Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

D23 Expo 2013 Tickets Go On Sale August 9th at 10am

D23 announced today that they will begin ticket sales for the 2013 D23 Expo on August 9th at 10am. Tickets will be available at: www.D23Expo.com

According to the press release from Disney "The D23 Expo celebrates the entire world of Disney entertainment and brings together all parts of The Walt Disney Company under one roof, including The Walt Disney Studios; Walt Disney Parks and Resorts; Disney Consumer Products; Media Networks (including ABC, ABC Family, Disney Channel, and Radio Disney) and Disney Interactive. D23 Expo 2013 marks the third Expo held in Anaheim, following Expos in 2009 and 2011."

Steps have been made to accommodate a larger crowd in 2013. The D23 Arena will accomidate over 2,000 guests and the Stage 23 venue will feature double the capacity of the previous expo. In addition, the show floor will be expanded into halls A, B, C and D at the Anaheim Convention center.

As in previous years, D23 Expo 2013 will feature:

• Disney Legends Awards
    • A 12,000 square-foot Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives exhibit
    • live events
    • celebrity appearances
    • panels
    • presentations
    • sneak peeks
    • Expanded Collectors Forum area
    • unique experiences that celebrate the past, present, and future of Disney

Tickets for D23 Expo 2013 will be available at a discounted price for a limited time. From August 9–December 31, 2012, tickets will be $47 for a one-day adult admission and $37 for children 3-12. Tickets for members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club will be $40 for a one-day adult admission and $32 for children. Multi-day tickets are also available for both D23 Members and the general public, and D23 Members can save as much as $204 off the price of admission, based on the purchase of four three-day tickets at the D23 Member rate. For more information on tickets and the ticket pricing structure for members and general admission, visit www.D23Expo.com.

In addition to these special advance-purchase savings, D23 Members can also buy D23 Expo VIP Sorcerer Packages, extremely limited tickets that are only available to members. These packages offer incredible, exclusive opportunities.

Sorcerer Package tickets will be available exclusively to both Gold- and Silver-level D23 Members at $1,500 per ticket. Members will also have the option to purchase up to two Sorcerer tickets.

The Sorcerer Package includes:

• Three-day admission ticket
    • Reserved seating at all presentations in the D23 Arena and Stage 23
    • Commemorative Sorcerer credential
    • Pre-Expo tour of the Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives exhibit
    • Exclusive shopping time in the D23 Expo Dream Store and the Treasure Trove the day before the Expo is open to guests
    • First opportunity to purchase D23 Expo Dream Store merchandise via the Random Selection Process (RSP)
    • Exclusive tour of the D23 Expo show floor the day before the Expo is open to the public
    • Private welcome reception
    • Special entrance to the Expo each morning
    • Hardbound Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives catalog
    • Hardbound Disney Legends ceremony commemorative program
    • Exclusive D23 Expo 2013 tote bag filled with gifts
    • “Fond Farewell” reception on final day of Expo

In addition, Sorcerer-level members have access to the Sorcerer Member Lounge featuring:

• Complimentary light snacks throughout the day with ability to purchase additional food
    • Special exhibit created by the Walt Disney Archives
    • Dedicated Sorcerer Concierge desk
    • Baggage Check area
    • Masseur on site (for pay)
    • One voucher for 20-minute free massage

Additional details and benefit are highlighted at www.D23Expo.com.

D23 Members receive early admission to the Expo show floor.
    Last edited by Dustysage; 07-26-2012 at 11:17 AM.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Disney Trivia God

Re: D23 Expo 2013 Tickets Go On Sale August 9th at 10am

$1500 bucks for the "Sorcerer" level tickets? Yikes! Why didn't they just call it "The 1 Percent" level?

•   

Agreed, cidbliq...Seems like a waste of money, quite frankly. I'm interested in attending but I'm still a little irked about how they handled the last one.

I'm trying to decide on just going 1 day or all three... Last year I left after a few hours cause of the lines.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

As much as I enjoy the D23 Expo. I'm going to give this one a miss.

It looks like I'll be visiting Florida instead with a friend. Although I certainly won't miss the angry crowds or long waits. And $1,500 for the Sorcerer package. Thats insane.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I was there for the entire thing last time... I'm about 75% certain I'll go this time (since I'm only 2 hours away). I renewed my charter membership in D23 one more time just to keep my "charter" status. Last time there was suppose to be a really special lounge just for the charter members. I was less than blown away with it. I'm not anticipating that they will have anything special for us charter members next time. Looks like the focus is on that rarified few who have $1500 that they can toss out.

One more Expo and then I figure I'm pretty well done because even the AP's are quickly creeping up into the area that I can no longer even afford one of those and if I can't go to the park after Expo... then why bother.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Just a little clarification. The 2,000 seats mentioned above in the arena is acutally 2,000 extra seats in a overflow area.
    From the D23 site:In anticipation of even bigger attendance, D23 Expo 2013 will feature: an overflow theater for the D23 Arena, which will accommodate more than 2,000 guests for live streaming of the popular Arena presentations; nearly double the size of presentation venue Stage 23 (formerly 1,000 seats); and an expanded show floor, to include Halls A, B, C, and D, as well as a larger Collectors Forum to provide even more magical experiences for guests.

