• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

D23 Expo Costume Contest - Friday August 9th, 2013

In grand Edna Mode style, the D23 Expo will be holding a costume contest for the first time this year. In previous years, they've encouraged Cosplay, but they'll take it up a notch this time around. The award . . .

D23 EXPO CELEBRATES THE WONDERFUL WORLDS OF DISNEY WITH INAUGURAL COSTUME CONTEST

"A La Mode" Invites Guests at the Ultimate Disney Fan Event to Dress Their Best For Fun and Prizes On Friday, August 9[/I]

BURBANK, Calif. - June 25, 2013 - Since the first D23 Expo in 2009, fans have shown their passion for Disney by dressing up as their favorite and most beloved Disney characters while attending the one-of-a-kind event at the Anaheim Convention Center. This year, D23: The Official Disney Fan Club celebrates that excitement and enthusiasm with the first A La Mode Costume Contest, which will take place Friday, August 9 at 2:30 p.m. in Stage 23.

A La Mode, named after The Incredibles' couture genius Edna Mode, is the first competition of its kind to showcase fans' creativity through costumes inspired by all things Disney, including Motion Pictures (Animation, Pixar, Marvel, and Lucasfilm); Parks & Resorts; Consumer Products; Media Networks (including Disney Channel, ABC, and ESPN); and Interactive.

Five collectible trophies - specially designed for the A La Mode Costume Contest - will be awarded to the most magical costumes in the following categories: Original Design (or inspired by...), Re-creation, Craftsmanship, Young Fan, and Best in Show.

The contest will be two (2) hours in length, and, therefore, the number of entrants is limited. Guests interested in participating MUST complete an entry from, available now at D23Expo.com. Closing date for entry is July 21. Not all applications for entry will be accepted. Applications will be evaluated on the merits of quality and quantity and selected at the producers' discretion.

Tickets for the D23 Expo are $57 for a one-day adult admission and $47 for children 3-12. Tickets for members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club are $50 for a one-day adult admission and $42 for children. Multi-day money-saving tickets are also available for both D23 Members and the general public, and D23 Members can save as much as $84 off the price of admission, based on the purchase of four three-day tickets at the D23 Member rate. For more information on tickets and the ticket pricing structure for members and general admission, visit D23Expo.com.

The D23 Expo - The Ultimate Disney Fan Event - brings the entire world of Disney under one roof, providing attendees with unprecedented access to Disney films, television, and theme parks. For the latest D23 Expo 2013 news, visit D23Expo.com. To be part of the D23 Expo conversation, make sure to follow @DisneyD23 and tag your tweets with #D23Expo.
    Be sure to stop by the MiceChat booth in your costume. We'd like to take photos of the clever ideas the MiceChatters come up with for this year's expo!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Re: D23 Expo Costume Contest - Friday August 9th, 2013

Oooooooh! Can't wait to see pics of THIS!!!!!

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

•   
    • Super Hero

I want the Edna Mode trophy! They should sell that.
    Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab
    I still can't figure out where that strap goes.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I want the Edna Mode trophy too! What should I wear folks?!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Can't wait....love costumes...
    For the love of Disney....

• Always Dreaming

I submitted my Rapunzel costume. I'm really hoping to get past preliminary judging as I'm sure they'll have loads of Rapunzel submissions. I can only hope all the hard work I put into the costume will be enough!

If anyone wants to see, here's a video featuring the costume (I'm not wearing the crown in it, but I did make Rapunzel's crown too): http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=EnpKjMRKJNM
    Last edited by aurorahermione; 06-26-2013 at 11:46 AM.
    http://aurorahermione.tumblr.com - costuming and random Disney stuff

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    I want the Edna Mode trophy too! What should I wear folks?!
    Here's one piecer of advice to get you on the right track:

A La Mode award requirement (in LARGE BOLD PRINT):

NO CAPES! (unless you are a villain, then it is allowed)

• Always Dreaming

Did anyone else here make it into the contest? I got accepted with my Rapunzel! I'm so excited and was just wondering if anyone else would be doing it!
    http://aurorahermione.tumblr.com - costuming and random Disney stuff