D23 Preview Events at Disney California Adventure

Event Information

DATES
    June 9 or 10, 2012
    Disney California Adventure, Anaheim, California
    TIME
    See timetable below
    TICKETS
    Available Friday, May 18, 10 a.m. PST. Please check this page for the ticket link.
    COST
    Tickets range from $50 to $500 per person

Be among the first to experience how “The Happiest Place on Earth” just got happier! As a D23 Member, you and a guest have the opportunity to attend preview events on June 9 or June 10.
    Our friends at Disneyland Resort have opened up a limited number of tickets for D23 Members to experience the re-imagined and expanded Disney California Adventure Park, including a preview of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street. While these extraordinary additions open on June 15 to the general public, D23 Members have the chance to attend one of two special days of previews on June 9 or 10. Each date offers three windows of time to experience Cars Land and Buena Vista Street (see sidebar for times). Plus D23 has obtained a very limited number of tickets to enjoy dinner during the evening experience at the Carthay Circle Restaurant.
    Cars Land expands Disney California Adventure by 12 acres and immerses guests in the thrilling world of the Disney•Pixar blockbuster Cars. Guests will feel as if they have stepped into the town of Radiator Springs as they enjoy three family attractions showcasing characters and settings from the movie, plus Cars-themed dining and shopping locations such as Flo’s V8 Café, Ramone’s House of Body Art, and Radiator Springs Curios.
    Starting June 15, guests will enter Disney California Adventure along Buena Vista Street, a place that transports them to an era when Walt Disney arrived with new dreams in California: 1920s Los Angeles. Buena Vista Street features Red Car Trolleys, inspired by the transportation system that once served Southern California, and the Carthay Circle Theatre, modeled after the site of the 1937 world premiere of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
    Dinner at Carthay Circle Restaurant includes a three-course meal featuring modern cuisine that pays tribute to the bold and diverse flavors of Southern California, and a special wine presentation.
    To celebrate these previews and the grand reopening of Disney California Adventure, the Disneyland Resort is spreading the happiness by donating a total of $500,000 to Children’s Hospital of Orange County (CHOC) and the Anaheim Community Foundation.

Saturday, June 9
    Price Time Experience
    $50 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. Cars Land and Buena Vista Street
    $50 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. Cars Land and Buena Vista Street
    $75 6 p.m. – 11 p.m. Cars Land and Buena Vista Street, with a private World of Color viewing afterward
    OR
    Sunday, June 10
    Price Time Experience
    $50 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. Cars Land and Buena Vista Street
    $50 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. Cars Land and Buena Vista Street
    $75 6 p.m. – 11 p.m. Cars Land and Buena Vista Street, with a private World of Color viewing afterward
    $500 6 p.m. – 11 p.m. Cars Land, Buena Vista Street, Dinner in Carthay Circle Restaurant, and private World of Color viewing, Carthay Circle Restaurant

NOTE: Available only to D23 Members in good standing. Members may reserve a ticket for themselves and one (1) guest for one of the experiences listed on June 9 OR June 10. There are a limited number of tickets available. Theme park admission is required and not included in the preview event ticket; if you are a Disneyland Resort Annual Passholder attending this event and are blocked out, your block will be lifted for this one day. Parking is not included with the price of the ticket, unless otherwise indicated. Guests who purchase tickets for the Carthay Circle Restaurant dining experience will receive complimentary valet parking in Downtown Disney; tickets for the dining experience include tax and gratuity. D23 Members will be required to provide their membership number when reserving tickets. Tickets may be picked up only with a valid photo ID AND D23 MEMBERSHIP CARD. D23 Members who do not bring their membership card may not be admitted to the event. Ticketed Members who do not attend the event forfeit their place as well as all experiences, benefits, and gifts associated with the event. If you wish to request sign language interpreting services for this event, please submit your request to[email protected] at least two weeks prior to the event date. All D23 Special Events are subject to change without notice. There are no cancellations or refunds, and tickets are not transferable.

---------

I'm an AP holder so I entered to win a free preview day. I don't know if I should shell out the money to be guaranteed to attend. Any thoughts?

• Timelord

Re: D23 Preview Events at Disney California Adventure

Wish I had the extra $500, sounds like fun, albeit overpriced considering I didn't even spend that much for the Off the Map event which included dinner at Club 33.

