Is there any benefit to joining D23 if you do not live in Southern California?

I'm up in the SF Bay Area - seems like most, if not all events are in southern cal.

Any other benefits that would justify the cost if I cannot attend any of the events?

Thx !!

Re: Is there any benefit to joining D23 if you do not live in Southern California?

Well...if you are a gold member, the magazine is awesome. I live in the SF bay area too...and think that the magazine is worth the price you pay. My two cents.

Re: Is there any benefit to joining D23 if you do not live in Southern California?

I'd say if you have access to certain areas in California, than the membership is most likely worth it.

I purchased mine in the last year so I could go to the Destination D event in Anaheim. Other than that, a membership for someone like me in the middle of the country provides very little. There is the 'Fanniversary' event, but it just didn't have the same kind of energy. Then again, I guess it was little more than a 'road-show.'

It also feels that New York or Florida get more stuff than we do. I miss the old days when I'd buy a 1-year membership to 'The Disney News' in the early 90's, and felt like I was part of a super-secret club.