View Poll Results: Are you excited about the next D23 Expo?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Sign Me Up

24 23.08%
  • No - Not looking forward to it

42 40.38%
  • Perhaps - Waiting for more info

38 36.54%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Disney Trivia God

Re: Next D23 Expo Announced for Aug 9-11, 2013 - Excited or Not?

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    If I were a betting person, I'd wager that they will up the prices. That seems to be standard operating procedure for all the D23 events.... they keep raising up the prices on pretty much everything. Its almost like they have this mindset that, "they're Disney freaks.... they'll pay anything for the opportunity to do such and such...." But they push to far and even us hard core Disney freaks will start to say no thank you.
    You're probably right -- they know that there's enough money in SoCal to warrant really expensive-but-exclusive tickets that they can probably get away with charging a small fortune for a lucky few. Look at Club 33's waiting list, if there's any doubt...

Still, I'm hopeful that the Expo doesn't entirely become a "behind the velvet rope" event, where us ordinary D23 fans get shut out because we can't drop the big bucks like some.

• 1 of 5DQ

I'm not looking forward to it only because of how badly managed the last one was. However, Keith and I will be there nonetheless if only to see other Micechatters!

The only way I'll make the effort again is if they outline how they are going to do it FAR better than the last Expo, and "we're working on improving" isn't going to fly this time. We spent a good chunk of last year's expo sitting on a bench in front of the convention center after standing over an hour in line because we were 20 people away from getting into the presentation we wanted to see, and then had no chance of getting into any other presentations. Add to that the lack of really cool inside info presented (other than at the movie presentation) and, unless they outline major improvements, I'll just watch it on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by btowndude View Post
    Considering that Orlando gets the Star Wars Weekends, the two Epcot Festivals, and the major Disney Pin events, I see no problem keeping the D23 Expo in Anaheim.

Yeah...wouldn't a new Food & Wine festival, Star Wars weekends & something like the Osborne lights be wonderful in Anaheim?? Sigh...........

Tentatively excited. I loved the first one, flaws and all. The second was a disaster. D23 members and fans were treated very poorly and it lacked the magic of the original. It felt like a giant commercial with a bunch of stores and bad food. The D23 website says that 'D23 Members receive early admission to the Expo show floor' in 2013. So at least it sounds like they are listening to some of our complaints. If I can, I'll get one of those Sorcerers Packages and just say to heck with the lines. But, they seemed to be very limited and cost prohibitive last time. I sure wish they would do one at Walt Disney World. The Orange County Convention Center is huge. But I'm just bias, because I live near WDW and want to save on the airfare and hotel cost!
    Last edited by skellington216; 03-14-2012 at 01:36 PM. Reason: spelling

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Them stating that they are expanding capacity is all I need to hear to know that I want to go. They have offered great things to check out at both Expos, so I know that I will not be disappointed, as long as I can actually get in to see them.

However, I think I will invest on becoming a D23 member to avoid running the risk of being a third-class citizen when trying to physically get into the convention center again.

• Resident of the Caldera

I made the mistake of going to the first two: never again. A near total waste of time and money.

---------- Post added 04-23-2012 at 05:52 PM ----------

Any of you who have been to a merchandise event run by Walt Disney Event Services knows that they are incapable of putting on an event in a professional manner. Registration and long lines, sometimes with hours of waiting for no reason whatsoever, are par for the course. Why would anyone pay to stand in line for hours only to be told that there are no seats left for you? PU, I say. I'll stay in the theme park and have some real Walt Disney style fun.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Pirates Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    I made the mistake of going to the first two: never again. A near total waste of time and money.
    Was one of them the one that Johnny Depp appeared at, dressed up as Captain Jack Sparrow 3 or 4 years ago basically announcing Pirates 4 ?
    Captain Jack Sparrow: Marina!.....Please Don't!

• Resident of the Caldera

Yes, but I couldn't get into that room. No Johnny Depp for Fukai.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Pirates Fanatic

Yes, but I couldn't get into that room. No Johnny Depp for Fukai.
    Sorry to hear that .
    Captain Jack Sparrow: Marina!.....Please Don't!

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Fingers crossed they announced some BIG things for Disneyland...last years expo really had no big announcements whihc was disappointing to say the least
    i agree...nothing new was announced that wasn't already on the internet. The first year, all sorts of new things were announced, last year, not so much.

I am not sure if I am going to go. it was so crowded last year.

---------- Post added 05-28-2012 at 10:32 AM ----------

Why would anyone pay to stand in line for hours only to be told that there are no seats left for you?
    that never happened to me, but i heard people talking about it around the event last year. I heard some very frustrating stories last year. I must say though, i kind of want to go back

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    Them stating that they are expanding capacity is all I need to hear to know that I want to go. They have offered great things to check out at both Expos, so I know that I will not be disappointed, as long as I can actually get in to see them.

However, I think I will invest on becoming a D23 member to avoid running the risk of being a third-class citizen when trying to physically get into the convention center again.
    THIS.....I know its not cool that money should buy you everything...but really if your going to go DO it right and get a D23 premiership for a year JUST to buy tickets...they are a little cheaper AND they get to cut in line in front of ALL none members so very much worth it...almost grantees you a seat to the first Area show if you show up at like 7:30

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123