DISNEY TWENTY-THREE TAKES READERS BEHIND THE SCENES
OF THE SPECTACULAR DISNEY CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE EXPANSION IN ITS ALL-NEW FALL ISSUE
Disney Fans Also See the Making of D23’s ‘Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives,’ Preview Tim Burton’s Frankenweenie, and Get a Sneak Peek of Once Upon a Time’s New Season
BURBANK, Calif. – July 27, 2012 – From the high-octane thrills of Cars Land to the immersive beauty of Buena Vista Street, the fall issue of Disney twenty-three, the flagship magazine of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club, offers a complete insider’s guide to the spectacular expansion of Disney California Adventure.
Available nationwide on Aug. 14, the fall issue of Disney twenty-three takes readers on a journey through the stunning reimagining of the park with exclusive interviews, breathtaking photography, and surprising details straight from Disney Imagineers, who designed the new buildings, attractions and entertainment featured in the park. Along with the new issue, D23 Gold Members will receive a special member-only gift: a colorful, commemorative magnetic postcard celebrating Disney California Adventure’s incredible expansion.
“Disney fans around the world are flocking to Disney California Adventure to experience the extraordinary transformation of the park,” said Steven Clark, head of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club. “With the fall issue of the magazine, we decided to take D23 Members more deeply than ever into the making of 20 new attractions and shows that have been added to the park during the five-year expansion.”
The fall issue also celebrates ABC’s hit series Once Upon A Time, looking at the show’s roots in Disney mythology and offering a sneak peek at its upcoming second season. The story features exclusive interviews with the show’s creators and stars, including Jennifer Morrison, Josh Dallas and Ginnifer Goodwin — a D23 Member who opens up about her love of all things Disney.
Disney twenty-three also explores the most exciting new developments throughout Disney – while offering new insight into fan favorites. In its pages, Disney fans will be able to:
• Unlock the doors of D23 Presents Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives and see some of the iconic pieces now on display at The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library & Museum
• Get early details from director Tim Burton on his latest monster of a movie, Frankenweenie
• Pay tribute to groundbreaking author and futurist Ray Bradbury with a heartwarming remembrance by Disney Legend Marty Sklar
• Celebrate Disney Legend Alice Davis, who just received a window on Disneyland’s Main Street, U.S.A., next to her late husband, Marc, one of Walt’s Nine Old Men
• Get answers to “23 Questions” with Newsies star Bill Pullman
In conjunction with the release of fall issue of Disney twenty-three, for the first time Disney D23
will feature original and exclusive stories that complement the contents of D23’s beautiful, glossy magazine. Only available on D23.com, beginning August 14:
• With exclusive artwork, Imagineer Kevin Rafferty reveals the initial plans and ideas for “Carland” – the car-themed land that was in development for Disney California Adventure before Cars Land
• Once Upon a Time showcases 23 "hidden" Disney references embedded in its first season
• Once Upon A Time stars Jennifer Morrison, Lana Parrilla, Raphael Sbarge and Josh Dallas reveal their favorite Disney movies, characters, theme park attractions and memories
• Exclusive outtakes from Disney twenty-three's interview with Frankenweenie director Tim Burton