An hour ago Disneyland started selling Annual Passholders tickets to the same event at the same prices for the same times. http://disneyland.disney.go.com/spec...r-passholders/

What's the point of waiting til Friday to attempt to buy them from D23 as their servers crash all over the place?

Quote Originally Posted by isny View Post
    Wish I had the extra $500, sounds like fun, albeit overpriced considering I didn't even spend that much for the Off the Map event which included dinner at Club 33.
    Good point! I hadn't even thought to compare the two. By doing dinner and World of Color at Carthay Circle the week after it opens, I guess we're saving ourselves about $430!
    Last edited by Dustysage; 05-17-2012 at 09:56 AM.

Blog Entries

Where are they selling these for APs?

Edit: Found it! Thanks for posting!

• Dream in wonderful color!

Quote Originally Posted by nursemelis374 View Post
    Where are they selling these for APs?
    Tickets are available here:

Grand Reopening of Disney California Adventure Park | Annual Passholder Offers | Disneyland Resort
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries

I really can't decide if I should buy or not. I have been at too many of these things that were crowded and had lots of breakdowns. At least with the free events you aren't out 50 bucks if the rides don't work.

Plus, I wonder if it will be so crowded that you can't experience everything in 4 hours.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. . . . . .

Me too! I also worry that they won't really clear the place in the hour between each time slot, so the later you go, the more crowded it will be...

• Just another Disney fan..

The way it is worded is seems like this is a DLR event that DLR has made available to a limited number of D23 members.

The D23 event is good for those people who aren't DLR annual pass holders. That is the only reason I see for waiting until Friday is if you don't have a DLR AP but still want to go to the preview event.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post
    The way it is worded is seems like this is a DLR event that DLR has made available to a limited number of D23 members.

The D23 event is good for those people who aren't DLR annual pass holders. That is the only reason I see for waiting until Friday is if you don't have a DLR AP but still want to go to the preview event.
    There might be another reason to wait if you are not a PAP. The fine print for the D23 tickets includes admission if it is a blockout date for an AP. The fine print for the free Ap event says the same. The fine print for the paid AP event does not. -- Suzanne

• I'm wishing

Has anyone had the same problem I have had today when trying to order the tickets? I log in, select my date and time, and the final charge shows at $500, even though I'm not ordering the dinner ticket...I even changed the dates and times trying to find out if it was just one time reservation that was mis-priced, but it seems to be all.

Anyone?

•   

Quote Originally Posted by JulieMouse View Post
    Has anyone had the same problem I have had today when trying to order the tickets? I log in, select my date and time, and the final charge shows at $500, even though I'm not ordering the dinner ticket...I even changed the dates and times trying to find out if it was just one time reservation that was mis-priced, but it seems to be all.

Anyone?
    No but I have a different problem. When I tried to buy from the DL site I went to check out it said they were unable to authorize my credit card. I tried three different credit cards. Same message. I called the AP line and spoke with a CM who recommended I delete my cookies. I tried that and same thing. I called back and the CM suggested I was over my limit. No. I called my DD who is also an AP and when she tried she got the same message. I tried two different computers and my iPad. No luck. My DD was finally able to buy the DL AP tickets by using her DH's PC.

Last week when I tried to buy WoC picnics I was also denied. I even tried using Google Chrome in the ingonito mode. I called the AP line and the CM was at a loss. I sent a message to tech support and am waiting for a response. I can spend money on the D23 site and the Disneystore.com site but not the DL site. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that I have a Premier AP. The site seems to be buggy about those. My DD was a Premier AP holder but is currently a PAP.

I've never had trouble giving Disney my money before.
    Leonard
    "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. I REFUSE!"

i'm having buyers remorse over this. its going to be packed! ughh

I was going to go for the $75 ticket. Only to notice a few hours later that Disney posted on their Facebook page that it was also open to APs.

That right there made me pass on the event. Would have been nice to have one D23 members only day. No reason to pay it only to deal with crowds, I'll just wait until opening.

• Dream in wonderful color!

Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders and D23 Members: Register Now for Disney California Adventure Park Experience Opportunities « Disney Parks Blog

The $500-ticket dinners will feature special guest presentations by John Lassetter and a member of the Disney family (Diane Disney).
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries

I think it is interesting that these are not yet sold out. Maybe they won't be too crowded.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast