D23 Presentations that have a no camera policy ??

A couple of presentations are listed in the schedule that say "Cell phones, cameras, and all recording devices will be checked for this presentation." I also saw that there isn't any lockers available. Does anybody know how this works? Will we have to all wait in line and leave our phones at a kiosk then pick up later?? I'm just trying to plan ahead so any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Re: D23 Presentations that have a no camera policy ??

Yup, that's how it works,they will take your items and give you a receipt so you can pick them up after the presentation. As you can guess this takes extra time so plan accordingly. Last expo we had the scathingly brilliant idea to leave the phones in the hotel so we could breeze through the line. It didn't work and we still had to wait in the check-in line. Leaving the presentation did go a bit faster, but it was hardly worth being without a phone for the day.
    "A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference." Eeyore

• Disney Trivia Queen

Re: D23 Presentations that have a no camera policy ??

Make sure you have everything right when you pick them up! Last year a small video camera got left in the bag when they handed us everything back. We had quite a few phones and cameras for my family so we didn't notice until way later. We checked lost and found and it hadn't been turned in. No one at lost and found believed us when we said that we thought we never got it back. Finally we ended up finding someone who checked and sure enough it was still with the bags.