•   

These were the prices from last Expo. I guess the price of everything at Disney is going up... and won't stop until a majority of us stop shelling out the $...

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Wow... so the early bird price this year for all three days is the same as the at the door price from the last one... $30 more. Yup, this will be my last Expo.... since if they do another one in 2015, the price will probably be at least $150 early bird for all three days.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I'm going to get a D23 Membership JUST to get the early access into the floor worth the price since the first BIG show always gets full by the time "normal" people get in

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I'm going to get a D23 Membership JUST to get the early access into the floor worth the price since the first BIG show always gets full by the time "normal" people get in
    Considering how long the lines were to get in last time - even for D23 members - it still may take you an hour to get in. So plan on getting there crazy early every day.

Somewhere beyond the walls of Disneyland in a land far, far away...

We're planning on going, however this time around is going to be much more difficult for us since we are no longer within driving distance...hopefully we will be able to make it.

I am disappointed that the early bird 3 day pass is $115. I expected it to be just under $100. I realize that the incentive for early bird last year was that you could "lock in 2009 pricing" and I knew the price would go up...but not quite that much.

Since we will have to factor in airfare and a rental car on top of expo tix, hotel and park tix and we're on the tightest of budgets...well, we shall see. We've been to the last 2 expos and though we've had lots of disappointments (especially in 2011), we have also had some really fabulous memories that we wouldn't have gotten anywhere else. Hopefully we can make it 3 for 3.
    Imagination ~ dream a fantastic dream ~ use your imagination

Please visit my store!
    http://www.zazzle.com/carouselofcolor*

My current blog - check it out!
    http://www.thishappyplace.wordpress.com

I think all of the hoo-hah about the D23 Expo is amusing. Have you guys been to Comic-Con, where for $150 you get a bunch of pushing and shoving and standing in line and waiting for hours so you can MAYBE get a chance to sit in a crowded room and watch things on monitors? At least at D23 Expo, the show floor is manageable, it's all about Disney, you have time to talk to people, and you get a chance to actually SEE presentations, plus there's all sorts of other activities to do and Disneyland is right across the street? My God, I was at Comic-Con last month for three of the four days and it was frankly a nightmare, though I guess I am a glutton for punishment because I keep going back. But all things considered, even if there were long, long lines at the last Expo, I'd MUCH rather experience the D23 Expo. The $115 price is worth it to me, as a Disney fan, and adding in $75 for my membership, that's $190 to get three days of the D23 Expo, the magazine and all the added benefits of D23. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

---------- Post added 08-07-2012 at 10:44 PM ----------

Plus, I'm going to take it on faith that since there have been two Expos, one good and one bad (relatively, based on what everyone claims) that they're going to learn their lesson and improve it since I've never been to any other "bad" D23 event, which is more than I can say for Disneyland or WDW.

• Be Patient I'm Learning!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Carrefour View Post
    Agreed, cidbliq...Seems like a waste of money, quite frankly. I'm interested in attending but I'm still a little irked about how they handled the last one.

I agree. I can't decide if it's going to be worth it, especially at the higher prices for the expo and tickets to the resort. If its like last time, I would rather just go one day and see the exhibits and floor.
    Christina

Quote Originally Posted by EC82 View Post
    I think all of the hoo-hah about the D23 Expo is amusing. Have you guys been to Comic-Con, where for $150 you get a bunch of pushing and shoving and standing in line and waiting for hours so you can MAYBE get a chance to sit in a crowded room and watch things on monitors?
    You just described The D23 Expo 2011, except I only paid $86 for 3 days.

... and you get a chance to actually SEE presentations ...
    Don't know what Expo you attended, but that wasn't my experience. If you didn't get to the queue at least 3+ hours early for most sessions, you didn't get in. Even that wasn't a guarantee. My friend and I gave up after awhile trying to get into nearly anything.

Plus, I'm going to take it on faith that since there have been two Expos, one good and one bad (relatively, based on what everyone claims) that they're going to learn their lesson and improve it
    So they improved the big session by adding a spillover hall for 2,000 more people (not a lot when everyone wants to get in). What they should have announced was monitors everywhere for keynotes like the movies session streamed live so even if you didn't get a seat, you can see it somewhere.

From what I can tell, they put a band aid on a severed artery.

One of the worst thing Disney does - and it's sometimes at the park but has been true for all D23 events I have been to - is how they handled the merch. Having to look everything up in a book slowed those lines down immensely. There's no reason it should take 30 - 60m to check out. This was especially true of the Treasures exhibit which is the one that had the D23 merch. I expect the Destination D this weekend to be similar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast