posts
    8

    Re: Next D23 Expo Announced for Aug 9-11, 2013 - Excited or Not?

    I also had a so-so time with the 2011 Expo...If I'm going to consider attending the next one, I think I need to hear more about improvements, such as having larger venues for the various panels and presentations. I attended in 2009 and really liked that one...

  13. #28

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,929
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Next D23 Expo Announced for Aug 9-11, 2013 - Excited or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by cidbliq View Post
    I had a Premier ticket last year -- yeah, dropping $500 on it wasn't something I could do every day, but in the end it paid off, mainly by not having to stand in so many lines. Of course it did me no good for the non-Arena shows, but the time savings in getting in the front door almost made it worth it.

    My fear is this time they're going to jack the price for everyone up to the $1K Sorceror price, where a majority of people will be priced out of competition. I know if it's $1,000 to get a "good" ticket, I won't bite. There's a whole lot of other things I could do with that much money.
    If I were a betting person, I'd wager that they will up the prices. That seems to be standard operating procedure for all the D23 events.... they keep raising up the prices on pretty much everything. Its almost like they have this mindset that, "they're Disney freaks.... they'll pay anything for the opportunity to do such and such...." But they push to far and even us hard core Disney freaks will start to say no thank you.




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  14. #29

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,939

    Re: Next D23 Expo Announced for Aug 9-11, 2013 - Excited or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    If I were a betting person, I'd wager that they will up the prices. That seems to be standard operating procedure for all the D23 events.... they keep raising up the prices on pretty much everything. Its almost like they have this mindset that, "they're Disney freaks.... they'll pay anything for the opportunity to do such and such...." But they push to far and even us hard core Disney freaks will start to say no thank you.
    Some of us hard core Disney freaks are already saying no thank you.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

    - Neil Gabler


  15. #30

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Foster City, CA
    Posts
    325

    Re: Next D23 Expo Announced for Aug 9-11, 2013 - Excited or Not?

    Yeah I don't know. I am planning to go to this event but how long I am planning to stay is very up in the air. Last year I bought tickets for 3 days and left after halfway through the first day. I told myself I wouldn't go for 3 days after dealing with the lines the first day. However, I am interested and how Disney may fix this event. I am still leaning on just one day this time with no panels.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. when is the next D23 expo
    By poohbear647 in forum D23 - Disney Twenty Three
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-05-2010, 11:11 PM
  2. Tickets for the d23 expo 2011 on sale aug 19
    By Dustysage in forum D23 - Disney Twenty Three
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 08-24-2010, 11:16 AM
  3. D23 Expo - Suggestions for the Next One
    By SKPDisney in forum D23 - Disney Twenty Three
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-11-2009, 07:21 AM
  4. Replies: 120
    Last Post: 09-09-2009, 01:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •