Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• One Little Spark...

Re: D23 Expo Early Entry

I'd like to call D23 member services to complain that they were charging people to be in a fan club in the first place. One of Disney's biggest scams.

I totally feel your frustration Ariel. It's absolutely ridiculous!!

Cool Re: D23 Expo Early Entry

Quote Originally Posted by Dinglehopper View Post
    Just got off the phone with D23 member services with my complaint about free members getting early entry to the expo. Basically they don't care. I plan on calling a couple more times next week to try to talk to different people, but if anyone else wants to call the number is (855)323-5973.

I'm really frustrated. If they would even give us a separate door to enter through so our line won't be as long... it would at least be something to show that they care about us.
    Do you really think it is going to make any difference? I think most general admission people won't bother signing up for FREE D23.

Also, with the new D23 arena presentations on Friday and Saturday morning, many (most?) people are going to be waiting in the D23 arena line which opens at 8:00am. They're not even going to hang out till 9:00am to get in the D23 line for the show floor. I've never been, but the FAQs say their are going to be 3 lines - one for D23 arena 8:00am, one for D23 members 9:00am, and one for general admission 10:00am.

Cool Re: D23 Confirms Early Entry to Expo for Free Members

This is what the D23 Expo site says. So, I think everyone is going to be in the D23 Arena line at 8:00am and you won't have to worry about the D23 Member line which doesn't open until 9:00am.
    Entrance Locations
    Upon arrival, there will be signs clearly visible to direct you to the entrances of the D23 Expo areas you wish to visit first:

• Show Floor – D23 Members
    • Show Floor – General Admission
    • D23 Arena – All Attendees

The D23 Arena entrance will open as early as 8:00 a.m. to all attendees for the Friday and Saturday morning sessions. Since recording devices will not be allowed at select D23 Arena presentations, a camera check location will be available. Please check back here or our mobile app (available in July through the iTunes and Google Play Stores) for the most up-to-date information.

• Disney Trivia Queen

Will the 8am D23 arena line be open for everyone? That doesn't make any sense, why would anyone wait in the general admission line until 10:00? And why should general admission get the same spot in line for the arena as a paid member?

Yeah the 8 am D23 arena line will be open for everyone . What I want to know is if you enter the D23 arena line can you reach the show floor from there to get the stage pass tickets. We have a party of two so we would both need to wait in the D23 arena line so that one of us could grab both entry tickets to then wait in the stagepass line. But we are still having trouble figuring out how we would get to the stagepass line. Would we need to completely exit and wait in the show floor entrance line? I think what is the most confusing is that everything has a different entrance time. We called and the guy even seemed confused about this and didn't give us a clear answer.

• Disney Trivia Queen

Yeah, I'm not sure why they are doing this year, but they are just screwing everything up! Hopefully they get enough people complaining to either fix some stuff for this year or to fix it for next time.

• Tinkerbell's Place

Re: D23 Confirms Early Entry to Expo for Free Members

I say we ask Disney Geek and see if he knows anything, he's full of info.

• Tinkerbell's Place

I agree, I am a Gold Charter Member and I don't think the FREE Membership people should get the same privileges as us Charters, let alone Gold/Silver. I think I will call this number and complain too. I've also had nothing but trouble being able to log into website as well, and no one has contacted me back, I'm a paid member but can't get into site cause I had to reset password and it won't take the password that D23 sent me, what a pain!

• Disney Trivia Queen

Please do call Tinkerbell! I've called a couple of times and always get the same, we will let corporate know but there is nothing we can do answer. But I figure if I talk to a different person each time, hopefully someone will actually tell corporate that people are mad!

After spending yesterday at ComicCon, I will appreciate any/all these advantages of being a member. The crowd control has made D23 a Piñata, but I'll bet that the third time is a charm. At least until I go thru the lines Friday morning. ( Remember Disney is magic. Repeat as necessary to remain calm. )

EDITOR'S NOTE: Personal info regarding a Disney employee has been removed. It is a violation of MiceChat policy
    Last edited by Fishbulb; 07-22-2013 at 08:35 AM.

EDITOR'S NOTE: Personal info regarding a Disney employee has been removed. It is a violation of MiceChat policy
    Last edited by Fishbulb; 07-22-2013 at 08:35 AM.

• Disney Trivia Queen

Thanks! When I call D23 guest services and ask to talk to someone above them they say "There are no managers or supervisors but we will forward your complaint to corporate" And I doubt they actually do. I will call today!

Quote Originally Posted by EC82 View Post
    Apologies for writing an email address. But the phone number I listed was only the main number to The Walt Disney Company, which people who have a valid complaint about Disney should use, since it IS a publicly held company.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast